Is Frost fired before or after the end of the 2021 season?

Is Frost fired mid season or in December?

• Mid 2021 season firing.

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • After the season with a traditional search for new coach

Votes: 47 51.6%

• Total voters
He won't be fired during the season even though Scott is the hire of the previous AD. There is probably a clause in his contract that if the school is placed on NCAA probation because of violations that gives the AD a get out of jail free card and avoids the big payout.

15 million buyout after 2021 season.

10 million buyout after 2022 season.

Not sure how much that matters. Cornhusker Alumni would probably pay that

The issue with Nebraska is/are the unrealistic expectations of their fan base, most of whom are delusional and living in the past. Their recruiting, as aforementioned, is lousy compared to the glory years. However, Cornhooskers are not alone in their delusion.

Scott frost shouldn't be on that plane back. Nebraska has expectations.. we are in year 4 of his reign.. same story every year.. and I'm loving it... Every second.. btw.. my first.gopher game was against nebraska.. the 80 something to like 10... F&$k nebraska

Scott frost shouldn't be on that plane back. Nebraska has expectations.. we are in year 4 of his reign.. same story every year.. and I'm loving it... Every second.. btw.. my first.gopher game was against nebraska.. the 80 something to like 10... F&$k nebraska

He's actually improved them? Mike Riley's last team let Demry Croft look like a Heisman winner while losing the BBC game by 33 points during Fleck's "Year 0"

It's taken Frostie the last two seasons to lose by that much combined. Progress. 7 year extension please.

He has a fat buyout clause if he is fired in 2021. Something like $15 million. But it’s hard to imagine Nebraska keeping him if they only win 3-4 games this year.

I’d love if he got another year. Frost staying at Nebraska is good for every one of Nebraska’s opponents.
The reported number is $20M. Drops down season by season? Don’t know if NebTech AD and Regents will be able to wait it out for a big price reduction. Fan base and even local media appear to have moved on from Frost. Unless some kind of miracle happens (beats Oklahoma?), his removal isn’t a question of “if” but only “when.”

Last edited:

15 million buyout after 2021 season.

10 million buyout after 2022 season.

Not sure how much that matters. Cornhusker Alumni would probably pay that
Currently $20M, though? Until end of 2021 season? Saw that number on Husker Board. Haven’t seen actual contract, of course.

Saw somewhere that Frost only has to go 55-6 to match Pelini’s record at Nebraska.

You bring up something that might not be good for Gopher fans. Nebraska showed they are piece of shit. Their coach sucks and their discipline and intelligence is incredibly low. We as Gopher fans need him there as long as possible. Or, the other side of it is are they such a shit destination that they shitcan the dumbass and hire someone even worse?
I guess, all I want for Christmas is a shit Nebraska football team and Frost seems to be the best person to achieve that.
they (Shitbraska) have a culture problem...no matter who they hire will they will continue to fail. They are living in the past and they 'can not' and 'will not' allow themselves to move forward ... it's plain and simple. They still think they are living in 1995-96. The fanbase is ultimatley pathetic...still shouting "Go Blackshirts". Hey Shitbraska fans ... It's 2021...WTF.

Something wrong there inside the program. New AD is axed, top talent leaves for other schools (Luke McCaffery, Wan'Dale Robinson and more), two straight losses to Illinois, lots of weird mistakes in games, Frost's chip-on-the-shoulder attitudes, lack of consistency.

I really thought Frost would be successful there. His Central Florida team looked pretty good, he was young, successful and an alum that was very motivated to do well. He seemed like a perfect fit for them but as everyone can see, this is just not working out. He will most likely be gone at the end of the season.

I voted after the season, but I want a lifetime contract.

Same feeling here my brother. My first Husker game was 1973 - 48 to 7 Nebraska as #2 coming into Memorial Stadium and I was 10 years old. Continuing their arrogance: 84 to 13 or whatever. I hate them and love to see them lose their grip. WI is a good rivalry but is nothing but a very good team to beat compared to the old Husker teams. Nebraska was similar to the current Alabama teams 30 years ago but they loved to humiliate teams. Osborne was a rare coach, they will never replace that level of winning. A lot of things preventing that return to prominence.

Also saw a Tweet, if Frost goes something like 37-1 in his next 38, he'll match Jim Harbaugh.

Frost won't be canned until Nebraska finds cause to fire him.
I think they are working on stuff which is why Frost has his own legal team to defend himself against Nebraska while he works there.

It will be a odd year there with that and Frost's partying.

Same feeling here my brother. My first Husker game was 1973 - 48 to 7 Nebraska as #2 coming into Memorial Stadium and I was 10 years old. Continuing their arrogance: 84 to 13 or whatever. I hate them and love to see them lose their grip. WI is a good rivalry but is nothing but a very good team to beat compared to the old Husker teams. Nebraska was similar to the current Alabama teams 30 years ago but they loved to humiliate teams. Osborne was a rare coach, they will never replace that level of winning. A lot of things preventing that return to prominence.

My assumption all along has been that Nebby isn't getting the TX pipeline after moving to the BG10, but then I looked at old rosters. The current team has more TX players than the 94 & 97 teams. Other than losing the HOF coach in Osborne, they simply must not be getting the same caliber of player and/or depth of quality with the 85 scholly limits.

Martinez has gone and given NE the full Leidner. I feel for those fans, I really do. The defense will bleed out on the field trying to win a game while the offense sputters. See The 14-7 Iowa loss. I hope Fordham is what Kent state to us. Sure we won but

Martinez has gone and given NE the full Leidner. I feel for those fans, I really do. The defense will bleed out on the field trying to win a game while the offense sputters. See The 14-7 Iowa loss. I hope Fordham is what Kent state to us. Sure we won but
There's no way fordham wins... But if they keep it close 8 points or less the reaction will be worse. And Buffalo will beat them

It all depends on whom Trev is thinking of hiring, and what other schools are looking at the same folks.

Ideally, not during the season. But if they think they need to make a move early to get the guy they want, then they'll do it.

It all depends on whom Trev is thinking of hiring, and what other schools are looking at the same folks.

Ideally, not during the season. But if they think they need to make a move early to get the guy they want, then they'll do it.
I agree with you but whatever they are thinking of doing, it will be the wrong decision. Who would take that job? Nobody with any credibility.

I think past 20 years Nebraska has paid~35 million in buyouts.

I just reread the Jerry kill quotes from the Kent st win. We shoulda fired his a22 the next day.

Top Bottom