It's Time: 7th Annual GopherHole Survey

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 42
Minnesota Native: Yes
Hometown: Roseville, MN
Current Residence: Farmington, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA, Criminal Justice
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yes
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Both

What do you like about GopherHole? Interviews, post-game reactions, speculation, recruiting info
What do you dislike about GopherHole? trolls
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? d/k
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? na
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? yes, both
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? awesome

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Ohio State FB in 1981
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 96/97 Gopher BB team
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Rouser
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Get Down Tonight<o:p></o:p>

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 40
Minnesota Native: No
Hometown: La Grange, Il
Current Residence: Arlington, Mn
Post Secondary Degree(s): B.A. University of Nebraska
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: yes
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: no longer

What do you like about GopherHole? The passion for The Gophers
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Hijacking, personal attacks, and the spelling police
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Some sort of Hijack warning, and a penalty box. Followed by three week suspension. And finally banishment.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? More recruiting content
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? no
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? I like the graphics, and ability to post video. Altough I have no idea how to do it.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 1981 Minnesota vs. The Ohio State.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 1961 Gophers at Northwestern.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? The Minnesota March
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Welcome to the Jungle

Longtime lurker and poster but this will be my first time filling out the survey.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): ~22
Minnesota Native: yes
Hometown: Franklin, MN
Current Residence: Willmar, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA SMSU
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: unfortunatly no but I catch as many as possible on TV
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: no

What do you like about GopherHole? Being able to express my opinions with other die hard gopher fans
What do you dislike about GopherHole? constant negativity towards certain players or coaches
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? speed the website up so I don't have to refresh to get the page to load
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? na
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? facebook
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? looks nice but makes the website slower - in my opinion I would not have something that makes it look good if it has a detrimental performance effect.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? The last one
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? second to last year of the Monson tenure
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? I don't have one
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? too many to choose from

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): at least 40 (just carrying the baton on for my late Gramps who got me started)
Minnesota Native: Y
Hometown: Mountain Lake
Current Residence: St. Peter
Post Secondary Degree(s): Journalism
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Y (1 to 3 home games a year; went to my first FB road game at USC & am planning trip to Vegas for opener!)
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Share FB tix

What do you like about GopherHole? 24/7/365 Gopher info
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Hostile takeover of threads
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Not sure
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Donated for first time this past year, will do again as it is worth it.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Y
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Love it! Very sharp and easy to use.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? When "Churchill Down"ed Badgers with FG; Iowa game in 2010; even USC game this past season was suspenseful as in you just didn't know what kind of team we'd put out on field.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Gopher Final Fou...ummm, not sure.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? All of them
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Toss up between Slade's "Run, Runaway" or The King's "Switchin' To Glide" catchy tunes that would sound great instrumentally speaking.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 14
Hometown: Fresno, CA
Current Residence: New Orleans, LA
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA, University of Minnesota
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes, football

What do you like about GopherHole? It's where I get my Gopher info.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Hijacking of threads, anything related to the OT board.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Quicker hammer on the trolls.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Meh.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? I follow the Gophers football/basketball/hockey feeds on Facebook. Not a fan of Twitter.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Haven't really explored them, though I notice the message boards are slower to load with the new header.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 2005 vs. Purdue. Facing the 10th-ranked team in the nation, a last-minute drive to get within two, Cupito running the option (!!!) to force overtime, Cupito finding Payne on fourth down to force double OT, a defensive stand to win the game (!!!!!). About as good as it gets for suspense. I would've put the '03 Michigan game, but once Asad threw that pick six, I knew it was over.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 1998-99 football. They couldn't figure out Drew Brees either year, nothing to be ashamed about, and other than that and getting lit up by an 11-1 Ohio State team in '98, the D allowed fewer than 285 yards per game over those two seasons.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Pregame M formation. Are....you.....ready??? The M and Rouser before the first game at TCF is my favorite experience as a Gopher fan.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 31 years
Hometown: St. Louis Park/Minneapolis
Current Residence: St. Pete Beach, FL
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA Political Science U of M/ MAEd Hamline University
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Gopher football

What do you like about GopherHole? Connecting w/ other Gopher rubes and recruiting info
What do you dislike about GopherHole? 500 word posts
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? More and updated recruiting info
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Potentially. Most of my funds go into my own site.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? FB
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Nice graphics

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 99 at Iowa.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Gophers football and defense in the same sentence? I'm going with the Gophers women basketball 2004 squad.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Minnesota Rouser
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? You shook me all night long by ACDC.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball):1/2
Minnesota Native:no
Hometown:Grafton, Wi.
Current Residence:Dana Point,Ca.
Post Secondary Degree(s):BA/UW
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year:yes
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball:no

What do you like about GopherHole?Past and present team history/info.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?Too many fans go negative/obsession with the Badgers? why?
What improvements or changes would you like implemented?Drop down schedules for 3 major sports/current rosters.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future?sure
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter?no
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades?Nice

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person?Illini game
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person?Illini game
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection?Rouser
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Bon Jovi "Have a nice day"

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 50+
Minnesota Native: YES
Hometown: SMALL BUT WELL-KNOWN MINNESOTA TOWN
Current Residence: RURAL MINNESOTA
Post Secondary Degree(s):
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: YES
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: NO

What do you like about GopherHole? VARIETY OF TOPICS
What do you dislike about GopherHole? MEANNESS OF SOME CONTRIBUTORS
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? ABILITY TO SEARCH MORE THAN ONE PAGE AT A TIME IN THE MESSAGE BOARDS
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? LOWER MINNESOTA TAXES
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? FACEBOOK
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? THE SITE WAS TOO BUSY BEFORE -- IT'S WORSE NOW.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? THE UM V OSU FIGHT JAN 23, 1972
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person?
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? MINNESOTA ROUSER
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? TAXMAN BY THE BEATLES

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): whole life (20)
Hometown: Waconia, MN
Current Residence: Minneapolis, MN (Sophomore at the U)
Post Secondary Degree(s): Pursuing BS in Finance
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes, both

What do you like about GopherHole? Having an outlet to go talk about Gopher athletics with people that are as passionate as I am. Always interesting and entertaining to get other people's perspectives and ideas on the current state of the basketball and football teams.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Feel like there's a lot of unnecessary negativity and arguing. Or completely irrelevant threads.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Nothing specifically.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Nothing specifically.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes. Love the twitter page.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Really like em. Just made the website look more modern and higher quality.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Purdue basketball game in 2009 (Robbie tore his ACL, Devoe missed the jumper at the buzzer)
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 2004-2005 Monson squad
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Can't go against The Rouser
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Eye of the Tiger

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 9
Hometown: Eau Claire, WI
Current Residence: Chanhassen, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): Bachelors of Mechanical Engineer--University of Minnesota
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yes (football)
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes (football)

What do you like about GopherHole? The information. Links to articles, interviews with coaches, players, former players, opponents media, etc...
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Hijacked threads and individual pissing matches. Disagreeing on topics is fine and arguments can be made, but I don't want to read bickering between a few people in every thread.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Some moderation when things get out of control.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Not sure.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Not much for Gopher Sports info.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? I like them.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Football = home game vs Purdue in 2005; Hockey = 2002 Nat'l Champ game.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 2008 football Defense with Ted Roof.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Minnesota Rouser (it could be used better at times for football though, like for interceptions or late in the game like during a timeout when we are on Defense)
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Not sure. "Happy Together" could maybe sound cool with a ton of brass.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 24y + 9 months
Minnesota Native: of course
Hometown: Bloomington
Current Residence: Minneapolis
Post Secondary Degree(s): U of M TC
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Always one football, 4 or 5 hockey games
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: someday

What do you like about GopherHole? how everyone gets pissed even when they agree
What do you dislike about GopherHole? no one cares about hockey
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? more chicks
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? my financial house being in order
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? follow the twits
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? love it

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Getting thrown out of the big house in 2005 last time we beat michigan
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? loved watching dan coleman play
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? no idea
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? james brown or parliament funkadelic selection

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 30 - all gopher sports
Hometown: Hutchinson, MN
Current Residence: Rockford, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): Communications Studies, Gustavus
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: FB season tickets (five years now, I think?)

What do you like about GopherHole? opportunity to discuss Gopher sports year-round with fellow fans. And seeing responses to Dpod posts - always entertaining
What do you dislike about GopherHole? I have no complaints.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? I'm just happy such a site exists.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Not sure.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? I am not on either facebook or twitter, but I do sometimes check out some twitter posts that are gopher-related
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? sweet

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Suspenseful? I've seen way too many debacles over the years (WI dropped punt, NW return for a TD in overtime, Purdue (19 seconds, drive, FG, OT, loss), NDSU, NDSU, SDSU, USD, on and on and on. Every one of them, "suspenseful", none of them warrant further acknowledgement. Iowa 2010 was probably my favorite gopher fb game of all-time (that I saw in-person).
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? FB - 99 Gophers - Schlect, Middlebrooks, etc, etc. BB? Bobby Jackson and Eric Harris backcourt
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Star Wars
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Anything that gets the band rockin - they're too placid, in my opinion.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 22 - Basketball, Football, Hockey, Tennis, Baseball
Minnesota Native: No :(
Hometown: New Richmond, WI
Current Residence: San Mateo, CA
Post Secondary Degree(s): BSB Finance / Entrepreneurial Management, Carlson School at U of M
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: 2 year hiatus while work has me in the Bay Area - will again have FB, BB and possibly hockey when I come back
What do you like about GopherHole? Keeps me in touch / connected with Gopher sports, welcome distraction from long work day
What do you dislike about GopherHole? N/A
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? N/A
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? N/A
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes - I follow GH and Nadine on Twitter
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Pretty good...sometimes pages still take awhile to load
What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Gophers / Badgers 2003 (and unfortunately 2005 as well)
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? The final four team was great...more recently I enjoyed seeing the Tubby press with DJ / Al Nolen on the floor together
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Hail Minnesota
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? I like the 80s classics....Journey / Boston / etc.

# of years gopher football and basketball fan: 62
Hometown: Minneapolis, MN
Current residence: Edina, MN
Post Secondary Degrees: BA Journalism, MA psych
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: yes
Football season ticket holder: yes, for many years
What do you like best about Gopherhole: Recruit news, DL65 on Sports Huddle when I miss it live.
What do you like least about Gopherhole: tangents that have nothing to do with topic.
Donate this year: yes. Did donate in past.
Do you follow Gopherhole on facebook or twitter: no
What is the most suspenseful game you witnessed in person: Victory over Iowa in 1960 when they were no. 1 and we were no. 2. Tom Brown knocked their center (Bill Lapham) into Wilburn Hollis, the qb from Boys Town. We won the national championship.
Which Gopher football/basketball team had the best defense: 1960 football team.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection: Minn.Hail to thee.
If you could select one rock song for Band: We are the champions (on the way to Pasadena)

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 18
Hometown: Minneapolis
Current Residence: Beijing, China
Post Secondary Degree(s): dropped out and got married
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: not anymore
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: my father is

What do you like about GopherHole? Seeing differing views on university athletics helps me to feel a connection with where I came from, and gives me something to talk about when making phone calls to family residing stateside. I also like to know the shape of the program in the off-season, and gopherhole is one of the only places I know of that has regular updates.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Can't think of anything.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? I'd like the gophers to win more. ;-)
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I am out of the country, so donations are complicated. I will move back someday, and then ask me again.
Do you follow the social media &#150; facebook and/or twitter? Nope, Banned in China
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? At first I didn't like them because I had to change my bookmarks, and had a hard time accessing from my mobile phone. It's cool now though. Enjoy them very much.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Ohio state 1999, Wisconsin 1999 were both super suspenseful. But we lost both of them.

What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 1999 football. Tyrone Carter, and Hoffman had heart and guts when it mattered. And we held Ron Dayne of Wisconsin under 100 yards if I remember correctly.

What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Minnesota Rouser

If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose?
The new years day song. What's it called? Old Lang sign? Because it would mean they play on new years day. Ohhhhh..... Rock song? Err... Snow by red hot chili peppers but only if it is snowing at halftime. I dunno. I like irony.

Sent from my XPERIA PLAY using tapatalk

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball):15
Hometown:Inver Grove Heights
Current Residence:Inver Grove Heights
Post Secondary Degree(s): Finishing two bachelor degrees at Metro State
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Football (section 117)

What do you like about GopherHole? Was how I stayed connected to the program while living in Virginia, met some great people on here as well.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Negative Nancies.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Nothing right now.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? If I had more money I would donate.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? yes and yea Jwild05
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Love the updates, gives it a very professional but fun look.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Iowa 2011 or 2010
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Football v.s. IL 2011
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Wizard of Oz lol jk, I would have to say the school songs always get me going.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Enter Sandman, Metallica.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 27
Hometown: Albertville
Current Residence: Albertville
Post Secondary Degree(s): Bachelor of Civil Engineering, U of M, 2007
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Football, 2 seats

What do you like about GopherHole?: Good discussion of Gopher sports. Hodger's NCAA tourney projections. Pick per day.
What do you dislike about GopherHole?: Wren. Threadjacking.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented?
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future?
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? : Facebook, yes. Gopher sports isn't the only thing I follow, but FB is a good source of info. Twitter, no.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades?: Like the forum overhaul. I have FlashBlock on my browsers, so that speeds up the loading

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person?: 2003 Jug (for all the wrong reasons), the last two games against Iowa, BB @ Wisconsin 09
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person?: Defense? Gopher football? I'd say the defense in this season's last two games.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection?: Rouser
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose?: No idea

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 34
Hometown:
Current Residence: Maple Grove
Post Secondary Degree(s): B.S. - University of Kansas; MBA - San Diego State University
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes, both

What do you like about GopherHole? Love the insight, analysis, humor, tid-bits, banter, friendship and shared passion.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Posters who come out of the woodwork after a loss and are no where to be found after a win. I also am not a fan of using complete hyperbole to prove a point as it usually weakens an argument.
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Always hope that more lurkers will turn into posters.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I've donated every year since I found this site in 1997.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Love it!

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? The Final Four game against Kentucky. I've obviously never been at a game with so much on the line. Still upset about the charging call against Courtney. Clem took a good T.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Definitely the 1997 Gophers hoops team. That team was built for the Final Four. Bobby was the first player in BT history to get Defensive POY and league MVP.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? I love the Rouser when played after a huge TD or a big run in hoops and the opposing team calls a TO.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose?

Go Gophers!!

Norman Dale
# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 39
Hometown: Granite Falls
Current Residence: Savage
Post Secondary Degree(s): B.S. & Pharm.D. U of M
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No, just football.

What do you like about GopherHole? Knowing there are so many crazy people just like me out there. Can usually find something humorous on this site daily. The people I've met through this site.

What do you dislike about GopherHole? omnipresent political threads on the off-topic board. Aren't there enough political message boards out there?

What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Like the amount of leeway the moderators give posters

If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Annual donator.

Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Just twitter. Anti-facebook.

What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Great enhancements. I don't think people realize everything that needs to take place behind the scenes before these changes can be implemented. Kudos to everyone who spent so much time and money to make GH the #1 site for Gopher fans.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? In person has to be the 1999 Gopher football upset in Penn State.

What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Any of Clem's BB teams in the early to mid 90's.

What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Gotta be the Rouser. Sentimental choice since this was my high school's school song also.

Don't Stop Believing by Journey. Isn't that what is needed to be a Gopher fan?

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 20
Hometown: Shoreview
Current Residence: Sioux Falls, SD
Post Secondary Degree(s): None, (Master Plumber)
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Football

What do you like about GopherHole? Bleedgopher, the tons of information, the funny posts, the interviews from Monter, Gopherlady, and others.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Wren's bible-length drivel, hijacking
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Multiple threads on similiar subjects should be combined more. When I log on, often times there is 20 new threads about 4 different subjects.
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? If my financial situation improves or I have to.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes, facebook
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Love 'em. Looks great and is a very easy site to navigate

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? The WCHA final five championship between the Gophers and the Sue when Wheeler made the diving goal!
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Not sure, probably the 2003 Football team?
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? The Rouser!
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? "We are the Champions!" by Queen (We can only hope!)

Age: 49 Gender: Male # of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 49 Minnesota Native: Yes Hometown: Princeton Current Residence: Marion, Iowa Post Secondary Degree(s): BA St. Thomas. Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yes - FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football: No IF yes (optional), what section are your seats and how many season tickets do you hold? 4

What do you like about GopherHole? Fby Nadine, Rob Litt, Chris Monter, SelectionSunday, Thom Wynn . What do you dislike about GopherHole? Hijacking of threads. What improvements or changes would you like implemented? More information on recruits. Interviews with an opposing team broadcaster or sportswriter. Post-game analysis by a knowledgeable poster or staff member (what went right or wrong).
If you donated to GopherHole this year, what compelled you to do so? I want to support GopherHole efforts for continuous improvement. I will donate in the future as well. If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? N/A. Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? facebook If so, would you like to see us post more on twitter? Yes. What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Great!

Go Gophers!!

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 39
Hometown: Apple Valley
Current Residence: Eagan
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS Mankato State
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: yes
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes football, Hockey too

What do you like about GopherHole? the info, Chris Monter interviews
What do you dislike about GopherHole? threads about Wisc, Why do we care about them??
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? none
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? my financial situation
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? fb a little
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades?

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? my first gopher bball game, jan 1975, one point loss to Purdue in double OT
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 1977 football
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? drum cadance

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): Football 12 Hockey 20
Hometown: Detroit Lakes
Current Residence: Fargo, ND
Post Secondary Degree(s): BS Civil Engineering, MBA
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes - Football

What do you like about GopherHole? - You can keep tabs on the program and vent while sitting here in Fargo
What do you dislike about GopherHole? - Posted go off topic because of personal issues and always revert back to Mason and Brewster
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? - Great Website
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? -
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? - Facebook
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? - They work

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? The Michigan Debacle
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person?
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? - Couldn't tell you

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 14-ish
Minnesota Native: Long story short, yes.
Hometown: Born in Little Falls
Current Residence: Belleville, WI
Post Secondary Degree(s): Attended UMN 1998-2002
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Does the Spring Game Count. HAve made last 4 UMN/WI games in Madison.
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Student Tix

What do you like about GopherHole? One stop for quick Gopher news. Lurking, I can get a days worth of news in 10 minutes. Posters are knowledgeable and fun.

What do you dislike about GopherHole? No hockey section.

What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Nothing off the top of my head.

If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? More disposable income on my part.

Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes to both. FWIW, I've had several random twitter conversations with Nadine. Very pleasant and always replies. And her game day tweets are A+

What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Very nice look and very simple to navigate.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? I forget the year and the outcome, but John Hall from WI kicked a 60 yard field goal at the half. Ball was placed dead center and he crushed it. Wrong side but still one of the most impressive things I've ever seen live.

What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Who knows but I'm sure it invalid a brief stoppage of play.

What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? The Rouser

If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Let's Go Crazy- Prince.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 28 (could be longer, my folks had one of their first dates at Memorial Stadium)
Hometown: Champlin, MN
Current Residence: Crystal, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): 2006 BS, Marketing major/Spanish minor
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Y both
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Football only

What do you like about GopherHole? Lots of coverage and opinions on football and basketball
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Myopic opinions
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? More hockey coverage. I know GPL probably won't want to merge, but a forum would be a good alternative (without as many Gopher hockey-only fans).
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? I have in the past, but have not yet gotten around to it for a year or two. I will at some point this year.
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes, on both.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Fantastic. Good layout and good content.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? 2009 BB at the Barn vs. Wisconsin
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? 2009 football
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Battle Hymn of the Republic
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin, although I don't think it would sound as good in a marching band setting.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 55
Hometown: Newport
Current Residence: Hopkins, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA St. Cloud State MS St. Mary's University of MN
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yes - BB
Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: Yes - BB 35 years
IF yes (optional), what section are your seats and how many season tickets do you hold? Section 117, row 24 2 tickets

Part two
What do you like about GopherHole? The sense of community
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Trolls
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Quick removal of trolls
If you donated to GopherHole this year, what compelled you to do so? Keep it going
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? N/A
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Facebook and Twitter
If so, would you like to see us post more on twitter? It's about right, except when someone is live tweeting a hockey game, which I care nothing about. Waaaay too many tweets then.
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? Hate the ad bar at the top. When it's showing video it slows down page loads a lot
What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Too many to mention
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? N/A
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Born in the USA

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 37
Hometown: Forest Lake
Current Residence: Brooklyn Park
Post Secondary Degree(s): BA Econ, St. Cloud State; J.D. Hamline
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Football
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: 4

What do you like about GopherHole? Insider news, speculation, general football related chatter - especially in the off-season, interviews.
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Threadjacking
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? move the personal fights to the "Thunderdome" forum
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? An email reminder?
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Twitter
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades?

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Last year's hogeye game.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? I've only been to games the last 4 years so I'd have to say our defense that showed up against the Illini last year.
If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Panama

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): 33
Hometown: Robbinsdale, MN
Current Residence: Robbinsdale, MN
Post Secondary Degree(s): AS Design from College of Visual Arts, St. Paul MN
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: Yes (one of each)
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No. I wish.

What do you like about GopherHole? The inside dish and the rumors. Perfect example was the coaching searches and the recruiting drama every year. The Sports Huddle recap with the coaches are good. Just a good alternative from Star & Tribune, etc.

What do you dislike about GopherHole? Can't think of any off hand.

What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Maybe better editing or layouts with the features. Maybe pay more attention to hockey and baseball as well.

If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Offer some extras if you donate, like merch or tickets or something. That always works for the radio stations. (Example: KFAI)

Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes.

What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? It's fine the only thing that bugs me a little is the cheesy Photoshoped Gopher Hole banner at the top. It's ugly and just bad design.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? That is like asking what my favorite song or movie is, you can't really answer that one. But the Michigan football game in 2003 comes to mind, what an atmosphere that was. Also all the games I went too when Voshon Lenard was playing, I really enjoyed watching him play. Those great Clem teams.

What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Maybe the defense of the Gopher cheerleaders? Can't get the number huh?

What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? Minnesota Rouser.

If you could select one rock song as a selection played during a game by the Minnesota Marching Band, what would you choose? Nig#a's in Paris - Jay-Z & Kanye West. They need to freshen up with todays times, them bands down South jam out! They can take a lesson or two. Build a party atmosphere and the kids will come back.

# of years as a Gopher fan (football and/or basketball): All my life
Hometown: Fergus Falls
Current Residence: Porterville, CA
Post Secondary Degree(s): MAT - Biblical Studies - Fuller Theological Seminary
Attend at least one football and/or basketball game per year: The only game I have attended was this last year when the Gophers came out here to play USC
FB Season Ticket Holder for Gopher football and/or basketball: No

What do you like about GopherHole? Pretty active
What do you dislike about GopherHole? Some very negative, degrading posts/posters, especially of players
What improvements or changes would you like implemented? Hard to say at the moment
If you decided not to donate, what would make you donate in the future? Has more to do with where I am at financially and priorities
Do you follow the social media – facebook and/or twitter? Yes
What are your thoughts on the recent GopherHole website upgrades? I think the upgrades are good.

What was the most suspenseful game that you witnessed in person? Since the only game I witnessed was the USC game here, that would have to be it...and it did turn out to be a good game.
What Gopher football and/or basketball team had the best defense that you witnessed in person? Back in the days of Cal Stoll, the Gophers had a set of Linebackers that were instrumental in beating Michigan. Can't remember the names.
What is your favorite Minnesota Marching Band musical selection? No idea

Top Bottom