Hawkeye nation

your a simple idiot.
Congratulations! You're the 1 billionth person on the Internet to mock someone else's intelligence while exposing yourself as someone of sub-standard intelligence. You win a free oven mitt!

Congratulations! You're the 1 billionth person on the Internet to mock someone else's intelligence while exposing yourself as someone of sub-standard intelligence. You win a free oven mitt!

Is it Mitt, or Mit? Oven Mitt Romney?
I didn't mean to step into the middle of your internet pissing match, just asking...

Schedule

I know they beat them, but wisconsin is better than iowa. What an embarrassment tonight. Way to go Hawks!

I wouldn't really say Iowa beat WI. WI gave that one way. (Iowa couldn't do anything in that game. They scored on a short field after numerous WI turnovers, and WI literally fumbled the ball away inside the 3 yd line while going in for the go ahead TD)

Iowa was all hype and they should have played our schedule. They were made this year by their weak schedule. They barelybeat the injury decimated and Kill-less Gophers at Kinnick, and gave up 35 to us!

This is the problem with our unbalanced schedules in the division system. Iowa played Maryland and Indiana while the gophs played Michigan and OSU. After WI game Iowa and win and they barely got past the Gophers at Home, they played a decent team in MSU, and summarily lost. Then the B1G sends this mediocre team to represent all of us at the Rose bowl. It's a joke.

I wouldn't really say Iowa beat WI. WI gave that one way. (Iowa couldn't do anything in that game. They scored on a short field after numerous WI turnovers, and WI literally fumbled the ball away inside the 3 yd line while going in for the go ahead TD)

Iowa was all hype and they should have played our schedule. They were made this year by their weak schedule. They barelybeat the injury decimated and Kill-less Gophers at Kinnick, and gave up 35 to us!

This is the problem with our unbalanced schedules in the division system. Iowa played Maryland and Indiana while the gophs played Michigan and OSU. After WI game Iowa and win and they barely got past the Gophers at Home, they played a decent team in MSU, and summarily lost. Then the B1G sends this mediocre team to represent all of us at the Rose bowl. It's a joke.

But this is why they play the games. tOSU was the best team in the B1G, but even if they beat MSU, Iowa still probably goes to the Rose Bowl because they would be B1G runners-up if tOSU would have beaten them in the B1G championship. Iowa won the close games this year and had a relatively easier schedule than other teams.

Thank you Stanford for making me love college football again.

Of course the Hawkeyes fans are trying to act like they care about basketball now. LOL.

How about the Stanford halftime show? Funny stuff or went to far?

How about the Stanford halftime show? Funny stuff or went to far?

I would have thought this was funny if the Stanford band was poking fun at our state.

Maybe someday we will match up against Stanford in the Rose Bowl and they will do a Mary Tyler Moore parody.

I was in the car and XM College station was using the play radio play calls from Mississippi vs. OSU, and Stanford vs. Iowa. They used it as bumpers going into segments. The call of McCaffrey's opening catch and TD, and the Punt return for TD. The play call ends with McCaffrey is making Iowa look silly. I think its going to play two maybe three times an hour all day.

They got me all warm and fuzzy by curb stomping Iowa. But every time I even think Stanford now, all I see is that obnoxious d-bag wearing the Stanford hat that incessantly video bombed the post game interviews. And it makes me want to set my face on fire.

Yes, the Hawkeyes lost embarrassingly at the Rose Bowl.

I would still trade their season for any of the 20 I have seen as a Gopher season ticket holder. Dammit.

Can't quite embrace epicaricacy.

I wouldn't really say Iowa beat WI. WI gave that one way. (Iowa couldn't do anything in that game. They scored on a short field after numerous WI turnovers, and WI literally fumbled the ball away inside the 3 yd line while going in for the go ahead TD).

Nebraska also handed them a win. Armstrong was dreadful in that game.

I would still trade their season for any of the 20 I have seen as a Gopher season ticket holder. Dammit.

Good to know, see my name.

They had a very good season but sadly there is no "trading" of seasons.

Noticed that you didn't use Schadenfreude, which means getting please as the misfortune of others. No, you used epicaricacy.

The difference? Joy at the pain of another, especially a friend or loved one

Most of the people here don't consider the Hawkeyes friends or loved ones.

They had a very good season but sadly there is no "trading" of seasons.

Noticed that you didn't use Schadenfreude, which means getting please as the misfortune of others. No, you used epicaricacy.

The difference? Joy at the pain of another, especially a friend or loved one

Most of the people here don't consider the Hawkeyes friends or loved ones.

Sorry, that is just one definition of epicaricacy, which is used in Urban dictionary. Other sources list the word as a synonym for Schadenfreude. In fact, Wikipedia redirects "epicaricacy" to "shadenfreude."

See also wictionary.org.

So there.

But yes, I do have friend who are Hawkeyes. And no, I also did not feel any morose delectation, nor was the game, to me, a Roman Holiday.

But I will admit to hearing the word "epicaricacy" on MPR last summer, and have been waiting for an opportunity to use it since.

After all, if I had a life, would I spend the afternoon of Jan 2 reading the football forum on Gopherhole?

;)

e - p - i - c - a - r - i - c - a - c - y, epicaricacy. Good spelling bee word for grown ups after a few beers. :drink:

Charlie Brown trying to kick a football with Lucy holding.

While I typically take pleasure in the misfortune of Iowa an Wisconsin, I am a B1G fan and therefore hate to see the conference embarrassed on such a large stage.

I grew up in Iowa and therefore have many friends who are Iowa fans. I put this out on FB last night: "Would you rather go 10-2 and win the Outback bowl or go 12-1 and get CRUSHED in the Rose Bowl?" The overwhelming answer was for the latter -- Rose Bowl. I tend to agree. As a Gopher fan, I'm hoping and praying for either scenario in my lifetime. Sad, right?

It was a wierd year in the Big Ten. Iowa had the look of a 8-4 type team and had all the breaks go their way. Ohio State slept walked through most of the season, again, and you get what we had here a couple nights ago. How anyone watched the iowa gopher game and thought Iowa is a top 5 team is dumbfounding

I dont know, getting depantsed on national tv like Iowa can have lasting damage. They were a paper tiger.

My hope is for gopher football to become consistently good and prove it by beating good teams and dominating bad teams.To be elite teams need difference makers. Not necessarily McCaffrey but a few elite players, good depth, and good coaching is an elusive formula not many teams can corral every season.

It was a wierd year in the Big Ten. Iowa had the look of a 8-4 type team and had all the breaks go their way. Ohio State slept walked through most of the season, again, and you get what we had here a couple nights ago. How anyone watched the iowa gopher game and thought Iowa is a top 5 team is dumbfounding

I dont know, getting depantsed on national tv like Iowa can have lasting damage. They were a paper tiger.

My hope is for gopher football to become consistently good and prove it by beating good teams and dominating bad teams.To be elite teams need difference makers. Not necessarily McCaffrey but a few elite players, good depth, and good coaching is an elusive formula not many teams can corral every season.

Although we'd take the next McCaffrey if he was up for it. Just wanted to put that out there...

While I typically take pleasure in the misfortune of Iowa an Wisconsin, I am a B1G fan and therefore hate to see the conference embarrassed on such a large stage.

I grew up in Iowa and therefore have many friends who are Iowa fans. I put this out on FB last night: "Would you rather go 10-2 and win the Outback bowl or go 12-1 and get CRUSHED in the Rose Bowl?" The overwhelming answer was for the latter -- Rose Bowl. I tend to agree. As a Gopher fan, I'm hoping and praying for either scenario in my lifetime. Sad, right?

That coming from a bunch of hawk fans who watched it on TV and turned it off at halftime?

I'd be interested in hearing from the ones who paid 2 grand to go to it. Not saying I disagree with you or them, but being present for that debacle may have an impact on results.

Top Bottom