I know how to end the Adam Weber debate....

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Folks seem to have a strong opinion on Adam Weber. Opinions on young Mr. Weber seem to fall primarily into two groups.

Group A:
He was an above average college QB who fell victim to circumstance (my opinion) or some would say (coaching/poor team play).

Group B:
He sucked to high hell and should have been benched prior to ever arriving on campus (I exaggerate.....slightly).

Since opinions are like A-holes.....everybody has one, why don't we let the folks who are willing to put their livelyhood (as well as millions) on the line have the last word. I recognize they are not always perfect but they know a heck of a lot more than us.

I think it would be fair to say, depending on where/if Adam is taken in the draft; that should determine the type of college career Adam had.

If Adam is drafted between:

Rd 1 - Rd 3
Nobody, be it pro or con had any idea what they were talking about and none of us should ever have another opinion on the abilities of a college football player.....ever!

Rd 4 - Rd 6
The pro Adam Weber group (my group), were correct. The cons should get on their knees and appologize for ever doubting the ability and career of young Mr Weber. Whether he makes a team or not is irrelevant, the NFL at least THOUGHT his college career waranted him being selected. If he is drafted in this spot he will get a signing bonus in the $480,000 - $90,000 range and a 3 year contract surpassing $1,000,000.

Rd 7
Draw, we get to keep debating (I'm being generous, there are plenty who have said it's obsurd to think he will get drafted)...still, all should agree to let others have their opinion).

Free agent or not
The cons win, while he may still win a position on a roster or practice squad, a 4 year starter at the leagues most important position should NOT make it to free agency if a team thinks he can play. The pro Adam Weber folks are all homers (me) and we should bow to the greatness and knowledge of the cons.

So will everyone agree to this? Do you all think this is a fair way to determine who is right or wrong? Thoughts?:cool02:

Fair enough. But Adam Weber stunk for the Gophers...except when Eric Decker was there to bail him out.

I don't get all the love for a guy who couldn't even make a 5-yard pass with consistency, and rarely played well in the first 3 quarters of a game, until garbage time, when he suddenly was unstoppable. If you can't play when the game counts, you're not helping your team.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Gophers won those last two games because excitement was put back into a dead team because M. Gray was permitted to take some snaps under center.

If Weber wins one game as a starting NFL quarterback I promise to eat my words.

Fair enough. But Adam Weber stunk for the Gophers...except when Eric Decker was there to bail him out.

I don't get all the love for a guy who couldn't even make a 5-yard pass with consistency, and rarely played well in the first 3 quarters of a game, until garbage time, when he suddenly was unstoppable. If you can't play when the game counts, you're not helping your team.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Gophers won those last two games because excitement was put back into a dead team because M. Gray was permitted to take some snaps under center.

I think the draft criteria you laid out isn't exactly accurate. If most of the things that were said about Weber from the "anti-Weber" crowd were correct, there is NO WAY any person affiliated with any NFL franchise has any business talking to him, much less ever being drafted.

The argument of "Weber only looked good throwing to Decker" makes me laugh. I know we all love Decker and what he accomplished but let's face it. Last year there were EIGHT other WR's drafted ahead of Decker and on a team that lost Brandon Marshall before the season started (Denver), Decker still amassed a total of 6 catches last year.

In 4 years, Weber basically had Decker and McKnight to throw to. Now that's an impressive array of weapons at your disposal. 4 years, two guys basically above-average at the position to throw the ball to. It couldn't POSSIBLY be that at least some of Weber's inaccurate passes were due to having a corp of receivers that didn't have a frickin' clue what they were doing, eh? Wrong route, wrong cut, wrong shoulder, QB is an idiot, not the receiver?

Classic....

Adam Weber underachieved as Gophers starting QB, that said he has shot in NFL

As a four year starter even with all of the change in coaching, systems, position coaches, Weber's play as a starter regressed or worsened from year 1 to year 4. You could say that some of this had to do with changing systems from the get go, being recruited for one style of offense and being forced to run the spread and all of the changes in personel. All of that stuff played a role in what I consider underachievment, or not reaching full potential. Some of it was self inflicted by bad play, and some poor decisions in taking care of the football. Let's just say all of the losing isn't all on Adam, but it certainly wasn't all on his teamates, or on the level of talent around him either. He wasn't blessed with as strong a supporting cast as you or I or any fans would have liked, yes the line play left a lot to be desired the first couple years, but it didn't make him short hop throws and force throws into coverage, there were some poor choices and plays mixed in that were on his play.

I hope he has a wonderful career in the NFL, he stuck with it, played through injury, tried to lead the team through thick and thin and you have to give him that. He get's the right coach and they might be able to get it out of him.

I have been of the opinion that Weber has NFL athleticism, the ability to play at the NFL level, but did not have a lot of success in college. That lack of success in college doesn't mean he will not have success in the NFL or translate that he has no talent or no shot at it. I think his work-outs for the scouts showed them enough that he has a shot at getting drafted or definately being in camp. Hopefully he get's the right fit and makes it at the next level, any Gophers that do that are good for the Gophers program and chances of future recruiting success.

Your plan stinks and is really a cop-out...Would anyone in their right mind...

agree to something like that????? As far as I am concerned, this whole debate is about how some people are such bashers, mobbers and whiners about a college qb who was given the most horrible treatment by some of the home team fans on the blogs as well as in the stadium. Those people are and were WAY out of line. College athletes should NOT be treated the way Weber was treated. This has NOTHING to do with the nfl draft.

It probably also was about how some people wanted the back-up qb to become the starter. Bash the coaches. Bash even harder the ad and the prexy who hired the failed brewball designer. (THAT is what I did. I didn't like brewster but I BLAMED prexy b and badger joel macturi for setting the whole mess up.) But, do NOT bash Weber. There is NO reason to think you are correct about your assumptions any way. It is only YOUR opinions. What good are your opinions????? Not much good as compared to who ever the coach was. Coaches rule and if you don't like it...quit watching sports, cry babies. We can all root big time for the former back-up who will get his shot this year under much better circumstances than existed last season.

And: to those individuals who try to put down the records that Weber holds, you can all just cry your eyes out about it. Records ARE records. To heck with any of you who put the records down. Hey...in a few decades you people will be lONG GONE, but, those numbers will still be somewhere in the Big Ten Record books.

By the way cndudeordudette: the way it looks to me is that Weber and Decker were a great tandom who KNEW they could trust each other, put the ball into play so that Decker could go get the ball and KNEW the RIGHT routes would always be run so that the qb could put the ball into play for the WR who KNEW how to go get the ball.

Unfortunately, Decker has had lots of injury problems. He couldn't make it through the last two seasons he played...if he had, both HIS records at the U and Weber's records at the U and in the Big Ten record books would be even better and stronger than they are. However, Weber helped MAKE Decker a great receiver just as much as Decker helped Weber's numbers. Those two could play ball together. They were on the same page. They were one hell of a pitch and catch combination.

I think the draft criteria you laid out isn't exactly accurate. If most of the things that were said about Weber from the "anti-Weber" crowd were correct, there is NO WAY any person affiliated with any NFL franchise has any business talking to him, much less ever being drafted.

The argument of "Weber only looked good throwing to Decker" makes me laugh. I know we all love Decker and what he accomplished but let's face it. Last year there were EIGHT other WR's drafted ahead of Decker and on a team that lost Brandon Marshall before the season started (Denver), Decker still amassed a total of 6 catches last year.

In 4 years, Weber basically had Decker and McKnight to throw to. Now that's an impressive array of weapons at your disposal. 4 years, two guys basically above-average at the position to throw the ball to. It couldn't POSSIBLY be that at least some of Weber's inaccurate passes were due to having a corp of receivers that didn't have a frickin' clue what they were doing, eh? Wrong route, wrong cut, wrong shoulder, QB is an idiot, not the receiver?

Classic....

Everything you say would be true but for the fact that even during practices (and I watched plenty of them) when Weber was wearing a yellow jersey he had difficulty hitting receivers on the numbers and in full stride.

Weber's below average throwing accuracy had zero to do with who his offensive coordinator and wide receivers were.

However, I will go along with Sportsfan's proposal. If Weber gets drafted in the first six rounds, I will acknowledge the error of my ways.

Too many bad throws

I witnessed to say that he was a good QB. Will one GM see "something" he likes and thinks they can work with? Probably. He's big, fairly athletic and has a strong arm. The one throw that sticks out to me happened vs. WI at the bank a few years ago. Our first scoring drive, Third and 3 from about the 13. He bootlegs left (in a slight saunter) with no defender around him. The TE (Mcgarry?) has taken advantage of the play action right and is wide open running parallel to Weber about 5 yards away. Easy first down, probably a TD. On a throw I honestly think I could have made, he throws a laser (from 5 yards away) at his feet for an incompletion. Those 4 points ended up being huge. Too many throws like that to make me say he wasn't a good QB, but I still wouldn't necessarily say he was good if he gets drafted late.

"I know how to end the Adam Weber debate...."

So do I...Everone Stop bringing it up. No one's mind/opinion is gonna change anyway, so what good does it do to babble on and on? :blah: :blah: :blah:

Nothing will end the debate. If he gets invited to a training camp, some will insist that NFL scouts know nothing. The same if he is drafted, makes the practice team, or makes a roster. I suppose if he loses in the Super Bowl, there will be those who insist that is proof of how bad he was.

Nothing will end the debate. If he gets invited to a training camp, some will insist that NFL scouts know nothing. The same if he is drafted, makes the practice team, or makes a roster. I suppose if he loses in the Super Bowl, there will be those who insist that is proof of how bad he was.

Your right it won't end. That's because you won't let it end.

I think Mr. Royston's criteria are pretty fair. I also pretty much agree with him about Weber, although I'd lean more toward 6th-7th rounds.

Off topic - but didn't the NFL used to have 8 rounds in the draft? When was the 8th round dropped?

agree to something like that????? As far as I am concerned, this whole debate is about how some people are such bashers, mobbers and whiners about a college qb who was given the most horrible treatment by some of the home team fans on the blogs as well as in the stadium. Those people are and were WAY out of line. College athletes should NOT be treated the way Weber was treated. This has NOTHING to do with the nfl draft.

It probably also was about how some people wanted the back-up qb to become the starter. Bash the coaches. Bash even harder the ad and the prexy who hired the failed brewball designer. (THAT is what I did. I didn't like brewster but I BLAMED prexy b and badger joel macturi for setting the whole mess up.) But, do NOT bash Weber. There is NO reason to think you are correct about your assumptions any way. It is only YOUR opinions. What good are your opinions????? Not much good as compared to who ever the coach was. Coaches rule and if you don't like it...quit watching sports, cry babies. We can all root big time for the former back-up who will get his shot this year under much better circumstances than existed last season.

And: to those individuals who try to put down the records that Weber holds, you can all just cry your eyes out about it. Records ARE records. To heck with any of you who put the records down. Hey...in a few decades you people will be lONG GONE, but, those numbers will still be somewhere in the Big Ten Record books.

By the way cndudeordudette: the way it looks to me is that Weber and Decker were a great tandom who KNEW they could trust each other, put the ball into play so that Decker could go get the ball and KNEW the RIGHT routes would always be run so that the qb could put the ball into play for the WR who KNEW how to go get the ball.

Unfortunately, Decker has had lots of injury problems. He couldn't make it through the last two seasons he played...if he had, both HIS records at the U and Weber's records at the U and in the Big Ten record books would be even better and stronger than they are. However, Weber helped MAKE Decker a great receiver just as much as Decker helped Weber's numbers. Those two could play ball together. They were on the same page. They were one hell of a pitch and catch combination.

Were threats made on Weber's life? Were rocks thrown at him when he left his house? Was forced into exile? Judging from what you wrote something else besides fans being critical of his performance on a football field must have happened.
Did someone try to run him over? Did an angry fan steal his GF?
Let me know when I'm getting close.
Did someone pour sugar in his gas tank? Yeah that's gotta be it.
I must be missing something.
People are criticizing his football ability not him personally.
I have seen people say Gray is too dumb to QB or say that Wills is too fat. That's attacking someone personally and that's too far.
Criticizing someone's football ability happens everywhere across the country and its ten times worse at top tier schools.

Well cjcarter8: I think it really stinks if people bash the players.

In fact it is just another reason why college football is starting to go down the tubes. Auburn and Oregon BOTH should have massive NCAA penalties because of the sleezy programs they run. Most of the programs in the SEC should be going down the tubes. USC cheated it's way to the top then carrol bagged for the pros. OHIO STATE and Tressel are in hot water with the NCAA. Man, this is not going to end well for college football. Just wait until they start uncovering some of the game fixing deals and the players and game officials who have been bought out by the gamblers. Before long, it will be time to shut college football down to force a cleaning up of all the sleeze that is starting to happen in the college game.

Part of the cancer that is eating away at the college game IS the way people trash, bash, mob and smear the college kids playing the game. I say stand up to the abuse that fans are throwing out at the players. It is NOT right. It is downright SICK.

The college prexys around the country had better start cleaning it up and NOT allowing it to happen in and around the stadiums. Throw in drugs and alcohol and the fooball fans become out of control mobs of mindless drunken random bad actors just waiting to run amuck. recall the riots and looting and burning that took place in Dinkeytown after a Hockey NCAA Championship.

Just because SOME people bash players doesn't mean they SHOULD bash players.

So cjcarter8: which players are you gearing up to verbally attack, slam and bash in 2011????? IF you do it you are WAY out of line. I don't give a rip WHAT they are doing at the top tier schools.

; 0 ) ; 0 ) ; 0 )

Weber played with bad arm

I know for a fact that Weber played his Jr year with an injured throwing arm/elbow. I believe that caused some of his bad throws at the feet of the receivers. His Sr year I believe he was still having elbow/arm problems but I don't know that. If you remember his freshman and sophmore years he did not have the same bad throws to the feet of his receivers - that only happened his Jr and Sr years.

In fact it is just another reason why college football is starting to go down the tubes. Auburn and Oregon BOTH should have massive NCAA penalties because of the sleezy programs they run. Most of the programs in the SEC should be going down the tubes. USC cheated it's way to the top then carrol bagged for the pros. OHIO STATE and Tressel are in hot water with the NCAA. Man, this is not going to end well for college football. Just wait until they start uncovering some of the game fixing deals and the players and game officials who have been bought out by the gamblers. Before long, it will be time to shut college football down to force a cleaning up of all the sleeze that is starting to happen in the college game.

Part of the cancer that is eating away at the college game IS the way people trash, bash, mob and smear the college kids playing the game. I say stand up to the abuse that fans are throwing out at the players. It is NOT right. It is downright SICK.

The college prexys around the country had better start cleaning it up and NOT allowing it to happen in and around the stadiums. Throw in drugs and alcohol and the fooball fans become out of control mobs of mindless drunken random bad actors just waiting to run amuck. recall the riots and looting and burning that took place in Dinkeytown after a Hockey NCAA Championship.

Just because SOME people bash players doesn't mean they SHOULD bash players.

So cjcarter8: which players are you gearing up to verbally attack, slam and bash in 2011????? IF you do it you are WAY out of line. I don't give a rip WHAT they are doing at the top tier schools.

; 0 ) ; 0 ) ; 0 )

So is this your announcement that your going on a nationwide crusade to ensure college football players don't get their feelings hurt by fans criticing their football abilities?

If you read my post above I definitely stated that I was against fans attacking the personal life of players.

Also, I noticed that in an earlier post that you stated the opinions of the people that post on here don't matter. If that's true then why are you so concerned with what's said?

By the way, you went down one hell of a slippery slope there.

So instead of being pissed off and actually well coached the last two games, you think the players were jacked up about Q taking a few snaps, and THAT'S why they beat Iowa and Illinois?! Wow.

I chalk up Web's issues to more than just him. Yeah he was inconsistent, his line wasn't.. They continuously sucked. The carousel of coordinators hurt him more than helped, and definitely played a part in his development/play. The only consistency he had was Decker. And the year he didn't have Decker, Weber actually had a pretty decent year.. Better than his prior year WITH Decker.

I wish him the best, even though I honestly don't see him as an NFL starter.

Classic....

Yeah, I'd buy your argument if I hadn't seen with my own eyes how horrible he was at passing the ball. It's not that he missed one, a couple, or a few easy passes over his career. It was that he CONSISTENTLY missed easy passes...passes that would have been completed at least 50% of the time by high school quarterbacks, much less a D-1 QB on a Big Ten team.

Did you ever think that his receivers looked worse than they should have been because he so rarely hit them in stride, in the hands, or at the right time? I'd start to get jittery too if almost every time the ball was thrown my direction the quarterback laid me out. I'd lose my confidence too if every time I was wide open the quarterback missed me; or when I was triple-covered, the QB would inexplicably throw in my direction. The amount of times that Decker and McKnight had to bail out a bad Weber throw just to move the football down the field was astounding.

The Gophers of the past two+ years were poor mentally because of the Brewster-Weber combination. The players weren't being led by either the coach or the QB. I'm not saying that Weber couldn't have been better with better coaches. And I'm not saying he couldn't have been better if surrounded by better players. I'm saying he was horrible with the ones he did play for and with, and he was a major reason for the Gophers' futility over the past few years.

I know for a fact that Weber played his Jr year with an injured throwing arm/elbow. I believe that caused some of his bad throws at the feet of the receivers. His Sr year I believe he was still having elbow/arm problems but I don't know that. If you remember his freshman and sophmore years he did not have the same bad throws to the feet of his receivers - that only happened his Jr and Sr years.

I could buy that. So why was he playing then? He wasn't helping the team.

Note to all the Gopher qb's: You had BETTER be MUCH...

better than the qb that this cndude/dudette character LOVES to try to smear or this cndude/dudette character is going to follow you to all ends of the earth until time ceases to exist trying to bad mouth you. This cndude/dudette character will follow you down til the sound of his voice will haunt you....you'll never get away from the trash that this cndude/dudette character tries to dump on you. So: be good future qb's...be VERY, very good. Any records you set will ONLY count if this cndude/dudette approves.

Note to cndude/dudette: your quite the little dude/dudette, which ever the case may be...

It is time to stop....

I agree with wren. It time to stop smearing Weber. He is gone. Let' concentrate on wren who is still here.:)

I think Mr. Royston's criteria are pretty fair. I also pretty much agree with him about Weber, although I'd lean more toward 6th-7th rounds.

Off topic - but didn't the NFL used to have 8 rounds in the draft? When was the 8th round dropped?

I'm so old I remember when the NFL had a 17-round draft. Given the lockout, I'm surprised they didn't hike the draft to at least 12 rounds this year.

As for your question, I know the number of rounds has been reduced several times, but can't remember the years or the number of rounds eliminated with each decision.

The pro game is different than the college game. Weber has the physical abilities to at least warrant a look at the next level. Whether that's as a late-round (third day) pick or free agent remains to be seen. There are worse guys holding clipboards on NFL sidelines. He gets with the right coach and can get the game to slow down a bit for him, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the NFL.

But that is a separate argument from his college performance, which was both heroic and disappointing at different junctures of his career. I don't want to sound like I'm trying to be the voice of reason, but isn't there a middle ground where Weber's strengths and weaknesses can be discussed without making it all about everything that went on around him?

This has NOTHING to do with Weber's talent...

This is ALL about the unwarrented and needless bashing that some people continue to try to throw Weber's way.

It has EVERYTHING to do with those who could NEVER get over the fact that Weber fended off all challenges by other qb's and held on to the starting qb job through the entire 4 seasons he played after his red-shirt season. This is because no back-up could beat him out. This is because Weber was SO tough that he played through injuries and his coaches could not see fit to hand the ball to any of his understudies. This is because Weber set a hell of a lot of passing records during his time at the U of M and his detractors can NOT stand the fact that the guy they were hyping somehow wasn't impressing the coaching staff during those four seasons.

It is not RIGHT to have those "so-called" fans continuing to try to discredit Weber for the last 2 1/2 to 3 seasons and to try to DIS the records that he holds.

So, just forget about trying to bail out your bashing buddies here mrhead. The record books are MUCH more credible than the bashers. The record books are there to state the record. It is NOT a question of Weber's talent. He obviously HAD enough talent to be they guy the coaches kept handing the ball to EVERY game...EVERY half...EVERY quarter. He was the ONLY qb who was able to function through out ALL of the constant changes in the coaching staff, with the offensive schemes and through all the chaos and turmoil that marked brewball.

Weber holds the records. Nobody could beat Weber out. He was tough enough to stay on the field and played through injuries to himself and to other key players he needed out there. The coaching staff kept handing the ball to Weber. IF you have a problem with that, go after the coaching staff that made that choice. Go after badger joel macturi for even extending that coach and not buying out his contract after 3 years...2 years...after the year brewster went 1-11 and 0-8 in Big Ten play. The program sucked thanks to badger joel macturi and prexy b and ALL the screw-ups that they administered the Gopher Football Program to. The continual changing of the coaching staff and even the offensive philosophies and systems damned the efforts of ALL the kids playing football for the Gophers during that four year period of time. We can blame prexy b and badger joel macturi for totally screwing up the Gopher Football Program from 2007 until they had to fall on their own swords half way through the 2010 season and buy out and FIRE their horrible mistake...that brewster character. You CAN'T blame Weber for that Weber worked hard, was a GREAT representative of the student athletes on the team, played even when injured and NEVER complained about the pathetic fan base some of the "so called Gopher fans" were.

THAT is what THIS is all about mrheadman. You can't tip-toe down the middle of this one. As long as the bashers continue to bash a kid who graduated and is gone from the program they have to be countered, contrasted and refuted.

This is ALL about the unwarrented and needless bashing that some people continue to try to throw Weber's way.

It has EVERYTHING to do with those who could NEVER get over the fact that Weber fended off all challenges by other qb's and held on to the starting qb job through the entire 4 seasons he played after his red-shirt season. This is because no back-up could beat him out. This is because Weber was SO tough that he played through injuries and his coaches could not see fit to hand the ball to any of his understudies. This is because Weber set a hell of a lot of passing records during his time at the U of M and his detractors can NOT stand the fact that the guy they were hyping somehow wasn't impressing the coaching staff during those four seasons.

It is not RIGHT to have those "so-called" fans continuing to try to discredit Weber for the last 2 1/2 to 3 seasons and to try to DIS the records that he holds.

So, just forget about trying to bail out your bashing buddies here mrhead. The record books are MUCH more credible than the bashers. The record books are there to state the record. It is NOT a question of Weber's talent. He obviously HAD enough talent to be they guy the coaches kept handing the ball to EVERY game...EVERY half...EVERY quarter. He was the ONLY qb who was able to function through out ALL of the constant changes in the coaching staff, with the offensive schemes and through all the chaos and turmoil that marked brewball.

Weber holds the records. Nobody could beat Weber out. He was tough enough to stay on the field and played through injuries to himself and to other key players he needed out there. The coaching staff kept handing the ball to Weber. IF you have a problem with that, go after the coaching staff that made that choice. Go after badger joel macturi for even extending that coach and not buying out his contract after 3 years...2 years...after the year brewster went 1-11 and 0-8 in Big Ten play. The program sucked thanks to badger joel macturi and prexy b and ALL the screw-ups that they administered the Gopher Football Program to. The continual changing of the coaching staff and even the offensive philosophies and systems damned the efforts of ALL the kids playing football for the Gophers during that four year period of time. We can blame prexy b and badger joel macturi for totally screwing up the Gopher Football Program from 2007 until they had to fall on their own swords half way through the 2010 season and buy out and FIRE their horrible mistake...that brewster character. You CAN'T blame Weber for that Weber worked hard, was a GREAT representative of the student athletes on the team, played even when injured and NEVER complained about the pathetic fan base some of the "so called Gopher fans" were.

THAT is what THIS is all about mrheadman. You can't tip-toe down the middle of this one. As long as the bashers continue to bash a kid who graduated and is gone from the program they have to be countered, contrasted and refuted.

Man, it is really great of you to take such an vital and important task upon your shoulders.

So what, may I ask, is acceptable for a fan to say when a QB throws 3 picks and no TDs or when a OL consistently misses their assignment or if a DB is constantly getting beat deep?
Because I don't want to come on here next season and get scalded.

wren

Man, it is really great of you to take such an vital and important task upon your shoulders.

So what, may I ask, is acceptable for a fan to say when a QB throws 3 picks and no TDs or when a OL consistently misses their assignment or if a DB is constantly getting beat deep?
Because I don't want to come on here next season and get scalded.

It is time for you to learn what comprehension is. You need to start by reading the above comment 10 times. Now see if you can figure out what cjcarter8 is saying to you. Please Note: This will require actual thinking on your part.

As a four year starter even with all of the change in coaching, systems, position coaches, Weber's play as a starter regressed or worsened from year 1 to year 4.

So in your world, going from 19 INTs as a freshman to 8 INTs as a sophomore and being named second team All Big Ten is regressing.

And going from 13 TDs and 15 INTs as a junior to 20 TDs and 9 INTs as a senior is regressing.

Remind me not to work for you.

This is ALL about the unwarrented and needless bashing that some people continue to try to throw Weber's way...
and refuted.

If you had any analysis ability to back up the pages and pages of pure fiction that you write, you could make a coherent statement.

You're not knowledgeable enough to have an UNMOVEABLE opinion...who cares what you think (who cares what I think), my attempt was to set up an agreed option based on what the EXPERTS think to resolve the issue.

As a four year starter even with all of the change in coaching, systems, position coaches, Weber's play as a starter regressed or worsened from year 1 to year 4. You could say that some of this had to do with changing systems from the get go, being recruited for one style of offense and being forced to run the spread and all of the changes in personel. All of that stuff played a role in what I consider underachievment, or not reaching full potential. Some of it was self inflicted by bad play, and some poor decisions in taking care of the football. Let's just say all of the losing isn't all on Adam, but it certainly wasn't all on his teamates, or on the level of talent around him either. He wasn't blessed with as strong a supporting cast as you or I or any fans would have liked, yes the line play left a lot to be desired the first couple years, but it didn't make him short hop throws and force throws into coverage, there were some poor choices and plays mixed in that were on his play.

I hope he has a wonderful career in the NFL, he stuck with it, played through injury, tried to lead the team through thick and thin and you have to give him that. He get's the right coach and they might be able to get it out of him.

I have been of the opinion that Weber has NFL athleticism, the ability to play at the NFL level, but did not have a lot of success in college. That lack of success in college doesn't mean he will not have success in the NFL or translate that he has no talent or no shot at it. I think his work-outs for the scouts showed them enough that he has a shot at getting drafted or definately being in camp. Hopefully he get's the right fit and makes it at the next level, any Gophers that do that are good for the Gophers program and chances of future recruiting success.

Well thought out response but you're edging..... no team who thinks Adam had an unsuccessful college career will draft him, certainly not in the 4th, 5th or 6th round. This is an average/below averaged sized player with no off the chart measurables who played on some very bad football teams. If he is drafted it will clearly mean that the PROFESSIONALS believe he is the player that some don't. I feel strong enough in my opinion to give those that disagree an advantage by giving up a round (7th). What say you?:)

I'm on your side but who cares about your opinion (mine also), it's put up are shut up time! Let's allow the professionals decide who is correct. If you believe you are correct, man up and stand behind your opinion.

i think the tough thing about weber is more along the lines that brewster stuck with him during the bad and the worse. people are reminded of brewster when they think of weber and that is more of webers legacy than what he actually did or didnt do on the field.

Top Bottom