Gophers Recruiting CB Avante Dickerson Again Now That He's In Portal

They did some due diligence, and didn't like something/s that happened in his time at Oregon. It's over. Time to move on.
I responded to a question someone asked. I am not stuck on Avante Dickerson. My post was like a week old. Going forward I'll make sure to not reply to things you do not like.

I responded to a question someone asked. I am not stuck on Avante Dickerson. My post was like a week old. Going forward I'll make sure to not reply to things you do not like.

I'm late to the thread, and didn't know the background of your post. No harm intended. Peace.

What’s and “uncommittable” offer? I hear that phrase now and again; what’s it mean?
They are interested in you....they recruit you...but you are a backup plan. I'm guessing every program is different....some are upfront about the situation and sometimes it is a complete surprise they don't have a "spot for you right now".
Sometimes they recruit you, watch your games, talk to you but they never have offered you a scholarship. You just assume you could have one if you wanted one but they are not ready or they evaluated you and like somebody else better now.
Lots of scenarios. Helps to have a high school or AAU coach who asks the tough questions for you and he can relay the situation to you.

Last edited:

What’s and “uncommittable” offer? I hear that phrase now and again; what’s it mean?
Like 60's guy said, every school is probably a bit different. I doubt this is covered by NCAA rules.

You'll notice that AD's Tweet simply said that the Gophers offered. Not that he committed. Of course, he could've been deciding between multiple offers at that point (may still be, don't know). That's the rub for fans, how to do you know which it is?

Well, you can let this thread go. This guy has character flaws and will not be going to Minnesota.
Apparently no one wanted to touch him, still sitting in the portal. The other thing with the portal is you don’t really hear about guys being dismissed teams as disciplinary actions much anymore, unless it’s a big news story, they simply “enter the portal”.

Very strange - You feel for a kid that has talent and picks a school for the wrong reasons… Seems like the Gophers have been really consistent in getting our DBs to the league/
Maybe we dodged a bullet?

Top Bottom