Josh Martin commits to Minny!

feels_goodman.jpg

Attachments

• feels_goodman.jpg
    feels_goodman.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 27

Josh Martin commits to the Gophers!!!

Welcome the 1st member of the 2014 recruiting class!!!

Per Jeff Goodman...
@GoodmanESPN: Minnesota has landed commitment from forward Josh Martin, sources told ESPN. Also considered Pittsburgh and Florida State.

Sorry, just saw the other one posted...feel free to merge, admins :).

Josh also tweeted this:

@JoshMartin_206: Officially committing I the university of Minnesota #SkiUMah

Per Amelia: Josh Martin on decision: "It was an easy decision in my mind. It was actually not as hard as most people think." #Gophers

Lets go get either Lechance or Mason. Than recruit the hell out of Reid and Vaughn until the Spring

Yes! Great get. Now he needs to talk Lachance into joining him.

great great great! Him saying he had his mind made up during the Pitt visit scared me a bit but i'm happy we got him! Welcome Josh!

Good get, a lot of people could kind of see this one coming but feels good to have Martin confirm what a lot of people were feeling.

Looks like he will be able to contribute immediately. Has a college-ready body for a PF.

STrib: Seattle PF Josh Martin the first Gophers 2014 commit

"I hope they are [excited]," he said. "I'm going to try to be the first big recruit in the Pitino era."

The 6-8 Martin had also been seriously considering Florida State and Pittsburgh -- where he was this past weekend -- but his Gophers experienced topped his other choices.

"I just felt the best connection when I was down in Minnesota, which made the decision a little less strenuous.I kind of had it in my mind when I left Minnesota that I wanted to go to Minnesota, but I defiitely wanted to make sure that it was the right decision. It was right when I came back from Pittsburgh that I was like 'Yeah, I'm feeling Minnesota the most.'

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/225878891.html

Go Gophers!!

Awesome news. Ecstatic to have him on board. Think he fits the Pitino system perfectly. Love seeing kids excited about Minnesota!

I might have to change my handle.

Sweet!! Nice to finally have someone signed on board! Didn't he say in a tweet that he was trying to get ahold of Lachance for something? Possible package deal!?!? :D

Sweet!! Nice to finally have someone signed on board! Didn't he say in a tweet that he was trying to get ahold of Lachance for something? Possible package deal!?!? :D

Yeah I think he wants Lachance to join but it sounds like Riley is an Iowa lean.

Top Bottom