Jerry Kill vs Bowling Green in Detroit

They played 2 games one of those years. But doesn’t change the fact that they had the easiest schedule in the country. I mean he lost to a 2 win team and a 4 win team and still managed 7 wins.

New Mexico State, 2013-2021:

2013: 2-10
2014: 2-10
2015: 3-9
2016: 3-9
2017: 7-6
2018: 3-9
2019: 2-10
2020: 1-1
2021: 2-10

It was a helluva coaching job by Kill.

They played 2 games one of those years. But doesn’t change the fact that they had the easiest schedule in the country. I mean he lost to a 2 win team and a 4 win team and still managed 7 wins.
OK, they had eight wins in the preceeding four years. It was only their third 7-win season since 1968.

OK, they had eight wins in the preceeding four years. It was only their third 7-win season since 1968.
Yeah I know it’s a terrible program, and a fine coaching job by kill, but I just don’t think it’s anything particularly amazing considering the opponents. I mean the Gophers haven’t had many nine win seasons since 1968, no one is going to praise Fleck for his coaching job this year if we beat CUSE.

Yeah I know it’s a terrible program, and a fine coaching job by kill, but I just don’t think it’s anything particularly amazing considering the opponents. I mean the Gophers haven’t had many nine win seasons since 1968, no one is going to praise Fleck for his coaching job this year if we beat CUSE.
Why not?

If the Gophers beat Syracuse and end the season 9-4, winning 9+ games in 3 of the last 4 seasons? There have only been 2 other 9+ wins seasons in Gopher history since they went to the 12 game regular season schedule.

He certainly should be praised for that.

Trolls aside of course and just looking in the thread tells you that yes, there are trolls here.

Last edited:

A winning season at NMSU is a big deal. Period. That school has been a football wasteland for decades. And it sounds like Jer has a pretty decent class coming in for their first season in C-USA next year.

Considering the history of the program, and how they started this year, seven wins is quite an accomplishment.

It was a fun game to watch. If anything I forgot how amped Ol Jer' could get on his own players.

Just like Fleck there will be players that cannot abide by his style...gameday or otherwise...but at least now there's a portal.

That offered both teams cared about winning that made this a good watch. Plus the Aggies QB needs himself to ratchet it down a notch between now and next season, at least in taking hits. Very physical game for sure.

It was a fun game to watch. If anything I forgot how amped Ol Jer' could get on his own players.

Just like Fleck there will be players that cannot abide by his style...gameday or otherwise...but at least now there's a portal.

That offered both teams cared about winning that made this a good watch. Plus the Aggies QB needs himself to ratchet it down a notch between now and next season, at least in taking hits. Very physical game for sure.
Yeah that QB was doing whatever it took to win. Fun to watch. Have to think Jer gets a raise. Guessing he's liking the warm weather as well. He has another good season in 2023 and there will be some P5 programs will be looking at him. His best bet would be to stay put and make that his last stop.

Last edited:

A winning season at NMSU is a big deal. Period. That school has been a football wasteland for decades. And it sounds like Jer has a pretty decent class coming in for their first season in C-USA next year.
Agree. Last coach made it 9 years on a 25-74 record.
It's easily the worst program that's been around for that length of time.

May have to stop making fun of AggieVision if winning becomes a trend over the next few years...

He’s got a4* QB transfer coming in.

Fleck will get praise. He took over a program that had two 8-win seasons and a 9-win season in the preceding four years. Vastly different than what Kill walked into at NMSU.

Wasn’t faulting them, just saying it’s not a miracle to win 5 or 6 games with the easiest schedule in the country.
Well, you are using one websites guess.
#88 with that last place #131 sos | Gophers at #25 with sos schedule at 55
There are others with them all over. Factor in they were not in conference and they had games canceled by opponents and had to find somebody to play in a very hurried fashion.
Bowling Green #81 sos and 89 in rankings
Liberty # 87 sos but 55 in rankings
and NMSU beat those two so not all 7 wins are total crap by anybodies ratings
They were the worst team in football by almost any metric when the season began.
Pretty remarkable improvement.

Well, you are using one websites guess.
#88 with that last place #131 sos | Gophers at #25 with sos schedule at 55
There are others with them all over. Factor in they were not in conference and they had games canceled by opponents and had to find somebody to play in a very hurried fashion.
Bowling Green #81 sos and 89 in rankings
Liberty # 87 sos but 55 in rankings
and NMSU beat those two so not all 7 wins are total crap by anybodies ratings
They were the worst team in football by almost any metric when the season began.
Pretty remarkable improvement.
One sight? They all basically have NMST last or close to it. There’s a reason ESPN has ten different three win teams ranked ahead of them on there power index. NMST ranked 121 on the power index. They’re still a bad team. They lost to FIU who is ranked last at 131. Three of their wins were against teams ranked in the bottom four. Bowling Green is ranked 122. They lost to Nevada who is ranked 123. Again, really nice first season for Jer and NMST, but the only miracle involved was getting to play that schedule. Like I said it’s not like he pulled off an upset every time he won. He went heavy with JUCOs and transfers so far so next year will be interesting. It will be curious how their schedule shapes up since they already had a bunch of games scheduled before joining CONF USA..

Why couldn't he recruit a QB here?
What makes you think he's actually a capable QB? A&M maybe wanted to move him to a new position, but he didn't want to. We know Jer will play someone who's not highly skilled at QB if they have heart and grit! Perhaps the kid saw this as his best chance to play QB.

7 wins in the last 9 games to close out the year, that's a good way to roll into 2023

Man, some are gonna hate on Kill no matter what. How dare he not like PJ!!!!!

Man, some are gonna hate on Kill no matter what. How dare he not like PJ!!!!!
Not sure who is hating. I don’t think they need to name the stadium after him for beating SOME of the awful teams on his schedule.

Top Bottom