Jerry Kill vs Bowling Green in Detroit

One sight? They all basically have NMST last or close to it. There’s a reason ESPN has ten different three win teams ranked ahead of them on there power index. NMST ranked 121 on the power index. They’re still a bad team. They lost to FIU who is ranked last at 131. Three of their wins were against teams ranked in the bottom four. Bowling Green is ranked 122. They lost to Nevada who is ranked 123. Again, really nice first season for Jer and NMST, but the only miracle involved was getting to play that schedule. Like I said it’s not like he pulled off an upset every time he won. He went heavy with JUCOs and transfers so far so next year will be interesting. It will be curious how their schedule shapes up since they already had a bunch of games scheduled before joining CONF USA..
After watching the Aggies play the Gophers, only cross mid-field once and run a grand total of 3 plays not in their own territory, winning 7 games (5 against FBS teams) with that bunch, I view is a tremendous achievement.

I would have thought even a mid-tier team from the MAC would have throttled them. Kill coached them up.

Last edited:

One sight? They all basically have NMST last or close to it. There’s a reason ESPN has ten different three win teams ranked ahead of them on there power index. NMST ranked 121 on the power index. They’re still a bad team. They lost to FIU who is ranked last at 131. Three of their wins were against teams ranked in the bottom four. Bowling Green is ranked 122. They lost to Nevada who is ranked 123. Again, really nice first season for Jer and NMST, but the only miracle involved was getting to play that schedule. Like I said it’s not like he pulled off an upset every time he won. He went heavy with JUCOs and transfers so far so next year will be interesting. It will be curious how their schedule shapes up since they already had a bunch of games scheduled before joining CONF USA..
NMSU wins:

Hawaii 3-10 (FCS, Nevada, UNLV)
New Mexico 2-10 (FCS, UTEP)
UMASS 1-11 (FCS)
FCS
FCS

Losses
4-8 FIU
5-7 UTEP
2-10 Nevada
6-6 wisconsin
8-4 Minnesota
6-7 Missouri

8-4 Liberty
To be honest
If they hadn’t beaten liberty the season wouldn’t be impressive at all. But seeing as how they beat liberty I think you have to give full credit to them.

They’re 0-3 against teams I would consider good teams
They’re 5-3 against teams I’d consider bad teams.

They’re 1-0 against liberty (who was good but then lost to NMSU, Toledo, 3-8 va tech, and UConn…so I don’t know what to think about liberty post their coach flirting with auburn)

Then they won their bowl. Congrats to them, nice accomplishment. I would still probably consider them the gophers’ 11th best opponent this year. But they are close with how I consider northwestern and Colorado which means they’ve vastly improved.

When the team you are coaching averages 3 wins a season for a decade and you take the team to a bowl and win in your first season...we maybe should skip the threads and just change the domain name from Gopherhole to TouchdownJerry.com

At the very least he serves his own forum.

JK just became a legend in New Mexico.

"[Jerry] Kill’s Aggies were set to take on Bowling Green in the Quick Lane Bowl, one of those bowl games that certainly exists.

However, the New Mexico State coach wasn’t about to get upstaged by anyone else in the fashion game on Monday. He exited his team’s bus confidently wearing an Aggies serape for the ages....If serape sales in Las Cruces weren’t already high, they’re about to skyrocket after Kill rocked one at the Quick Lane Bowl. Christmas might be over, but everybody’s got a birthday around the corner, right?"

What's the big deal about Jerry's beating Bowling Green? They're pushovers. Everybody beats Bowling Green, right?
Is that you Reusse? And IMO it would've been a different game if the cheap shot hadn't taken out BG's quarterback in the first quarter.

JK just became a legend in New Mexico.

"[Jerry] Kill’s Aggies were set to take on Bowling Green in the Quick Lane Bowl, one of those bowl games that certainly exists.

However, the New Mexico State coach wasn’t about to get upstaged by anyone else in the fashion game on Monday. He exited his team’s bus confidently wearing an Aggies serape for the ages....If serape sales in Las Cruces weren’t already high, they’re about to skyrocket after Kill rocked one at the Quick Lane Bowl. Christmas might be over, but everybody’s got a birthday around the corner, right?"

Jerry looks like he wandered in from the Superstition Mountains

Serape > flood pants in my book. Gotta love it.

At least for the ones being called miracle coaching performances I would think.

Don't remember reading anybody calling Kill's work at NMSU or Fleck's work here "miracle coaching performances.

Though have seen a few people making straw man arguments..

I hope this doesn't annoy anyone!

Jerry Kill and His Magic Formula for NMSU

ps://krod.com/jerry-kill-and-his-magic-formula-for-nmsu-football-program/

The NMSU football program has not been relevant in more than 50 years. Suddenly, Jerry Kill has Aggies fans believing that 2022 is just the appetizer and the main course and dessert are yet to come. Given his coaching resume prior to Las Cruces, there is no reason to doubt that the Aggies will be a major player when they arrive in Conference USA next year.

They seem to average between 10-20,000 a game. If you've ever watched any of those weeknight MAC games, that's about ten times more fans than you'd see in those stadiums.
MACTION used to be great.

Now it's kinda a sad slog / hard to watch.

Top Bottom