Jamison Battle to enter the Transfer Portal

Someone alert The Administration™!

Look, I'm about to say what everyone knows.

The reason we can have success in sports other than football and men's basketball is because no one really cares about those sports. They are essentially meaningless and a "booby prize" for losers. If we want to prove we can compete, we need to win in the only two sports that anyone cares about. Period.

Now I am sad about not
having Tim, who is 100x the coach.
Nah it's far too early too tell. Miles has a 39% in conference record. He never was over .500 in any conference he was in over 20 years in D1 basketball. Ben's story is far from written despite the really bad start under some really tough conditions. Ben should have started out where Miles did at a place like North Dakota State- but he is where he is.

Nah it's far too early too tell. Miles has a 39% in conference record. He never was over .500 in any conference he was in over 20 years in D1 basketball. Ben's story is far from written despite the really bad start under some really tough conditions. Ben should have started out where Miles did at a place like North Dakota State- but he is where he is.
He went 10-8 in conference at an absolute dumpster fire of a program last year, we are quickly becoming one.

Unless I'm missing something, Tim Miles hasn't been that bad, Can't really count NDSU, 3 years in D-2, 3 years as D-1 independent (although 52-32 overall those 3 years...plenty of cupcakes I imagine). 2 years, out of 5, above .500 at Colorado St.. 2 years, out of 7, above ,500 at Nebraska. 1 out of 2 years at San Jose. 5 of 14 years in D-1 above .500, 7 of 14 years in postseason He's no John Wooden. But he's had more success than you sighted.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Miles https://sjsuspartans.com/staff-directory/tim-miles/411

Unless I'm missing something, Tim Miles hasn't been that bad, Can't really count NDSU, 3 years in D-2, 3 years as D-1 independent (although 52-32 overall those 3 years...plenty of cupcakes I imagine). 2 years, out of 5, above .500 at Colorado St.. 2 years, out of 7, above ,500 at Nebraska. 1 out of 2 years at San Jose. 5 of 14 years in D-1 above .500, 7 of 14 years in postseason He's no John Wooden. But he's had more success than you sighted.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Miles https://sjsuspartans.com/staff-directory/tim-miles/411
He's mediocre at best. My response was to a poster who said Miles was 100x Ben. That's ridiculous- especially this early in a brutal position Ben was put in. First time being a head coach in the Big Ten for a traditionally bottom half team. I was against the hire from the beginning. He had no chance to get off to a good start with zero resume. Ben can still have a real good future as a head coach.

He's mediocre at best. My response was to a poster who said Miles was 100x Ben. That's ridiculous- especially this early in a brutal position Ben was put in. First time being a head coach in the Big Ten for a traditionally bottom half team. I was against the hire from the beginning. He had no chance to get off to a good start with zero resume. Ben can still have a real good future as a head coach.
Not that early and not that brutal, just a brutal 2 years. 100% behind my 100x.

Not that early and not that brutal, just a brutal 2 years. 100% behind my 100x.
Miles is a very good and underrated coach. Anyone who thinks Fred Hoiberg is good at what he does--and whoever doesn't should look at his work in Ames--has to logically conclude that Miles is just as good or better by association.

In his short time at NDSU, they beat Wisconsin in Madison and Marquette in Milwaukee, things Minnesota fans can only dream of.

This. I hope to God we find a transfer the caliber of Jamison Battle, but I don't like our chances.

I agree. It should be a little bit disconcerting when you look at the portal rankings and see Battle's name in the top 15 and consider teams far superior to us have interest in him. The idea we will pluck one/two/three/four guys better than him off the portal to the current dumpster fire is slim at best.

I agree. It should be a little bit disconcerting when you look at the portal rankings and see Battle's name in the top 15 and consider teams far superior to us have interest in him. The idea we will pluck one/two/three/four guys better than him off the portal to the current dumpster fire is slim at best.

He may be a good player for some other team but not this one at present. This kind of situation is not so unusual. Allen Iverson was one of the great players of his era (and one of the very biggest fan favorites) but the 76ers were a better team after trading him than they were in the year or two before. He led them to great moments during his career there but, by the time they traded him, those moments had passed.

They don’t have to be better, just quicker and a better fit

Blaming the Carlson School for the basketball team losing Battle is right up there with blaming The Administration™ for Gophers sports sucking throughout history (except for volleyball, hockey, softball, gymnastics, wrestling, baseball most years, and that one golf national championship, of course).
He concurs-

1680009492477.jpeg

He may be a good player for some other team but not this one at present. This kind of situation is not so unusual. Allen Iverson was one of the great players of his era (and one of the very biggest fan favorites) but the 76ers were a better team after trading him than they were in the year or two before. He led them to great moments during his career there but, by the time they traded him, those moments had passed.

What are you talking about? The 76ers won 56 games and lost in the NBA finals with AI. They haven’t made the finals or won that many games in the regular season since.

You wouldn't make that trade right now?

Track and Field has a well known record for attracting woke and sexually confused participants so I think they'll be fine.
I think you should stop down at the track and tell that to a woman’s shot putter to her face.

Not sure why Battle is leaving. It’s not playing time or lack of scoring opportunities for sure. Something under the radar? Well at least his leaving will satisfy many of the experts on this site! (Till next year)

Anyone who wants battle out is insane. When he actually had satisfactory guard play he was great... yes his natural position is the 4 and yes we have Garcia.. but there's plenty of minutes for Battle here... There's much to speculate into why he would leave... But unless he opens up like Austin Booker sorta did we will never know.

Top Bottom