Jerry Kill vs Bowling Green in Detroit

Me too and, for some odd reason, I always pull for NMSU except against us
How can you not? Casa De Autos...
images

Jerry can scheme against sloppily coached teams. That is his skill set.

Jerry can scheme against sloppily coached teams. That is his skill set.
I don't remember him getting outschemed against the better teams. 2014 Ohio State and 2015 TCU stand out in the opposition direction for me.

So you're saying that the only hope for the 2022 Gopher Football team to have beaten a team with a winning record is for Wisconsin to beat OSU?

Great.:cautious:

It has been a very disappointing, Jerry Kill esque type season

It has been a very disappointing, Jerry Kill esque type season

Then NMSU needs to beat Bowling Green. Kill's teams here, even that abysmal first season, beat at least two teams that ended up with winning records every year.

How this year's Gophers won 8 games without beating anyone with a winning record is quite a surprise.

Anybody else still have a "Jerrysota" shirt still lying around? I know I do 😭

After watching them in August, did you really think they'd win 6 games, regardless of opponent?
I dunno, 38-0 vs the gophers didn’t make me think it would take a miracle. Other than the stunning win against Liberty (who clearly wasn’t the same with the coaching rumors), it’s not that impressive. They lost one game as a substantial favorite and won 2 as a dog (Liberty was a big upset). They were actually favored in 4 of the wins.

Kill and New Mexico State are joining Conference USA. He's bringing in the largest class with 24 HS and 5 transfers, including a 4* transfer QB from Texas A&M.

His HS class has 3, 3*'s and 21 unrated players. Class rated 12 out of 15 in CUSA.

I always find if fun to follow his building of programs. Schedule yet to be released.

Liberty lost 37-36 to a 19th ranked Wake Forest team, and beat Southern Miss 29-27, BYU 41-14 and Arkansas 21-19.

They played some really lousy teams, which may skew their SoS, and they also played a number of P5 teams.
SOS metrics are strange.

Is it harder to play 8 dogs and 4 great teams or harder to play 4 dogs and 8 good but not great teams.

One schedule is easier to win 11-12 games against. But the other schedule clearly easier to win 8 games against.

It always makes me chuckle about the big ten east vs west debates particularly in regards to Penn State’s whininess about divisions.

Clearly easier to win 11 games playing a “west” schedule.
Clearly easier winning 7 games playing this schedule:
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana
Michigan state
Non conference
Non conference
Non conference

I'm pulling for Jerry and New Mexico State in the Quick Lane bowl.

Really chippy game.

And a safety makes it 24 - 12 New Mexico State with 7:10 left in the game.

It's new Mexico State 1st Bowl game appearance since 2017. 2nd Bowl Game appearance since 1961. Though they are on a 3 game Bowl winning streak.;)

At the 6:27 mark in the 4th, Bowling Green gets a TD to make the score 24-19.

Top Bottom