Is Frost fired before or after the end of the 2021 season?

Is Frost fired mid season or in December?

• Mid 2021 season firing.

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • After the season with a traditional search for new coach

Votes: 47 51.6%

• Total voters

That video is basically Nebraska fans in a nutshell. The dude says he predicted 10-2 but now needs to revise that prediction to 2-10. They actually believe themselves and convince themselves it is the 90’s every off season.

15 million buyout after 2021 season.

10 million buyout after 2022 season.

Not sure how much that matters. Cornhusker Alumni would probably pay that
I mean it is probably worth 5 million to lose to Iowa with frost instead of without him. Meaning he is finishing the season

Fire him yesterday. The season will be a total catastrophe anyway; like going to the dentist, just get it over with as soon as possible.

Many of you long term gopher fans in 1985 acted like the gophs NC of 1960 was recent history. Looks like NE is in the same time cycle right now. We of course let it spin into 55 years of slop.

And if they don't want it to get that bad they need to make a change today.. the alligations against him will be enough to terminate him with cause... There are lots of behind the scenes rumors out there that Frost has been showing up later to practices or not showing up at all.. (according to husker fans, who seem to be in the know or connected)
If fordham keeps this close next week how... How do you not fire him and then let's the lawyers work it out...
Many of you long term gopher fans in 1985 acted like the gophs NC of 1960 was recent history. Looks like NE is in the same time cycle right now. We of course let it spin into 55 years of slop.

Think there are two questions. Should Frost be fired and will Frost be fired?

I have long been of the belief that you need to give coaches at least 4-5 years before pulling the plug. So by that metric he should be given more time.

However, I don't think that will fly at Nebraska and if this year is a trainwreck I fully expect them to fire him. This became even more likely with the new AD.

I was watching the game, and I kept getting distracted because I was trying to figure out how much Bielema weighs these days. Dude has to be hitting 3-fiddy.

Really, talent was fairly even. Neb just beat itself with turnovers and bad penalties, which a lot of people might say is a reflection of coaching........

My boss is a Neb fan. saw him Saturday night - he was not happy.

I agree with you but whatever they are thinking of doing, it will be the wrong decision. Who would take that job? Nobody with any credibility.
Someone like Matt Campbell when he was back at Toledo.

And that is the problem. If Trev doesn’t cave to the booster demands for a “name” coach.

Someone like Matt Campbell when he was back at Toledo.

And that is the problem. If Trev doesn’t cave to the booster demands for a “name” coach.
What if they get Matt Campbell anyway?

My assumption all along has been that Nebby isn't getting the TX pipeline after moving to the BG10, but then I looked at old rosters. The current team has more TX players than the 94 & 97 teams. Other than losing the HOF coach in Osborne, they simply must not be getting the same caliber of player and/or depth of quality with the 85 scholly limits.
I had a similar argument with some huskers before. They refuted the Texas point well, but they didn't have a counter regarding partial qualifiers at NE and in the Big 8 writ large vs in the Big 12

Campbell fell into the perfect scenario at Iowa State. He had a banner year because the Big12 benefitted from Covid reducing B1G and Pac12 seasons.

Campbell fell into the perfect scenario at Iowa State. He had a banner year because the Big12 benefitted from Covid reducing B1G and Pac12 seasons.
No doubt but I still think Nebraska would love to have him.

Little info to pass along... Take it for whatever you want... But apparently there is ALOT of smoke... And where there's smoke... There's fire

Since our TMB #Nebraska Cornhuskers posters didn't deem this worth sharing like the fine gentlemen at The Platinum Board I felt I had to bring this here and not pollute the Q board thread.

From these obvious truth tellers:

Some people got really butthurt last time I shared info about Frost and his wife. If that was you, please do not read. Leave this thread.

sent to me by a member

Rumors of Frost and his wife being separated are true. She has taken the kids back to Florida apparently. This all stems from incidents at the bar Gate 25. Frost and the coaches gather there frequently (supposedly after every home game, win or lose). One of the coaches has an apartment above the bar. Several women have been seen going in and out with coaches (Frost being one obviously). A friend of mine knows a girl that works at the bar. He asked if these rumors are true. Response was “she smiled, said no comment, and walked away.”

Additional Info from someone close to G25:

Can confirm he was messing around with one of the waitresses for sure. Not going to post her name, but she’s by far the hottest worker there. Everything happens in the Annex.
Also, saw Jon Bruning smoking weed in there while he was battling it as AG. They all eat edibles and rip dab pens frequently.

Even more info:

Tiny crazy story here, a guy I know said nearly the same thing as the Frost's wife info thread, and the source was Bill's wife, he also said there were even more hookers on a coaches trip they had on top of Gate 25.

I also know a guy who is part owner of an Omaha hotel and said Frost has a permanent room up there and lives there now.

Well that gets back at the comment Who would take that job? Nobody with any credibility.

Agree that MC should have his sites set much higher than taking over the Huskers. Yikes

Well, those are some wild stories. Wow, I comment on how a certain gopher bball coach is constantly late to meetings but really that is nothing compared to those frostie tips.

It goes back further to his UCF and Oregon days.. the stuff that's coming out is crazy...
Well, those are some wild stories. Wow, I comment on how a certain gopher bball coach is constantly late to meetings but really that is nothing compared to those frostie tips.

Would hardly be the first football coach to love him some young tail.

Have a feeling that this, along with the NCAA investigation stuff ... none of it would matter, if he was winning.

No winning = no happy in Lincoln.

Is Spielamn's kid still at Nebraska?

Only way Frost doesn't complete the full season is:

1. He's fired for cause. (Very unlikely they find something serious enough to get off on that without an expensive case with Frosty's lawyers).

2. A mutual separation agreement is made. (Frost has no reason to do this, other than to save a little face by agreeing to an earlier separation and saying they "mutually agreed to part ways" vs being told he was fired). No agent or lawyer would tell him that he's better off negotiating his buyout down $5 million though. At best I would think Nebraska gets $2-$3 million off, but nothing below the amount they would be due to pay him end of season.

Frost living his college years again.

Nebraska has to get rid of cancer at the top. It seems clear that the mere rumors intimate a dysfunctional organization. The buck stops with Coach Scotty Frost.

The sooner that they can legally do it the better for the long-term good of Nebraska Football. We'd want Nebraska to be good. We want a competitive Big Ten West.

I kept digging and supposedly he knocked up a 19 year old..
How deep is this cesspool

Top Bottom