Kristoff Kowalkowski signs with St. Thomas...

If you’re not his dad (which you are) and you’re watching his brothers highlights on YouTube we maybe need to report you. You know his gpa…it’s odd.
I know him from HS, I go to the University. Who are you a Russian spy?

Sorry not his dad, but I am a fan of his. If you want to see something funny take a look at his little brother Triston's 7th grade football highlights on Utube. HIs little brother is a beast, he is a 8th grade QB on the Varsity team in St. Cloud MN.
This might be the weirdest thread of all time. Dad, the kid himself, uncle, mom who knows but someone close who should leave his opinions out of the public sphere. The 8th grade kid oughta tell everyone around him to just shut up and let his play stand on its own. As for the 18 year old, he’s likely going to fade away and maybe already has if he’s not on a team now. Seantrel’s dad made it difficult for him and he was the top recruit in the county. Lessons to be learned, hopefully soon enough to not torpedo the younger K QB as it’s likely too late for KK. St. Thomas by the way throws the ball a ton when they have QB and receiver talent.

I think despite what happens to Kristoff, and if he does come up short, we don't risk pushing the rest of the kids to attend Iowa, or worse yet, the whole family will move to Lakeville, and one of them will be a starting QB for Wisconsin.

There are pictures with coach Ciarrocha and PJ evaluating Kristoff and evidently there wasn't enough there, but don't kill the pipeline, especially if Tristian is passing completions that are longer than what most GH'ers can throw.

I just got done doing some scouting based on twitter videos I've found.

Tristian Kowalkowski is a 3 star QB from the Wright County area.
He throws left handed and hits WR's in stride on 30 yard go routes.
Tristan shows good mobility and is a threat to run the ball.

Being left handed, he has proper touch when throwing into the flat while rolling left to ensure Running Backs can catch the ball fluidly hitting them in stride.

He has a quick release, but mechanics could use some improvement.

When the lefthander rolls to his right, she shows an uncanny ability to get proper velocity on the ball while throwing against his body.

It's obviously early for this 2027 class QB, but if he can develop the additional strength, he may get the eyes of the bigger programs to push his rating to that of a 4-star QB.

Areas for improvement:
Tristian needs to develop better pocket presence where he currently is playing against kids who are just running around at the QB, and his offensive line pass blocking can be suspect. Tristian relies on his pure athleticism to make up for this lack of pocket presence which will not serve him well should he end up playing in Nebraska behind OT Bryce Bernhart.

I know him from HS, I go to the University. Who are you a Russian spy?
Let me first say this, your son seems like a smart and athletic kid. He wasn't good enough to play at the U and it turns out probably wasn't good enough to play at St. Thomas. That said, he is likely more athletic than 90% of us on Gopherhole ever were. I also agree that a lot of athletes got screwed by the weird COVID rules and the transfer rules.

Second, no one who has ever gone to the U has ever said "I go to the University". I can't remember what it was you also butchered another common thing when you were pretending to be a student. You're not.

Third, Kristoff Kowalkowski does not have "fans" that follow him around school to school following his career. It just doesn't happen. If you're really such a fan of Kristoff Kowalkowski that you're following his stats, getting inside intel about how Glenn Caruso treats him, and following his 12 year old brother on Youtube, that's insane. That's like WAY more insane than just being Kristoff's dad and hyping him up on here.

Lastly, we give you crap on here but I hope he finds a spot to play (if he wants to) and you should be proud of him. Of all of your goofy antics on here, you do seem like you have a good kid. You should LEAN into that identity (the dad with the good kid) rather than pretending to be someone else (the world's largest Kristoff Kowalkowski fan).

Five pages now on GopherHole for a guy that was never offered by the U, enrolled at St. Thomas, and now isn't playing anywhere?...and to top it off there is now a kid brother that we all should be aware of? This is the weirdest thread.
I actually feel a little bad for Kristoff since these threads really have nothing to do with him and are fully driven by Tommyboy's over the top promotion of him and the joke it has become. Not the kids fault that Dad is a little (or a lot) out of touch with reality.

If you’re not his dad (which you are) and you’re watching his brothers highlights on YouTube we maybe need to report you. You know his gpa…it’s odd.

Let this guy assist GH with this intractable quandary -

Let me first say this, your son seems like a smart and athletic kid. He wasn't good enough to play at the U and it turns out probably wasn't good enough to play at St. Thomas. That said, he is likely more athletic than 90% of us on Gopherhole ever were. I also agree that a lot of athletes got screwed by the weird COVID rules and the transfer rules.

Second, no one who has ever gone to the U has ever said "I go to the University". I can't remember what it was you also butchered another common thing when you were pretending to be a student. You're not.

Third, Kristoff Kowalkowski does not have "fans" that follow him around school to school following his career. It just doesn't happen. If you're really such a fan of Kristoff Kowalkowski that you're following his stats, getting inside intel about how Glenn Caruso treats him, and following his 12 year old brother on Youtube, that's insane. That's like WAY more insane than just being Kristoff's dad and hyping him up on here.

Lastly, we give you crap on here but I hope he finds a spot to play (if he wants to) and you should be proud of him. Of all of your goofy antics on here, you do seem like you have a good kid. You should LEAN into that identity (the dad with the good kid) rather than pretending to be someone else (the world's largest Kristoff Kowalkowski fan).
I don't know you Bob--but this post made me laugh enough where I owe you a beer (or tea, or whatever you want)

FWIW - if you want a young kid to watch, there is a QB at Jackson County Central in SW MN named Roman Voss. Started last year as an 8th Grader. I saw him play. Very talented and mature for his age. His older brother is the backup QB at South Dakota State and runs some Wildcat packages with the 1st-string.

Roman Voss also played varsity basketball as an 8th-grader. Not sure if he is a D1 FB prospect, but at the very least, I would think high D2 or FCS.

just saying that I've been watching HS FB for a long time, and this kid is as talented as I've seen at his age.

…then you should spend some time reconsidering the life choices that brought you to where you are now
I'm trying to determine if I really understand the sarcasm of this post or not. :unsure:

FWIW - if you want a young kid to watch, there is a QB at Jackson County Central in SW MN named Roman Voss. Started last year as an 8th Grader. I saw him play. Very talented and mature for his age. His older brother is the backup QB at South Dakota State and runs some Wildcat packages with the 1st-string.

Roman Voss also played varsity basketball as an 8th-grader. Not sure if he is a D1 FB prospect, but at the very least, I would think high D2 or FCS.

just saying that I've been watching HS FB for a long time, and this kid is as talented as I've seen at his age.
Oh ok, sure thing Mr Voss 😉

Don't feel offended if a player you are rooting for did not get a Gopher offer.

The Gophers are making every effort to keep the best in-state players. The top ones have more options.

They recruit nationally to get their best-recruiting classes every year. I have confidence that someday the Gophers will win the Big Ten West title. However, we have to watch how the conference is going to realign.

as I read it, "watching young kid" = pedophile

a real knee-slapper.
Apologies, I definitely didn’t mean it that way but I can 100% see how it came across that way.

I meant if you’re seeking out highlight film from an 8th grader, it’s a pretty bad sign that you’re taking football recruiting way too seriously

Apologies, I definitely didn’t mean it that way but I can 100% see how it came across that way.

I meant if you’re seeking out highlight film from an 8th grader, it’s a pretty bad sign that you’re taking football recruiting way too seriously
I read it the same way but assumed it was sarc.

Holds the ball low by his side which is a bad habit. Appears to be able to lob the ball about 35-40 yards which is comparable with most Gopher Hole greats.

6'3" 185 as an eighth / ninth grader is quite impressive.

I know the kid. I know his family. watched his brother and sister play multiple sports.

not related. just promoting a kid from my neck of the woods, who I think has a chance to be really good.

I've been watching HS sports for 40-odd years, and I have not seen a lot of 8th-graders who started for their varsity FB team. thought it was worth a mention.

I'm sorry for trying to say something positive. I will try to stick to sarcasm and personal insults, like most of the people on this board.

I know the kid. I know his family. watched his brother and sister play multiple sports.

not related. just promoting a kid from my neck of the woods, who I think has a chance to be really good.

I've been watching HS sports for 40-odd years, and I have not seen a lot of 8th-graders who started for their varsity FB team. thought it was worth a mention.

I'm sorry for trying to say something positive. I will try to stick to sarcasm and personal insults, like most of the people on this board.
Your original post was totally reasonable. Thanks for the info.

Not if he has potential to be special and perhaps being recruited by the Gophers some day. I'll take all of those tips I can get. Besides, Shorty said he saw him play, not just on film.

He is on the roster at Saint John’s for those wondering where he ended up. Hopefully papa will be content as he may need to be backup their for a couple of years
from someone I know who follows the team closely he is seriously competing for the backup job to the incumbent starter who transferred from colorado state

He is on the roster at Saint John’s for those wondering where he ended up. Hopefully papa will be content as he may need to be backup their for a couple of years
Assuming Syverson is healthy—I don’t see him not starting. He was great last year before getting hurt.

from someone I know who follows the team closely he is seriously competing for the backup job to the incumbent starter who transferred from colorado state
I would assume he would be right in there. He is a good player and is a right style fit for him.

Top Bottom