Gophers Recruiting CB Avante Dickerson Again Now That He's In Portal

Wowee!

He is recruited as a CB?

Can we envision Avante Dickerson in multiple roles to take advantage of his speed? If you line him up on offense once in awhile...

Still a chance he signs, but maybe wants to take his time and do some visits. I am sure Ortiz and others will push him heavy. Would hate to lose him to Nebraska, but who knows

Go Gophers!!
I think an easy recruiting tactic for Frost or other coaches is to tell Avante there's no way PJ stays for another 4-5 years while Avante would be there. Can point to PJ talking to Tennessee as example of that.

I think an easy recruiting tactic for Frost or other coaches is to tell Avante there's no way PJ stays for another 4-5 years while Avante would be there. Can point to PJ talking to Tennessee as example of that.
Just as likely Frost is fired in a year.

I get it, still a weird sell "Hey he's been good and he might not be there ... I'm sure to be here ... (assuming I don't keep sucking...)."

I haven't been keeping up and only put a half-assed effort into some research, but did PJ actually talk to Tennessee?

Just as likely Frost is fired in a year.
Very true, but if Frost is fired Avante is still in his home state playing with guys he knows. Not as difficult for him I wouldn't think. I'm thinking he's playing more for Nebraska than he is for Frost.

I haven't been keeping up and only put a half-assed effort into some research, but did PJ actually talk to Tennessee?
Sounds like he's 1 of 3 under major consideration. I'm not totally sure as far as where PJ is at but I know he's taken the call from TENN.

I hate it but if he goes to TENN, he's able to pull in 4 & 5 star kids right away (not this year as recruiting has finished but starting next season). Tennessee just puts more resources and has the prestige. I really think Tennessee is a school to win national championships at.

Sounds like he's 1 of 3 under major consideration. I'm not totally sure as far as where PJ is at but I know he's taken the call from TENN.

I hate it but if he goes to TENN, he's able to pull in 4 & 5 star kids right away (not this year as recruiting has finished but starting next season). Tennessee just puts more resources and has the prestige. I really think Tennessee is a school to win national championships at.
Tennessee is facing probation and scholarship reductions due to out of control boosters paying recruits, it’s not a great job right now.

Tennessee is not a step up in their current situation.

sounds like friends in his ear and the problem of never getting to be here on campus. oh well. need guys who want to be here especially is it's going to be a couple years before he'd play as the ones who aren't all in are the guys that transfer out after their first years if they're not playing

sounds like friends in his ear and the problem of never getting to be here on campus. oh well. need guys who want to be here especially is it's going to be a couple years before he'd play as the ones who aren't all in are the guys that transfer out after their first years if they're not playing
Avante visited the U last weekend, and then took a visit to Oregon this weekend.

PJ can take his share of blame for this one. Entertaining Tennessee may have cost him Avante.

Oregon is Oregon. Incredible facilities. Rich donors. And CB coach who recruited him to Minn is now at Oregon.

He isn't staying in Po-dunk Nebraska. Get real.

Best of luck to him out west.

Overall it's a bummer to lose Avante. I thought he was here. PJ woulda done a great job with him too. We'll see how things go out in Oregon. Sounds like Chance clearly made a big difference

Top Bottom