Gophers open as 8 point underdogs at TCU

I hope Kill has been holding back in these first two games.

Hmmmmm......thought it would be a little higher to be honest.

Easy money. Go Gophers!

Might as well wait for the line to swell and pick mn straight up right? Now that'll be some easy money

I will be. Worth waiting to see where it lands since the speedy line shift already.

Might as well wait for the line to swell and pick mn straight up right? Now that'll be some easy money

Remember last year, where I think putting money on Gophs straight up against NU and then letting your winnings ride through the whole 4 game streak would have turned $1 into $80 or so?

One of the Frog Forums brings up an interesting point. How does the relationship between Kill and Patterson play into this? If one of the coaches gets up by more than 2 TDs do they pull back the reigns out of respect for the other coach?
http://www.thefroghorn.com/index.php/topic/4610-tcu-minny-line/
I for one would take the Gophers at -14 and hope for a close game between two evenly matched teams.

I think the spread is about right at -14. I still wouldn't put money down on it.

One of the Frog Forums brings up an interesting point. How does the relationship between Kill and Patterson play into this? If one of the coaches gets up by more than 2 TDs do they pull back the reigns out of respect for the other coach?
http://www.thefroghorn.com/index.php/topic/4610-tcu-minny-line/
I for one would take the Gophers at -14 and hope for a close game between two evenly matched teams.

Don't think either of these guys would try to run it up against the other team but the only way I would see them sitting on a 14 point lead would be if they had a clear advantage on the other team and there was no threat of them mounting a comeback. Otherwise, 14 points is not a ton in football, and can be erased fairly quickly with turnovers and explosive plays.

Back down to -13.5, the Leidner news must've pushed it back in our favor that little bit.

5Dimes has you guys at +400 on the ML. For a 13.5 point spread, you could probably find better elsewhere.

I hope the spread goes back up. I want TCU to take us as lightly as possible, and I want us to have as much incentive as possible.

I hope the spread goes back up. I want TCU to take us as lightly as possible, and I want us to have as much incentive as possible.

We went 4-8 last year, have heard nothing but "see how hard it is in a real conference" for 2 years, are installing a new offense, and have a bye week following the game. We wouldn't take a high school team lightly this Saturday.

We went 4-8 last year, have heard nothing but "see how hard it is in a real conference" for 2 years, are installing a new offense, and have a bye week following the game. We wouldn't take a high school team lightly this Saturday.

After last week’s results, I could see where the TCU players and others might be confused as to whether the B1G is a major conference. But seriously, I can't imagine any team not being 100% ready to go after coming off a bye week and playing an opponent from another major conference. Neither team is going to be taking the other lightly in this one regardless of the point spread.

Top Bottom