Jeff Wills needs to take a seat

And you need to quit talking like you know what you're talking about because you clearly do not.

I will if you will, because you're the idiot who said that our running game was doing well.... 2.3 yards per carry

I understand there's more to it than meets the eye - and I don't think he is as bad as the OP thinks. But please don't use the "why don't you try it" and "he works hard" argument. It's like if someone defended an Obama critic by saying - "why don't you see how you would do?" It's an easy cop-out.

Any chance at all we can kill this thread? There's really nothing left of this dead horse. It turned into a bloody mist sometime early this afternoon.

No, really go ahead and quote me. I'd hate for you to miss your chance to be right for a change.

MrBondz said it best. Nice game Jeff & OL as a whole. He shut down their top DLineman. Definite improvement.

More importantly...is it possible to ignore posters that flame? I might regularily read this board again if possible.

Here ya go Schnoods. Apparently noting that not all of our running plays sucked equates to running the ball well. Mostly I see you talking about pass protection.
Bottom of Page 1:
Seriously you need to watch the game instead of flaming because of a couple of penalties. We had great pass protection, and a couple of the nice runs we did have were to Wills side with him leading the way. I don't even know what you could possibly be referring to. He was actually great.
Top of Page 2:
You did miss plenty obviously. You obviously can not critique a game if your only reference points are stats. let's just say I think you're completely wrong and give others a chance to state their opinions.
Let's just say I think you are completely wrong. Not every play was 2.3 yards. There was a negative 8 yards by Whaley. Not on Wills side btw, and there was a very nice run by Gray that was called back. That was on Wills side btw. The pass protection was awesome. Not good, great. Weber was sacked twice, both times he held the ball way too long. You're just way off. way way off.

Any chance at all we can kill this thread? There's really nothing left of this dead horse. It turned into a bloody mist sometime early this afternoon.

So no, then?

I'll have to invest in a poncho if this pissing contest is going to go on much longer.

You're just completely wrong I can't you out of that. Just go ahead in drown in it all you want. Wills played really well. Which makes your OP completly full of crap. Sorry man.
Schnoods,
I'm impressed with your willingness to use logic and rational thought with TTUSA. I've just put him on "ignore" and life is much more pleasant.

An alternate strategy is to use the Chinese definition of "interesting" (best understood by the wish "May you live in interesting times."). Simply reply with "TTUSA - you have an interesting take on things." and then move on to something -- anything -- more worthwhile. ... ;

Sorry man, when these trolls want to bury themselves I can't help but provide the shovel. It's a character flaw.

The problem with the ignore feature (and I do have two guys on it) is that these clowns like to dominate a thread and I want to read what everyone else says, but without context its not so good. They are the worst, but bring out the best in the rest.

The problem with the ignore feature (and I do have two guys on it) is that these clowns like to dominate a thread and I want to read what everyone else says, but without context its not so good. They are the worst, but bring out the best in the rest.

You said you buried me, but you chose to not address the guy who actually quoted you and all the stupid stuff that you said and called you out before I could. Very nice selective reading there.

You have no idea how happy I am that Rick Mons put me on ignore, now I don't need to watch everything I say and have to be all PC in case I slip up and use a certain word out of context, because I really don't feel the need to be accosted for accidentally calling someone retarded.

One thing we agree on is the ignore feature, it is quite stupid. You can't understand any thread's context if you ignore people.

Tubbytown... All I'm asking is for you to look back on the penalties like numerous people have and try to see what we're saying. One false start was definitely he fault. One was DJ Burris' fault - The whole line moved in unison. The other was the ref's fault - nobody moved. Until you do that, you can't comment on the penalties.

Also, please tell me where Wills got beat because I still don't see it. Watch the game in the trenches like I do and then tell me that I'm wrong. If, after, actually looking at Wills play to play you still think he did such an awful job that he needs to be seated, then so be it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion...

Jeff Willis is a child molester???

im-chris-hansen-for-dateline-nbc-why-28506-1254879749-1.jpg

You said you buried me, but you chose to not address the guy who actually quoted you and all the stupid stuff that you said and called you out before I could. Very nice selective reading there.

I sure hope you aren't referring to me here. Because everything I quoted supported Schnoodler's point (which is why I quoted it in the first place).

Not at the game, did not get to see the game

But Schnoodler and others have proven themselves to be accurate communicators of the action, cause and fault for a longtime. Perhaps there is need for a Tubytowntimeout.

You're just completely wrong I can't you out of that. Just go ahead in drown in it all you want. Wills played really well. Which makes your OP completly full of crap. Sorry man.

"But the arguments of "he gives it his all," and "let's see you would do" are dumb. I'm fairly certain there are many other players working just as hard on the team."

Agreed on all three counts. Now, who would you substitute in his place?

But Schnoodler and others have proven themselves to be accurate communicators of the action, cause and fault for a longtime. Perhaps there is need for a Tubytowntimeout.

Didn't watch the game but commenting on it? Classic!

McGopherFan....so you don't have to rely on subjective opinions, I offer you this. 150+ penalty yards total. Back to back false starts on Wills, plus I believe a horse collar? Also, 2.3 yards per carry. Sorry if offering an objective base for my argument isn't allowed here. I've realized in the past week that it isn't, and you must drink the kool aid at all time or else you're a troll. Have a nice day.

Didn't watch the game but commenting on it? Classic!

McGopherFan....so you don't have to rely on subjective opinions, I offer you this. 150+ penalty yards total. Back to back false starts on Wills, plus I believe a horse collar? Also, 2.3 yards per carry. Sorry if offering an objective base for my argument isn't allowed here. I've realized in the past week that it isn't, and you must drink the kool aid at all time or else you're a troll. Have a nice day.

Why do you keep ignoring the people who actually went back and watched the game film and are telling you that 2 out of the 3 false starts were not his fault? You keep mentioning 2.3 yards per carry when we had a 400+ yard passing game due to GREAT coverage from Wills and the other o-linemen.

The 2.3 yard argument is not only Wills. There are other o-linemen and running backs who are equally involved in that.

Again, I say watch the film again and tell me when he got beat... and tell me if i'm wrong about the penalties...

It's obvious that the coaches, who watch hours and hours of film every week and are at every practice, do not know more than we do.

If the coaches thought Jeff Wills shouldn't play and we have a better substitute, don't you think he would be in there? I thought he played one of his best games this year.

It's obvious that the coaches, who watch hours and hours of film every week and are at every practice, do not know more than we do.

If the coaches thought Jeff Wills shouldn't play and we have a better substitute, don't you think he would be in there? I thought he played one of his best games this year.
I don't agree Wills should be benched but this is silly reasoning. Coaches who watch hours and hours of film and are at every practice are subject to the same human frailties as any of us and frequently do make the wrong call. If they didn't there wouldn't be so much turnover in the coaching ranks.

Why do you keep ignoring the people who actually went back and watched the game film and are telling you that 2 out of the 3 false starts were not his fault? You keep mentioning 2.3 yards per carry when we had a 400+ yard passing game due to GREAT coverage from Wills and the other o-linemen.

The 2.3 yard argument is not only Wills. There are other o-linemen and running backs who are equally involved in that.

Again, I say watch the film again and tell me when he got beat... and tell me if i'm wrong about the penalties...

Word to the wise Rudy...Tubby will ignore factual posts that clearly contradict his "reasoning" and move on to the next thing. Often this has to do with him misconstruing your arguments and then ignoring you when you quote the actual posts and show that he's coming out of left field. All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up that a well reasoned argument is going to result in anything.

Ummmm we rushed for like 2 yards per carry........great holes our O-Line made.

His work outweighed his penalties? How about single handedly taking us out of FG range that one drive? Or getting dominated on multiple occasions? It was embarrassing. The only weak link in pass pro today.

Please die and go back to Wisconsin to be burried! Why not call out Kuznia for taking away a huge run by Gray? His penalty hurt more than Wills 1 5 yard penalty, the 2nd should have been the C b/c the entire line moved by the cneter.

Pancake?

How many penalties can you take in one game? How many times can you pancake the ground and get burned? Great win, GO GOPHERS!!!

You had better be careful or he will pancake you.

That's total opinion that the false starts are not his fault.

That's total opinion that the false starts are not his fault.

Because they're opinions there's no possibility that, upon looking at them again, you might agree with me and the rest of the people who have seen it again?

Top Bottom