Josh Martin commits to Minny!

Great news! I just wish he could play this year! Welcome aboard!

Solid get. He could be a decent role player in a couple years. But contrary to what some have said, he's not a top 100 on ESPN. At least not according to this 2014 this list: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true

He's a 69, 2 stars!! on ESPN. Hopefully he is one of those "potential" or "coach 'em up" guys. I'm a little confused by the conflicting reviews I'm seeing here. Obviously we are all ecstatic to have him, but let's look at the objective reviews....

Scout.com (3 stars, NR)
Rivals.com (3 stars, NR)

Every solid program needs solid role players, and that's what we have here. I sincerely doubt he's the cornerstone of the class of 2014 for the U. Travis, Vaughn, Macura and LaChance are still out there.

Does this effect reid decision at all? Because with the new system with pitino I think they sure could play side by side. What a great get I am so pumped right now.. We finally got the ball rolling

I hate to be a downer really do but I was really disappointed to see josh Martin get moved out of the top 100 and be only a 2 star so I am not that excited about this commitment, a commitment from lachamce would maKelly things better though, he is ranked 99 on espn so he is barely a top 100 player

I hate to be a downer really do but I was really disappointed to see josh Martin get moved out of the top 100 and be only a 2 star so I am not that excited about this commitment, a commitment from lachamce would maKelly things better though, he is ranked 99 on espn so he is barely a top 100 player

People spend too much time obsessed with rankings. I think it is much more telling to look at the other schools that were pursuing him.....

He looks like he can play. I'm excited to have him.

Solid get. He could be a decent role player in a couple years. But contrary to what some have said, he's not a top 100 on ESPN. At least not according to this 2014 this list: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true

He's a 69, 2 stars!! on ESPN. Hopefully he is one of those "potential" or "coach 'em up" guys. I'm a little confused by the conflicting reviews I'm seeing here. Obviously we are all ecstatic to have him, but let's look at the objective reviews....

Scout.com (3 stars, NR)
Rivals.com (3 stars, NR)

Every solid program needs solid role players, and that's what we have here. I sincerely doubt he's the cornerstone of the class of 2014 for the U. Travis, Vaughn, Macura and LaChance are still out there.

Sounds like you've been under a rock for a while ha.

Papa Pitino got a good one from Seattle in Peyton Siva. Hopefully the Northwest connection continues and Josh Martin gives us a great four years!

I don't doubt that, I'm just not seeing a link

?? You provided the link. They don't make a new web page every time they change the rankings, that would be a terribly inefficient use of data space.

Haha. Didn't catch that nugget. I love BGF though, always good for some entertainment.

Can anyone explain to me why he plummeted so deeply in the rankings??? No one on here seems to care. Something had to happen for a kid to go from a 4 star, top 100 to a 2 star, NR.

I am also curious my he dropped in rankings. However, he has a Big !0 body in high school. Looks like he may have a good up side.

Can anyone explain to me why he plummeted so deeply in the rankings??? No one on here seems to care. Something had to happen for a kid to go from a 4 star, top 100 to a 2 star, NR.

He contracted the West Nile Virus.

Look at his offer list. Some pretty good schools were after him.

It's about a prospect's fit, not his rankings. A top 100 ranking is for casual fans to rub their hands together and lick their chops, nothing more. Austin wasn't a top 100 rated player, and personally I would take him any day of the week over a lot of top players.

It's been discussed the last week on this board. No one knows for sure, it seemed like a harsh drop. You'll have to contact ESPN.

Very difficult to continue to read posts on here

How about you watch his highlight tapes? How about you look at the other 10 schools who
offered him a scholarship? And then if you think he sucks, be sad all you want because you are an idiot anyway.

How about you watch his highlight tapes? How about you look at the other 10 schools who
offered him a scholarship? And then if you think he sucks, be sad all you want because you are an idiot anyway.

Agreed. After getting KILLED Saturday, this is GREAT news.

Amen, brother...amen.

Agreed. After getting KILLED Saturday, this is GREAT news.

Every year the football team gets me. I tell myself to just enjoy any victory they get but once a year I get my hopes up and think they'll amount to something. It's must better bring a Gopher football fan to assume a loss each week and then be pleasantly surprised at a W here or there.

Anywho, welcome abroad Josh Martin!

Don't be a slave to the recruiting rankings, man.

Top Bottom