I know how to end the Adam Weber debate....

Unregistered is fully responsible for stopping me once I start. Usually he lets me hammer out trolls, unless dpodoll68 tries to steal my killing blows (yes, I'm still mad about that grrr!).

So Unregistered you are fully responsible for Section2's rage post here.

It really wasn't rage. I was calling you a name, that I don't think needs to be edited, it's a common item that is in a lot of households, for feminine cleansing.

Sports memories?

Others I'm sure will remember Weber as a guy who underthrew hundreds of thousands of recievers that had nobody within 70 yards of them. Sports memories are what you make them, folks.

Your definition of sports memories is quite different than mine. I personally would call them sports nightmares but if it makes you feel better about Weber and stops the pain, who am I to argue with you.

Your definition of sports memories is quite different than mine. I personally would call them sports nightmares but if it makes you feel better about Weber and stops the pain, who am I to argue with you.

You are free to choose to remember how you wish, like I said.

Adam Weber's career is over. There is nothing he can do to make his Gopher career better or worse. The only question is how we will remember him to future Gopher fans who ask about the all time leader in virtually every passing category. I will tell my children that he turned down an offer from Wisconsin, endured a terrible set of circumstances that must've seemed like Groundhog Day to him as every time he turned around he was expected to learn a new offense and how to be a different quarterback than before. I will tell them that he represented the U as well as anybody ever could under these circumstances and that he combined with fellow MN standout Eric Decker to provide a QB/reciever duo that MN could be proud of.

Others I'm sure will remember Weber as a guy who underthrew hundreds of thousands of recievers that had nobody within 70 yards of them. Sports memories are what you make them, folks.

Most yards for a losing quarterback?
Most td's for a losing quarterback?
Most myopic fans?
Most apologists for poor performances?
Most excuses offered for having meaningless records?

Most yards for a losing quarterback?
Most td's for a losing quarterback?
Most myopic fans?Most apologists for poor performances?
Most excuses offered for having meaningless records?

Where on earth would the blind, ignorant fan base be without the good folks like yourself, leading us all down the righteous path of wisdom?

I think I speak for all of us when I say, Thank You, good sir.

I bow to your superior pronostication and football knowledge!

While others both pro and con just blabbed at the mouth, you gentalmen had the convictions of your beliefs to agree to my proprosal.

For those who did state their opinion by agreeing with me.....what's wrong with you? Don't you know I'm crazy?

FYI: Like everyone else on the board (I Hope), regardless if Adam makes it on a roster or not. He's still my guy and I'm cheering for him.:clap:

Thanks...I think. Though I do believe you basically said that my stance (or something) made me completely unknowledgeable, in one of your previous posts. Whatever that was about...

Just stopping in to say that this thread has proven to be very entertaining.

Rampage

There are studies of performance that show that practice and repetition are the keys for success. The major qualifier is that it be deliberate practice that stretches the individual and works on weakness is the key. A great read on this is the book Talent is Overrated. There you will find reference to primary research and meta research on the subject, lucidly written. Divided time, like the failures of "multitasking" turn good performance into bad performance.

Bro - It proves it to me. That's all I'm stating. I don't know how someone so adept at the English language as you proclaim to be, is having such a hard time grasping that kind of statement. It doesn't definitively prove it in a way that nobody can refute, no. We aren't discussing math here, we're talking opinions on football players. The phrase, "in my opinion, this proves" does not mean that I am stating a fact. It means I'm stating an opinion, which is why I began the sentence with "in my opinion". You see, opinions are different than facts. When I started my sentence that way, it was a clue that the statement to follow was based on opinion, and not fact. If I thought it was a fact, I might have started the sentence "it is a fact that..." Nowhere have I represented my beliefs as facts.
I know the ability to play is up to the coach. We are discussing whether coach Brewster made the right decision as to playing time for QBs last year. And we are discussing whether Q's play on the field this upcoming year might indicate that Brewster made the wrong decision last year. I think it might, you think it doesn't and can't. Last season would have gone differently had Q been chosen as the starter, I'm sure you agree, but we don't know what that result would have been. It might have been better, and it might (although I can't fathom how) have been worse. Once we've seen Q play a full season, we will have some more information to base our speculation of how he might have played last year if given the reigns. If Q is all big 10 this year, I think that's good evidence that last year would have gone better. That's not a failure of logic to state that. It's an opinion, and one that could be true or false. You state it doesn't matter, but it does matter. If Nate Triplett had been the starter the previous year instead of Simoni Lawrence, he might have played better. The defense might have been better. You can't state that it wouldn't. So we can debate based on our opinions and based on what little evidence we have. We will never know for sure, but we can speculate, and speculating is part of the fun of sports, message boards, being a fan, etc. That is, it WAS fun, until you injected your superior logic and reasoning skills into this debate and sucked the life out of it.

Thank you. We can all have fun discussing football.

Thanks...I think. Though I do believe you basically said that my stance (or something) made me completely unknowledgeable, in one of your previous posts. Whatever that was about...

No, it was indeed a complement. I didn't expect to actually change anyones opinion. My opinion of Adam's gopher career isn't going to change because he wasn't drafted.

I just thought it would be fun for everyone to base it on something tangible and then shut up or gloat based on that outcome. Both you and I did, and you won. So I was wrong and you were right. It was all in fun.

My unknowledgeable statement was directed at everyone, including me. None of us do this for a living (including highschool coaches who only do it part-time). We should not take ourselves so seriously (again, it was all in fun).

I think we ALL like Adam as a person and are thankful for his contributions to the gophers. We just disagree on how successful that career was.

If your quarterback, praised for his intellagence, throws a pick six to lose the game while standing in his own endzone on the last play of the game, Weber did it.

It wasn't Weber's fault Brewster decided to go for it.

It was Weber's fault that he kept that idiotic drive alive with a perfect pass on third down.

It was Weber's fault that his pass from the 15 yard line hit his receiver right in the hands.

it wasn't Weber's fault that the receiver couldn't catch the perfectly thrown ball right near midfield.

Top Bottom