How many wins needed to not be disappointed in the season?

POL!!! - How many wins to not be disappointed?

• Total voters
I would be (relatively) disappointed if the Gophers lost all 3 of Iowa, Wisconsin, and the bowl game.

8-5 (6-3) ain't "disappointing" but the same old story against our rivals would be very frustrating.
Sure, with that word, yes.

Winning 8-9 regular season games, generally doing a good job handling inferior competition, but not getting over the hump in big games is a place we've been before. Under Kill and Claeys we did it 3 times in a 4 year stretch, and I thought general sentiment on here was that that was a nice step forward from where Brewster was, but isn't something we should be content with.
it can't be the "high" but it can be seasons that happen.

I would be (relatively) disappointed if the Gophers lost all 3 of Iowa, Wisconsin, and the bowl game.

8-5 (6-3) ain't "disappointing" but the same old story against our rivals would be very frustrating.
I'm not too worried about bowl game, but I agree we need to go at least 1-3 to have warm/fuzzy feeling

if 2/3 are WI/IA it's an amazing season
if 2/3 are bowl/wi or IA it's pretty good

and of 3/3 is also amazing

0-3 bit of a let down, but I wouldn't be out with pitchfork

At this point, having lost Mo and Potts, as well as the air attack not at the 2019 level, my expectations have been reduced. The Bowling Green loss has contributed to that as well, especially considering how the Falcons aren't looking like a solid G5 team this year.

With that in mind, getting four more regular season wins, with at least one over a rival, plus a bowl victory would be a success. Not what I wanted at the start of the season, but the running game injuries and the defense continuing to be a work in progress makes me feel like I want to be hesitant in expecting anything above 8 wins.
So... I was being a pessimist when I wrote this. I still have concerns with Mo, Potts and Williams all being out, but from what I've seen, the offensive line is ready to take up the task and the freshmen seem very capable.

I think two more wins is absolutely in the cards, so now I'm pretty much want at least nine wins. Considering the offensive line, experience at quarterback and tough defensive play, I have a lot more confidence in the team. Lots of football left to play, but they really seem to be finding a groove and getting better, similar to 2019.

Nope.

Like I said a few posts ago, the correct answer to the poll, with the actual key word being disappointed and using the actual definition of that word, is 8 plus a bowl win.
Lol.

The "correct" answer??

Top Bottom