If it is Fleck...

MNfootballfan

Reaction score
I'm split on what I think of Claeys. After Wisconsin I wanted him gone. How he kept the team together and how they played in the bowl I think he deserves more a legitimate shot at being successful, but if they do indeed hire PJ Fleck one positive would be with his ties to northern Illinois and Jerry Kill a lot of the assistants could potentially stay, mainly Jay Sawvel. This would help the short term recruiting and sustain some of the emotions on the team.

Would be great to keep Sawvell in any scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How rare is it to keep offensive/defensive coordinator during head coaching change? I have to imagine it's very uncommon.

Then the story won't go away for along time.

Fleck is a candidate for everything ... except he doesn't seem to be...

Really if we were to fire Claeys and hire Fleck I'd have a hell of a lot more questions about what bar Coyle is setting for performance / how many strikes any coach gets and etc....

There wasn't going to be a coaching change until the bowl suspensions and the EOAA report came out. The only reason to change now would be because of that incident. Because of that, it's highly unlikely any of the assistants would be retained.

From what I've heard Sawvel wouldn't stay if Fleck gets the job. Sounds like when Fleck was with these guys at Northern Illinois he kind of rubbed them the wrong way with some of his antics and I'm sure Sawvel would have other options as well.

From what I've heard Sawvel wouldn't stay if Fleck gets the job. Sounds like when Fleck was with these guys at Northern Illinois he kind of rubbed them the wrong way with some of his antics and I'm sure Sawvel would have other options as well.

You're probably right. I think Sawvel could name his job.

There wasn't going to be a coaching change until the bowl suspensions and the EOAA report came out. The only reason to change now would be because of that incident. Because of that, it's highly unlikely any of the assistants would be retained.
The only things that happened since Coyle meekly expressed support of Claeys after the WI game are the boycott and Claeys's tweet. Kaler/Coyle were aware of everything else. If Claeys is fired for supporting the players, it doesn't need to affect others on the staff.

It probably would, however, convince the rest of the staff that they wouldn't stay if asked.

The only things that happened since Coyle meekly expressed support of Claeys after the WI game are the boycott and Claeys's tweet. Kaler/Coyle were aware of everything else. If Claeys is fired for supporting the players, it doesn't need to affect others on the staff.

It probably would, however, convince the rest of the staff that they wouldn't stay if asked.

I mean if that is the reason ... staff gotta be worried about how little it takes for the administration to toss someone.

Wisconsin will lawnboy WMU. Do you want another coach who can't beat Wisconsin? Keep TC, or go big. Just me, but I think you could get Pelini for 12 million over 5 years. He has a proven record in the B1G and would come in with an ax to grind after getting chumped by Nebraska.The only negative would be could he and Coyle mesh?

Wisconsin will lawnboy WMU. Do you want another coach who can't beat Wisconsin? Keep TC, or go big. Just me, but I think you could get Pelini for 12 million over 5 years. He has a proven record in the B1G and would come in with an ax to grind after getting chumped by Nebraska.The only negative would be could he and Coyle mesh?

Pelini = immediate season tickets drop for me.

Claeys will be let go, along with staff, and sit out a year. Kill will be named HC of Rutgers next year, and bring back his entire staff, Claeys, Sawvel, etc. Next time we play them they'll truck us. And it will be poetic justice.

Claeys will be let go, along with staff, and sit out a year. Kill will be named HC of Rutgers next year, and bring back his entire staff, Claeys, Sawvel, etc. Next time we play them they'll truck us. And it will be poetic justice.

Really, really stupid.

I'd take Pelini over Fleck any day. Not even close.

It won't be fleck. If you think it will be turn on the Wisconsin game right now...

I'd take Pelini over Fleck any day. Not even close.

If this AD can't handle Claeys tweet they're not gonna be able to handle Bo for like 5 min...

Pelini is known for strong performances against Wisconsin

If PJ's MAC team can't beat Wisconsin he clearly is not the right fit for the job!

It won't be fleck. If you think it will be turn on the Wisconsin game right now...

9 minute scoring drive. We like those in MN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Taking a non-P5 team to the Cotton Bowl isn't impressive enough for some people lol

Just from the little I have seen of Fleck I could see your point. Talk about a complete personality change at the top. Claeys strikes me as very little ego.

Just from the little I have seen of Fleck I could see your point. Talk about a complete personality change at the top. Claeys strikes me as very little ego.

Is very little ego desirable in a HC in college football?

Top Bottom