If it is Fleck...

Only way Claeys gets fired is Coyle trying to cover his and Kaler's butts.

So logic check here. if you're PJ Fleck, and a hot commodity, and a candidate for every open position and several positions that aren't open you:

Take a job with a program that's on the right track but needs a coach. Admin and school is behind the program, Facilities are up to date or on their way, recruiting base exists......OR.......

*You take a job from a man that will be fired in the next 12 months.
*Your soon to be fired boss's boss will also be fired in the next 12 months
*At a school that just fired a guy for going 9-4 for essentially supporting the kids on the team who were left out in the cold, as he was, by an administration that is in damage control on their own jobs, not trying to help the alleged victim, or fairly and honestly determine the culpability of the alleged assaulters.
*That will be paying out significant amounts of money to settle lawsuits for how the current situation was handled
*In a situation where recruiting has always been difficult, and is now even more so
*For a fan base that considers a very strong win against a very good opponent worthless because they don't think the Holiday Bowl is worthy of their time

Yeah. We have a chance.

Pretty sure even Tim Brewster won't touch this job today.

I thought Maturi was a complete and total idiot that went out of his way to destroy the U, but Coyle has proven to be far more effective in a shorter period of time, simply because he couldn't talk to Claeys before they announced the suspensions and helped him be prepared to talk with the team and avoid the total cluster that unfurled because of poor communication and stupid, CYA decisions made by Kaler and Coyle (and by this I mean, not laying things out to Claeys and getting his buy-in before going public but claiming that he was informed and on board, publicly naming and shaming the players when the little due process that is available to the players through the EOAA process had not played out, not doing their homework on who was and was not involved, etc. I have no issue if players who were involved were suspended - albeit extremely belatedly, based on the allegations alone, however we knew of the allegations in September, so why where the players allowed back on the team? Why did this play out the way it did? Where was the righteous indignation in September? Everything that transpired before the bowl game could have been avoided with a little common sense and good communication. To think that any coach will take this job today is as stupid as insisting Tony Dungy is coming back to lead us to the promised land.

A bad situation has become far worse because Kaler and Coyle are poor leaders. Unless and until the U gets real leadership, any success we can muster on the sports front will be short lived. Wren's been preaching this for years, and the current mess has proven that we don't have real leadership. My only hope is that the two regents who met with the players understand the mess that Coyle and Kaler have created and flush them soon. Somewhere between these two spineless simps plans and how the University of Iowa handles Sexual Assault (if Claeys had reportedly done what Kirk Fierenz did, than yeah, fire his ass, but by all accounts he did nothing of the kind) http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/23/iowa.rape.allegations/ there is a way to protect those that need protecting, whether the alleged victim or the alleged perpetrators unless and until this plays out. For those of you interested, here's how the story ended. http://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=6041496

First off, you are making a ton of assumptions. What I know is that Coyle is well less than a year into a 5 year contract...he's not going to be fired anytime soon. Second, IF he is looking for a new football coach it will be his most important hire. Whoever takes the job would come in knowing that Coyle's fate would be largely tied to the success of the football program. It's actually pretty advantageous for a coach who is the first major hire by a new AD.

If Mark Coyle opts for his guy and dismisses a coach who just went 9-4 this season, I sincerely hope that we won't be looking back ten years from now at this watershed moment as a big mistake.

Regardless who he picks, we hope for the best for Gopher Football.

He's got a faithful really good girlfriend in the stable albeit she's not an eye candy.

He has wandering eyes and lecherously looks at another voluptuous lass that hypnotized guys like a snake charmer.

Will he be charmed and go for a girlfriend upgrade? Hopefully, she is not a total high maintenance b#tch. That usually puts guys in an early grave. She may dump him after she saps the living daylights out of him.:cool03:

With all the PJ rumors this year, I think PJ is just the go to guy when you need to make up a rumor.

You realize a rumor that he is staying is also a rumor that he could start to drive up his value?

You realize a rumor that he is staying is also a rumor that he could start to drive up his value?

I doubt doubt it, but then I thought the same of Jon Gruden when he came up for EVERYTHING for like 4 years, and he kept coming up even after his mega ESPN contract.....

Could be someone seeding rumors to help PJ, or just BS clickbait.

I doubt doubt it, but then I thought the same of Jon Gruden when he came up for EVERYTHING for like 4 years, and he kept coming up even after his mega ESPN contract.....

Could be someone seeding rumors to help PJ, or just BS clickbait.

The rumor of talks with Minnesota doesn't help PJ vis a vis Minnesota. It would only help him as it pertains to a different job. Most likely clickbait, as in Chris Petersen being a candidate for every job imaginable for years despite his denials, until a really good opportunity emerged in Washington.

Fleck isn't coming here guys. They'll extend Claeys with minimal raise. The BOR is faced with an
Athletic Village that has raised only an additional 4 million since Coyle has been hired. There are 2 major doners that according to several Alumni people I talked to at the Sodasocial that have put major contributions on hold because of the suspension debacle. The BOR doesn't want to be saddled with a 3 million coaches buyout on top of another 10 to 15 million on a new coach and staff. There was not one person that I talked with that was a card carrying member of the Alumni Association that had a negative view of Claeys. As I mentioned in another post he received a rousing appaluse at the Kickoff Luncheon. P.J. Fleck is a pipe dream , get over it.

Fleck isn't coming here guys. They'll extend Claeys with minimal raise. The BOR is faced with an
Athletic Village that has raised only an additional 4 million since Coyle has been hired. There are 2 major doners that according to several Alumni people I talked to at the Sodasocial that have put major contributions on hold because of the suspension debacle. The BOR doesn't want to be saddled with a 3 million coaches buyout on top of another 10 to 15 million on a new coach and staff. There was not one person that I talked with that was a card carrying member of the Alumni Association that had a negative view of Claeys. As I mentioned in another post he received a rousing appaluse at the Kickoff Luncheon. P.J. Fleck is a pipe dream , get over it.

I hope you are right

The BOR votes probably weighs heavily with the donors.

Oops.

Top Bottom