It's Time: 7th Annual GopherHole Survey

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 17 years
Minnesota Native: Yep
Hometown:Hallock
Current Residence: Grand Forks ND
Post Secondary Degree(s): Attending UND currently (but still hate the sioux)
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: not this past year. but watch every one online/on TV
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: no

What do you like about GopherHole? I like the fan insights into the programs and the interesting threads. I also like reading some of the "veterans" opinions on certain subjects.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? The irrelevant and/or highjacked threads.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Poster rep implemented. Flag comments you find hostile/abusive etc or give people points for discussions/points that you find valid.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? No idea.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? yep
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? I hadn't really experienced the old GopherHole so this is all I've known.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Tough one for me.. I'll have to go with either the Iowa game from this year or the loss to Wisc in 2005.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Gopher football and good defense hasn't really been together in the same sentence in my lifetime so I'm kind of at a loss on this one.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? The Rouser
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Smells like teen spirit- Nirvana

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 55
Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: Grand Rapids
Current Residence: Cape San Blas, Florida
Post Secondary Degree(s): B.S.
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Attend every FB game, watch BB on TV
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes, FB
What do you like about GopherHole? Threads with interesting info that are supportive of the Gophers. Bleeds links!
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Jerks that belittle posters who may not be as informed as they are.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Not sure of any...the problems I have with the hole could only be solved by limiting free speech and that's not an option on an opinion board! How about a "hi-jacked" symbol that could be checked?
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I do donate.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? I haven't thought about it, seemed minor to me.
What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? The NW loss in Brewster's 2nd year.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Defense and Minn? Well, if I had to choose, the Illinois game this year was pretty impressive
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Either Hail Minnesota or the ditty they do when they are standing after they march in for the pregame pep fest on the street....not sure it has a name.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Sweet Caroline!

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 33 years
Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: Racine, WI
Current Residence: Plymouth, MN (MN resident since 1979)
Post Secondary Degree(s): Yes
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yes
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes, Football

What do you like about GopherHole? A forum to discuss Gopher Athletics
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Some of the negativity at times, but I understand it goes with the turf
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Can't think of any
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Funds availability
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Sometimes Facebook, but seldom
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? I like the new look

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? This past year probably the Iowa game
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? You're really testing my memory...and I've usually been tailgaiting prior (ha!)
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Anything that gets and keeps the student section excited and involved in the game.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? I don't care, but see above.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball):42
Minnesota Native:yes
Hometown:Hancock
Current Residence:Morris
Post Secondary Degree(s):Master Degree from the U
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year:eek:h ya
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball:FB

What do you like about GopherHole?all the insight
What do you dislike about GopherHole?holier than thou attitudes of some
What improvements or changes would you like implemented?Delete all the threads each year and start fresh
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future?I will
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter?Twitter
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades?I like them

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Wisky in the Dome...lost late on botched punt.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? A long way to top if you want to rock and roll...AC/DC

"bowlgame" e-mailed us his survey:

Minnesota native who grew up in South St. Paul
Currently live in western suburbs
Have a college degree
I am a life long Gopher fan who has FB season tickets and see at least a couple of BKB games per year.
I like all the threads, especially those ripping the Badgers or with recruiting insights.
The only threads I dislike deal with attacking 18-19 year old kids for either leaving the U of M or not attend their in the first place.
Keep up the good work!

# of years a Gopher fan: 45 years
Minnesota native: Yes
Hometown: St. Paul
Current residence: Florida
Degree: B.A. from CLA
Attend 1 game per year: Yes, every year since 1967

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 28
Hometown: Andover
Current Residence: Milwaukee, WI
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS Architecture, The U. M.Arch UW-Milwaukee.
Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Former (football) looking to get seats again

What do you like about GopherHole? Love the insight by the "site elders". Q&A sessions
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Hijacking of threads
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Interviews with an opposing team broadcaster or sportswriter to get their take on the Gophers upcoming opponent. Post-game analysis by a knowledgeable poster or staff member (what went right or wrong).
If you donated to GopherHole this year, what compelled you to do so? Wanted to, love the site, no money for it.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? More money in my bank account
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? facebook If so, would you like to see us post more on twitter? Yes, the larger the audience, the better
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Love it! Love the new links and sections. I would like to see more Where Are They Now features, however.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Sconnie - MN at the Dome 2005. Just get the last 1st down!!!
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Football: Last years game against Illinois
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Swinging Gates
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Hells Bells AC/DC

survey

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 68 mainly FB but follow all sports.
Minnesota Native: yes
Hometown: Clinton
Current Residence: WI
Post Secondary Degree(s): Associate degree Business school
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: two FB this year, both winners
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No - FB season tickets first year of Brewster & that soured me for a while.
What do you like about GopherHole? Interviews with coaches, ADs, etc. Nadine & Chris do a terrific job.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Senseless carping back & forth by some posters.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Don't know of any
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future?
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes FB
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Fine

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Iowa this year
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Iowa game
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Rouser
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Don't know

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 40
Minnesota Native: no
Hometown: Bismarck, ND
Current Residence: Bagram AB, Afghanistan
Post Secondary Degree(s): B.S. Accounting
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Went to a football game this season.

What do you like about GopherHole? Catch the Gopher news, and hear opinions (good and bad) from the members.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? The meltdowns after a loss.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Would like to see a few of the trolls evicted.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? N/A
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Like the updates, good looking site.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Gophers losing to Ohio St. 20-17, probably 10-12 years ago.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 1997-1998 Gopher basketball.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Minnesota March
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? " Heavy Fuel" by Dire Straits.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02-06-2012, 10:55 PM

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 42
Minnesota Native: no
Hometown: Anchorage, AK
Current Residence: Nampa, ID
Post Secondary Degree(s): BGeoE, MSCE, PhD
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: no

What do you like about GopherHole? analysis
What do you dislike about GopherHole?whiners, trolls
What improvements or changes would you like implemented?
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I donated
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? yes
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? excellent, very classy

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Jungleball game with Luke Witte led tOSU
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? '73 BB
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection?rouser
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? In A Gada Da Vida (long version)

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 20+ years
Hometown: Brandon
Current Residence: Burlington, IA
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS: Sports Management/Marketing from MN-Crookston
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: yes

What do you like about GopherHole? Being in enemy territory, I love that it connects me to what's going on with Gopher sports. I enjoy discussing and debating things with people who share the same passion I do.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Like everyone else, trolls. I also hate it when people get labeled as "a hater" or "apologist" when you criticize or defend a coach. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean they aren't frustrated or happy with how things are going.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Maybe interview opposing radio guys or beat writer before big games
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I have in the past and plan on continuing in the future
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? facebook
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? a-ok with me

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Football game against Purdue in 2005 I believe. We won in double OT.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Nothing really stands out
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? the rouser of course
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Thunderstruck

BilldGopher Survey

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 15 years
Hometown: Marietta, GA
Current Residence: Robbinsdale, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS-UGA; BS-UMN; MS-UMN (incomplete)
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yes (FB)
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes (FB)

What do you like about GopherHole? Excellent site for following Gopher FB from recruiting, spring/summer practices, gameday, and graduation.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? It seems over time that great posters leave to better uses of their time. Same as life in general I guess.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? What about some kind of "Coachs' Corner" where GHer's could ask questions during more visible parts of the season...Recruiting, Spring Practice, Fall Practice, Season, Post-Season.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Need to do it.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? No.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Content about the same...so I'm okay.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Must be tired...nothing coming up.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? See above.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Minnesota March.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? N/A.

Go Gophers! In Kill I Trust!

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 35+ Years
Hometown: Kasson, MN
Current Residence: Kasson, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS - Secondary Education (Winona State); MS - Sport Administration (UW-LaCrosse)
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes - 7 years for football

What do you like about GopherHole? DL's Sports Huddle Summary, Monter Interviews, Historical Perspectives, Information, and Gopher fans
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Seeing certain thread subjects posted ad naseum

What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Having categorical subject threads to make navigation easier and geared to the variety of interests posters have. (eg. Recruiting, History, Articles, Interviews, Regular Season, Tailgating, General. Special icons to recognize valuable insight or well-state responses. (eg. a Block M+1 icon, or a Goldy icon holding a +1). Host an Awards Tailgate called the "Goldy's" for different categories (Post of the Year, Troll of the Year, Thread Hijacker of the Year, Story of the Year, Debate of the Year, Crow-Eater of the Year are some ideas). Show up in your t-shirt (see donation response) with moniker, get a goldy trophy, and have fun with it. Troll of the Year would get a little wood-carved troll from Mt. Horeb, WI (Troll Capital of the World). Lastly, I like reading upcoming opponent coach's pressers to get a different perspective so GopherinIowa's suggestion to get interviews with opposing radio guys I'd really appreciate.

If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? 1st year on it - will consider donating in future; May want to incorporate a GopherHole.com t-shirt (logo on front) with Moniker printed on back with x $ donated. I'd love to see 100's of Gopherhole t-shirts at games with Monikers on back. Nice to put face to name, meet people, promote the board, etc.

Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Rarely
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Great

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 2 games - 1999 vs Hawkeyes in Iowa City and 2003 vs Wisky @ Dome
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 1999 Defense (in person); as a kid (on TV) I enjoyed watching the LB corps of Holmes, Leverenz, and Joyner (circa '86?)
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? As overplayed and chanted by fans as it is, there is something that I like about "7 Nation Army" by the White Stripes; I also like some of the battle songs from Gladiator soundtrack (not rock though)

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball):25
Current Residence: West St. Paul
Post Secondary Degree(s): B.A. Geology from Lawrence University (Appleton, WI)
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: FB and Hockey

What do you like about GopherHole? Up to date info, gossip, news, and discussions
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Trolls, off-topic rants, negative gopher
"fans"
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? slightly more moderation, removal of duplicate threads, etc
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? me making more money
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? facebook
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? no real opnion

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Iowa @ Mn December 2010
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Basketball in the non existan 1996-97 season
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? anything that gets the students into the game

brucekaupa

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 42
Hometown: Maplewood (0-3), Cloquet (3-18)
Current Residence: Woodbury, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS Computer Science (U), MBA (U), MSwEng (Seattle)
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Own basketball tix since '87. With dad since '70. Football tix xferred to me last year.

What do you like about GopherHole? Maniacal focus on the Gopher
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Slow loading pages and those that think '97 didn't happen

What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Faster loading pages.

What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Slow

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Not sure if it was suspensful, but the most electric was '90 hosting #1 Illinois.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? '97
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Rouser. Least is a tie between "Hey Baby" and "Time Warp"
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Matt Wilson's "Descender": http://soundcloud.com/b-kern/the-twilight-hours-descender

Age: 67,Gender: Male, Number of years as a gopher fan: as long as I can remember, Minnesota Native: Yes, Hometown: Elbow Lake, MN,Current Residence: Laporte, MN, Post Secondary Degree: Masters, Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: No but would like to, Season Ticket holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Not as of now but may change, What do you like about GopherHole?: A good source of information about Gopher sports, What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Name calling and trolls, What improvements or changes would you like implemented: n/a, If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future: nothing, Do you follow the social media?: No, What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole upgrades?: Much more appealing and user friendly, What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person?: Oregon vs U of M 1961-14 to 7 score U of M, What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense you witnessed in person?: Football 1961, What is your favorite marching band musical selection?: n/a, If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you chose?: None.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 25 years
Hometown: Breckenridge, MN
Current Residence: Minnetonka, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA & MBA
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes

What do you like about GopherHole? Get the inside scoop that the fish wraps usually don't provide
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Negativity
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? N/A
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? If I increased my participation on the site
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Facebook
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? The new look is more modern and clean

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Football, Purdue OT game (2005?), and 2009 Hoops at Williams Arena against Wisconsin - Gophers came from behind, barn was rocking, and it was my wife's first Gopher game at Williams
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? My recent memory keeps going back to watching Damian Johnson play defense on the hardwood - so versatile. I can't think of a great Gopher football defense
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Seven Nation Army - I know it's overdone but I attended the Penn St./Ohio St. game in Columbus this past year and that guitar riff gets in your head - I was humming it for days.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 24
Hometown: Coorg, India
Current Residence: Coorg, India
Post Secondary Degree(s): UM TC Bachelors, Rutgers Masters
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: No
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No

What do you like about GopherHole? My source of Gophers sports news
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Out of season/ non-game week Trolls
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I donate
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? No
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Keeping up with the times

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person?
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person?
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? One band, AC/DC. Black ice only if winter is early; otherwise their classics

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 17
Hometown: Oak Grove, MN
Current Residence: Philadelphia, but moving back to Minneapolis soon.
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA from University of Minnesota
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Since I became a student, yes

What do you like about GopherHole? The fan dedication to the University and the conversations that come from that. Also with a community this large, there is a higher chance someone will stumble across an interesting article about a potential recruit or some other aspect of the Gopher program.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? The fact that people are allowed to personally insult other posters with literally no repercussions from the Gopherhole Staff. There is obviously a line of what would be punishable and what wouldn't, as I believe that disagreement brings out the best ideas. But when it switches from a disagreement to someone just insulting the other, that is where I think the punishment should come in.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Perhaps implement some sort of +/- rating system for everyone, and when they get to a certain point negative, they are moved to read only.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future?
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? yes
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? It seems to slow me down, but my computer is also pretty ancient so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Minnesota's come back win vs Wisconsin at the Barn a few years ago. Westbrook was amazing. The atmosphere when we eventually tied it and then won at the end of regulation was crazy. Also the opening game at TCF vs Air Force was pretty great too.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Tubby's bball team wins that for me.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Don't have one
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Metallica - No Leaf Clover

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 38
Hometown: Richfield
Current Residence: Burnsville
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA, Augusburg
Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Two season tickets for both sports. Section 105 football; section 115 basketball

What do you like about GopherHole? Information and discussion about my favorite teams (mostly) from other fans. Love the recruiting information and press conference notes.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? One-hit wonders who only complain and add nothing more. Also, trolls from other fan bases (although I love visitors who want to visit respectfully).
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Maybe it's time to add short video interviews on occasion. I know the staff mostly does this as a labor of love, but if they're at a function already (spring game, signing day social, etc.) maybe it could be done efficiently.
If you donated to GopherHole this year, what compelled you to do so? N/A
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I have thought about it, and I should; I just need to be motivated myself to take the step.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Mostly Twitter
If so, would you like to see us post more on twitter? Yes, when you have information to share.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Much better look
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Clem's defenses were fabulous, and is the primary reason the Barn was awesome 15 years ago and ... isn't now. I'll get back to you when I see a good defensive football team. Maybe it was 1977?
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? The little pep thing they do (mostly) at basketball games. I could hum a few bars but don't know what to call it.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? No marching band should play a rock song.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 30
Hometown: Coon Rapids
Current Residence: Minneapolis
Post Secondary Degree(s): Yes, NDSU
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: FB, BB, Hockey

What do you like about GopherHole? It's where I get pretty much all my Gopher info. (FBT would be the other).
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Not really anything. It's nice that we all don't drink the same Koolaid.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? None
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? If the site would have to shut down.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Great job

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Gophers vs. Purdue (2005?)
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? TBD
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Minnesota March
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden or My Way by Limp Bizkit

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 43
Hometown: Rochester, MN
Current Residence: Johnston, IA
Post Secondary Degree(s): Yes, two from the -U- now
\ttend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yes
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: no - little too far, lot too busy
What do you like about GopherHole? It's where I get pretty much all my Gopher info.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Negativity. Name calling. Personal axes to be ground. Thread hijacking. Personal attacks on our players. I just seem to lurk these days, don' really want to post much anymore.....some days, the threads are unreadable
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? None in particular, just people use common sense when posting, not try to *win* every thread....
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? If the site would have to shut down.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Great job

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Gophers vs. OSU in b-ball to clinch the B10 title (1982)
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 1977 agaisnt Michigan in FB Linebackers Steve Midboe, Steve Stewart just dominated....
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Hey Baby

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): Basketball I've been a fan longer, probably a year or so before the Final Four team (Bobby Jackson was my influence), Football fan since 1997/8ish.
Minnesota Native?: Yes.
Hometown: Born in Minneapolis, MN, raised in the Iron Range for a short while before calling Superior, WI my home for many, many years.
Current Residence: Friendly Fridley, MN.
Post Secondary Degree(s)?: N/A
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: 5 -6 Football games a year, and we try to make one basketball/hockey game a year.
Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Season ticket 'sharer' for Gopher Gridiron. My uncle has the tickets in his name, I split them with him.
IF yes (optional), what section are your seats and how many season tickets do you hold? 109, row 1

What do you like about GopherHole? Great Gopher coverage, love how it has grown even in the short time I've been around. I'm a forum whore, so love discussing my passion.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Some posters inability to welcome newbies.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Only thing I can think of is a better (read: more accessible) forum Moderator team.
If you donated to GopherHole this year, what compelled you to do so? Yes. I try to keep my horizons wide and paid for a few years at a paid fan site for the Cornhuskers, but didn't want to give more money to another B1G team's board than I do to GH.com. Also thought the latest update was above and beyond and the money donated was well worth it.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? N/A
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes, Twitter (not sure on Facebook, will have to doublecheck.
If so, would you like to see us post more on twitter? Sure, more is better.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Absolutely awesome. Can't say anything better than that.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Miami of OH game of this past year, or the Iowa game this past year. Or maybe the Halloween game a few years ago against Michigan State. There are a LOT in recent years!
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Boy, not sure I can even answer that..
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? The Rouser, hands down!
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Them all?

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 30ish
Hometown: Beaver Creek
Current Residence: Hutchinson, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS from South Dakota State, MS from U of M, PhD from U of Nebraska
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yes for football, no for basketball
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes Football

What do you like about GopherHole? Sports Huddle recaps, recruiting info
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Those that think they are the only expert on the board
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? None come to mind
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? NA
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes Facebook
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? It is cleaner and more professional, but is slower and requires refresh too often

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? vs Wisconsin 2005 football, vs Illinois basketball 2001-02
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Basketball-definitely the final four team. Football-some good stretches here and there, but no sustained run of defense throughout a season that is worth mentioning
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Don't Stop Believing

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 30
Hometown: Rochester
Current Residence: Eden Prairie
Post Secondary Degree(s): BSB
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: You bet'cha
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Full football, split hoops

What do you like about GopherHole? Opinions on mostly relevant topics. Good reading to fire up during game week. Great new layout.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Bucking Fadger posters and 40 times debates.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Dunno.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Just giving it some time - rather new.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Ooops...great new layout.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? IA 2010
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Simone Lawrence, Lee Campbell, Nate Triplett
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Superman - Heyyy we scored
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 40
Hometown: Shoreview
Post Secondary Degree(s): No
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: FB

What do you like about GopherHole? One of my favorite spots for Gopher football info. Especially enjoy those that have strong football knowledge, inside the program info and recruiting opinion,
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Pissing matches. Gets really old and seems like it is getting worse.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Updated two deep roster. Video clip highlights. Might make the offseason go a little quicker. I am thinking of games going back a few years as well. To save space you could rotate them in.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Great job.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Gophers vs. Wisconsin (2003) Gophers vs. Purdue (2005)
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Ouch that hurts.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Can any marching band pull-off Enter Sandman by Metallica? Let it Rock by Kevin Rudolf.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 20+
Minnesota Native: born Mpls, raised in Wisco
Hometown: Mpls
Current Residence: Texas
Post Secondary Degree(s): Mech Engr
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: No

What do you like about GopherHole? MINIMAL MODERATEROR INTERFERENCE. Fans from other teams that contribute, not trolls.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Too many ads
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? I like it the way it is.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Hmmmmmmmm. Don't know.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Nice

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person?
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person?
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection?
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose?

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 45
Minnesota Native?: Yes.
Current Residence: Eagan
Post Secondary Degree(s)?: N/A
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: All home football games and a few basketball games
Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: yes, football
IF yes (optional), what section are your seats and how many season tickets do you hold? 244, row 24, 2 seats

What do you like about GopherHole? Great Gopher coverage and conversation.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Hijacking
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Easier way to complain about bad behavior.
If you donated to GopherHole this year, what compelled you to do so? N/A
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I will, don't worry
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes, both
If so, would you like to see us post more on twitter? Yes, I love the heads-ups for some interesting articles & threads
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Formo's answer +1000

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Purdue 2005
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 1997 football
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? The Rouser & Minnesota March in the not-the-rouser category.
Which rock song do you want to hear the Minnesota Marching Band play? Don't Stop Believing

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 46
Hometown: Medford
Current Residence: Lincoln, NE
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS Agronomy from the U
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Usually one or the other

What do you like about GopherHole? The information.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? The bitching.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I did donate.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Yes, it seems easier to get around.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Against Lousiville in basketball in the late 70's
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? It was a long time ago.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection?
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose?

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 5
Hometown: Lincoln, NE
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA Asian Language and Literature from the U
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Kind of... was using student tickets under someone else's name this year for both football and basketball. I plan on buying my own football tickets for this fall.

What do you like about GopherHole? It's the go-to place for anything related to Gopher sports. There seems to be a decent amount of inside info and some very knowledgable posters.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Meltdowns after losses.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Paying off student loans....
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? I like the new look a lot, but the increased ads are kind of a bummer.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Probably Iowa football this year. Maybe BTT game vs. Indiana in 2008.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Not a lot of good defense the past 5 years, but I really did enjoy watching Damian Johnson and Al Nolen putting the clamps down on defense - especially vs. Evan Turner at the Barn.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Malagueña.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Uprising - The Muse.

Top Bottom