Koi Perich Commits to Gophers!!!!!!!!!

for some reason, I thought Esko was out in the boonies, but it's not that far from Duluth.
My Mom lived in Esko for a few years, so I spent a couple Christmas there, pre my NYC era.

If it’s not in the “boonies”, it’s certainly in the subbonnies.

just off the top of my head, I can't think of too many 4* players from outstate MN.
It’s hard as many times their facilities, coaching and competition aren’t on par with the Metro schools.

Maybe someone with more computer skills than I possess can check into that.
as a guy who grew up in rural MN, it's fun to see players from smaller communities getting recognized. back in the 1960's, there was an OL from Peterson, MN who played for the Gophers. (can't remember the name.......)
Pre recruiting- Bird Island Barry likely would have been a 4 star - saw him play in our 4th of July Legion Tourney and watching him hit, run and chuck from the mound was a thing of beauty.

IIRC he was all state in all three sports- Mauer before Mauer.

Last edited:

It's at least plausible that (a) Fleck knew this might be coming, (b) NIL is part of it, and (c) this explains in part the comments last week.

The twitter (errr.... X) website is broken. Blame Elon Musk, it seems if you do not have an account, or are not logged in, you are not seeing an "up to date" version of his account. Most of his tweets seem to be missing.

However, I then logged into my account, and everything got fixed. His commitment post is indeed not pinned.

I dunno, when’s the last time an instate guy committed then flipped?

FWIW, he still follows a TON of current gopher players and commits, and I didn't see and USC players or commits on my quick skim.

I don’t see the 100% committed post pinned at the top anymore either on my X account 😳 Ots now the Junior highlights.

on3 lists his NIL Value at $74K. Not sure when they started doing that, or how they calculated it, but man.

Nathan Roy is at $95K. Those are the only two we have that have NIL value, according to them.

I think Perich flips and then Drake Lindsey, Mauricio Hinds, and Jaydon Wright all leave too.

Oh man. This sucks. Koi is probably eating some of Lincoln’s instagram worthy barbecue as we speak.

Staff, close this thread down. It’s over.
For the uninitiated, here is Lincoln Riley's easter brisket vs. my most recent effort.

I am more than happy to do another brisket for Koi and family for their next visit:

lincoln.jpg

Brisket1.jpg

on3 lists his NIL Value at $74K. Not sure when they started doing that, or how they calculated it, but man.

Nathan Roy is at $95K. Those are the only two we have that have NIL value, according to them.

I think Perich flips and then Drake Lindsey, Mauricio Hinds, and Jaydon Wright all leave too.
Your obviously a little b troll. Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

I have none and never have had any football talent, but can I stop by for a taste some time?
Maybe I'll have to make one and drop it off at a @GopherLady tailgate and you can sample it there.

BTW, the homemade BBQ sauce (top left of pic) was a 10/10. Bourbon/Honey, no ketchup, good amount of heat.

Get a life

The twitter (errr.... X) website is broken. Blame Elon Musk, it seems if you do not have an account, or are not logged in, you are not seeing an "up to date" version of his account. Most of his tweets seem to be missing.

However, I then logged into my account, and everything got fixed. His commitment post is indeed not pinned.
This. This has been an issue forever and why I’d put little stock in whether there is a tweet pinned or not at a given moment

For the uninitiated, here is Lincoln Riley's easter brisket vs. my most recent effort.

I am more than happy to do another brisket for Koi and family for their next visit:

View attachment 27417

View attachment 27418
Monday, October 2, 2023 2:58pm

"After much thought and careful culinary reflection, I have decided to decommit from the University of Mom & Dad. Leaving home was a very difficult decision but I'm incredibly blessed, and hungry, to announce my commitment to the Kitchen of Unregistered User. I'd like to thank all of those that have served me food fit for the children's table in supporting my decision. Stroke the Roast and Row the Gravy Boat!!!"

Ski-U-SorryMah

Slim Tubby

What kind of gopher fan would say this?
A realistic one. Recruits are essentially free agents at this point, and can choose the highest bidder.

If Koi gets a high five to low six-figure offer from some other school (not saying he will), why would any of you naive people think he couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't take it? Because he happens to be from Minnesota? Nice try. That's Sid thinking, and Sid's dead.

I'm a huge Gopher fan. If he was my kid, I'd tell him to take the money. That's not trolling - that's honesty.

I'd go if I was him. There's no telling where we'll be as a program in the new B1G, whereas he can go to LA and play in that environment and compete for spots in the CFP.

No brainer for me, and I was pumped about the in-state class.
Have fun on a defense that is always bad despite being loaded with blue chippers.

Top Bottom