Jerry Kill vs Bowling Green in Detroit

I guess the Bowling Green Defensive Coordinator doesn't teach contain.

Not really their fault, considering that they had no conference and had to cobble together a schedule.
Wasn’t faulting them, just saying it’s not a miracle to win 5 or 6 games with the easiest schedule in the country.

Yep, Jerry has made a career on beating teams that lack discipline. I hope he buys something nice for Francesca.

24 - 19 New Mexico State. They end the season at 7-6. Their 2nd winning season in the last 20 years.

You know what else this means? No more whining about how this year P.J. Fleck hasn't beaten a team that had a winning record.

He now has.

Last edited:

Yep, Jerry has made a career on beating teams that lack discipline. I hope he buys something nice for Francesca.
Well, it's always nice when you can knock the other team's starting QB out with a cheap shot, so there is that as well.

Well, it's always nice when you can knock the other team's starting QB out with a cheap shot, so there is that as well.
Agreed. Huge impact on the game that he goes out. Offense looked horrible the rest of the half before they got down big and just let it rip (like they should’ve all game)

Wanted to cheer for NMSU until I saw that ridiculous cheap shot on BGSU's starting quarterback out of bounds early on that took him out of the game. Then I wanted them to lose.

Wanted to cheer for NMSU until I saw that ridiculous cheap shot on BGSU's starting quarterback out of bounds early on that took him out of the game. Then I wanted them to lose.
I didn't have a dog in the fight, but it was a pretty egregious hit.

I didn't have a dog in the fight, but it was a pretty egregious hit.
It was definitely a late hit, but I didn't think it was as bad as some. He'd just gone over the line, and the defenders momentum seemed as if it would have been pretty tough to stop.

And it's not as if both teams were angels out there. That kid from Chaska for BG got tossed for pushing down an official. (He's a big dude - did he have other D1 offers?)

I don't care how 'easy' their schedule was. To win 7 games with that squad is pretty impressive coaching.

I found this fact to be a bit shocking: this is Kill's first post season/bowl game win in his coaching career.

I don't care how 'easy' their schedule was. To win 7 games with that squad is pretty impressive coaching.

I found this fact to be a bit shocking: this is Kill's first post season/bowl game win in his coaching career.

It is his first bowl win. It is not his first postseason win.
Kill won four FCS playoff games at S. Illinois from 2005-2007.

Just like the announcers claiming today that NMSU had only played in one bowl game before today. They'd actually played in four, and now have a 4-0-1 record in bowl games.

It was definitely a late hit, but I didn't think it was as bad as some. He'd just gone over the line, and the defenders momentum seemed as if it would have been pretty tough to stop.

And it's not as if both teams were angels out there. That kid from Chaska for BG got tossed for pushing down an official. (He's a big dude - did he have other D1 offers?)
I defender's plant foot was out of bounds when he hit the BG quarterback. It doesn't get much worse than that.

Agree, both teams were chippy.

It is his first bowl win. It is not his first postseason win.
Kill won four FCS playoff games at S. Illinois from 2005-2007.

Just like the announcers claiming today that NMSU had only played in one bowl game before today. They'd actually played in four, and now have a 4-0-1 record in bowl games.

You're right.

It's the first bowl win for Jerry Kill.

Great Job Jerry!

No kidding.

I knew he was a good coach, but to get this bunch to 7 wins really surprised me, especially considering the rough start. He got them to keep playing hard, all the way.

7-6 great for the Aggies who had a losing season for the last 80 years before Kill! Their fan base has to think Kill is god! Love it.

I didn't see the game but saw the highlight, or should I say, the lowlight of the hit of the quarterback who clearly was out of bounds. That was a horrible hit where the culprit should have been ejected. If not, then you're endorsing it is ok for someone to take out someone who plays an important role on the team.

Wondering what Kills reaction was? Boys will be boys?

I dunno, 38-0 vs the gophers didn’t make me think it would take a miracle. Other than the stunning win against Liberty (who clearly wasn’t the same with the coaching rumors), it’s not that impressive. They lost one game as a substantial favorite and won 2 as a dog (Liberty was a big upset). They were actually favored in 4 of the wins.
They won five games total in the preceeding three seasons.

Jerry beats avg to below avg teams with his avg to below avg teams. If you manage this type of employee - you simply let the employee do the job for 30 years. That’s it.

They won five games total in the preceeding three seasons.
They played 2 games one of those years. But doesn’t change the fact that they had the easiest schedule in the country. I mean he lost to a 2 win team and a 4 win team and still managed 7 wins.

With the bowl money rolling in, do they get to upgrade AggieVision?
Since they aren't in a conference until next year, they get to keep all their money it would seem. New rabbit ears for the AggieVision truck!

Top Bottom