Kristoff Kowalkowski signs with St. Thomas...

I hope he does well. I even had no problem with TommyBoy hyperbolically touting him. It was when he starting denigrating Athan to make his boy look good that I got on the anti-TommyBoy wagon.
Tanner Morgan as well made TommyBoy jealous. Plus did you know, KK ran as fast as Sam Jackson? That was my favorite TommyBoy moment. #conedrill

We dodged a bullet there. The kid stinks.

Heard his mom is hot though.
You looked like you were having a good time with her when I saw the two of you at the bar last month.

What does this have to do with minnesota?
Kristoff Kolwakowski was in the 2021 Saint Thomas recruiting class as a two-star athlete as QB at 6'3", 210 lbs. If the Gophers were impressed enough, the Gophers could have offered him at least a PWO. There are simply many QBs with better ratings against better HS competition.

He may be one that is a late bloomer, or one that is under-rated. He certainly is cerebral speaking Chinese fluently with aspirations of becoming a doctor. Saint Thomas is a great place for him to develop. He looks like he can become a four-star athlete when his playing days are over.

He will be a great story to follow in the first Saint Thomas venture into Division 1 football. Good luck to him and Saint Thomas Football. There are now more opportunities for Minnesota HS football players to play in D1.

Last edited:

This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. He wasn’t even 1000% committed to St. Thomas!

I guess moving up from the Pioneer League would mean either high-end FCS (Dakotas?) or a G5 FBS school (Wyoming?).

Kristoff Kolwakowski was in the 2021 Saint Thomas recruiting class as a two-star athlete as QB at 6'3", 210 lbs. If the Gophers were impressed enough, the Gophers could have offered him at least a PWO. There are simply many QBs with better ratings against better HS competition.

He may be one that is a late bloomer, or one that is under-rated. He certainly is cerebral speaking Chinese fluently with aspirations of becoming a doctor. Saint Thomas is a great place for him to develop. He looks like he can become a four-star athlete when his playing days are over.

He will be a great story to follow in the first Saint Thomas venture into Division 1 football. Good luck to him and Saint Thomas Football. There are now more opportunities for Minnesota HS football players to play in D1.

He night be a D1 player somewhere, but it doesn't look like it will happen at St Thomas.

Tommyboy is back, Kristoff was asked about a POW in the past, we know what happens to Minnesota QB's that make that walk. St. Thomas, was rated in the bottom of FCS in passing. There QB's had more interceptions then TD's. They had only 2 TD's to WR for a whole season. Their QB's had as many running attempts as passing attempts. Kristoff is by far has the best arm on the team. He entered the team at 17 years old, he had IVY league offers and MAC. Covid limited his exposer. He has a 4.0 GPA and I guess this was taking classes like advanced calculus. I believe he wants a program that can go to the playoffs and passes the ball.

I actually feel bad for the kid… seems like he has family telling him he is way better than it appears coaches think he is…
It's not out of the realm of possibilities he ... is better.

I have no clue if he is or isn't. Just seen some coaches miss once in a while.

Tommyboy is back, Kristoff was asked about a POW in the past, we know what happens to Minnesota QB's that make that walk. St. Thomas, was rated in the bottom of FCS in passing. There QB's had more interceptions then TD's. They had only 2 TD's to WR for a whole season. Their QB's had as many running attempts as passing attempts. Kristoff is by far has the best arm on the team. He entered the team at 17 years old, he had IVY league offers and MAC. Covid limited his exposer. He has a 4.0 GPA and I guess this was taking classes like advanced calculus. I believe he wants a program that can go to the playoffs and passes the ball.
If I were him, I would have jumped on one of those Ivy or MAC offers.

If I were him, I would have jumped on one of those Ivy or MAC offers.
I think Covid messed up recruiting for the guys during this period. That is why you see a lot of movement in this group. I know Kristoff had over 20 teams scheduled to watch him throw in HS, only two teams watch him throw, one ended up with an offer to the MAC. Covid mess a lot of stuff up for everybody.

Couldn't make it at St. Thomas... Well, since he's got the grades, maybe Macalester or Carleton College might be a landing place. He might get to play, at least.

Why someone with what seems to be a very good brain would risk it playing college football anywhere except an Ivy league school is hard for me to fathom.
I suspect someone in his family needs to live vicariously in his son's football games and cares not about the risks his son is taking.

Top Bottom