Gophers/Northwestern Post-Game Rant Thread

has anyone seen the last 4 games-- we have not improved at all over last year and if our offense keeps this up we may only win 1-2 big ten games-- glad to see you all have jobs where you can stink it up and not be in trouble with your job status. I didn't say this year anyway-- however back to back years of regressing would be cause. I forgot how so many gopher fans are fine with less the average

It is not hot yet but a 1-7 2-6 b10 season and a new ad I would say warm. Hard to see the team being much better next year don't think it is that outlandish that next year he is.

Kill should be disgraced. He made everyone think Croft was not ready and would be a dumpster fire if Croft played.

Considering they threw Croft into the Lions den at 27-0 I think he performed well. Much better than Leidner. No wobbly passes. No passes 10 feet over a receivers head, no happy feet. He was actually comfortable to watch. The complete opposite of Leidner. I'm not saying Croft was amazing in the few plays he was in but he needs more experience in a game.

You also have to remember Croft is a true freshman. It's not out of the question that he feels more comfortable with the offense today than he did just a couple of weeks ago. My guess is it has a lot more to do with understanding the offense than his talent.

Kill - No
Limegrover - Anywhere else in the country Yes....here No

There is no way he is fired this year but it definitely puts the spotlight on showing vast improvement next year. How quickly he has fallen as this team is getting more Brewster like each game. Limegrover should be removed as OC and their recruiting needs to step up as the "coaching them up" strategy is not working

bwahaha. is this dude for real?!

And I am not saying fire him mason was 4-7 in year 5 and then won 8 and 10 games. However I had very low expectations for this year and we lose a ton of two deeps on d next year. Yeah schedule is softer but next year is going to be a rough one again. They just don't have playmakers or the lines (offensive and defensive) to win.

Either a Juco or a graduate transfer...

Everyone knew our QB situation. We would have offered a chance to compete for a starting job in the Big Ten with a very good defense (can't put the 27 points on them when the O isn't doing a thing).

How on earth did we not get someone in here?

Who should they have gotten?

I'm in no way blaming Croft. I'm blaming Kill. Of course the more you practice with the offense the more comfortable you should be.

My point is Jerry has some sort of mental block or something. Croft didn't magically get comfortable enough to play today in the 4 quarter down 27-0. Just what I saw today he is more accurate, better pocket presence etc. So based on that what the heck took Jerry so long to pull Leidner?
That is not acceptable.

You also have to remember Croft is a true freshman. It's not out of the question that he feels more comfortable with the offense today than he did just a couple of weeks ago. My guess is it has a lot more to do with understanding the offense than his talent.

D line play was a joke. No penetration. It's hard to find a silver lining on this one...

please stop while you are WAY behind. this thread is ridiculous.

Because why would a QB want to play here? The play calling is awful, no QB is going to want to transfer to such a situation. Unless they LOVE the 1 yard passes, there is literally nothing to sell to a transfer qb besides playing time, which if any other school is interested in a juco/transfer it would mean they have playing time themselves.

So two 8 win seasons and build him an altar? This year will likely finish with 4 or 5 wins and next years 3 or 4 his seat should not be hot? He has shown an inability to change or recruit dynamic playmakers in the passing game. (Qb or wr). The program is trending downward currently.

Dude was playing against prevent defense, it wasn't even close to the same game. Comparing the two's play today is stupid as all get out.

No it's not. FLA is correct. Croft performed well and it's obvious he throws the ball with sig more touch than Leidner.

has anyone seen the last 4 games-- we have not improved at all over last year and if our offense keeps this up we may only win 1-2 big ten games-- glad to see you all have jobs where you can stink it up and not be in trouble with your job status. I didn't say this year anyway-- however back to back years of regressing would be cause. I forgot how so many gopher fans are fine with less the average

Don't know too many jobs where you show progress for four years, then struggle for five weeks, and your job is all of a sudden in jeopardy.

No one is fine with less than average. Please stop with that nonsense. Its just a little premature, that is all.

So two 8 win seasons and build him an altar? This year will likely finish with 4 or 5 wins and next years 3 or 4 his seat should not be hot? He has shown an inability to change or recruit dynamic playmakers in the passing game. (Qb or wr). The program is trending downward currently.

Thank you Nostradamus. If that happens, then yes, his seat should be hot.

my God, stop being so obtuse man. who in the eff said build kill an altar?! meanwhile you are writing essentially mindless diatribes based on the rest of this year (after ONE freaking conference game!) and all of next year (which mind you is STILL over one year away). please stop typing.....you are just embarrassing yourself dude.

Dude was playing against prevent defense, it wasn't even close to the same game. Comparing the two's play today is stupid as all get out.

They were definitely still blitzing when Croft was in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No hot seat, my God folks. Relax. Every program takes steps back. No team in the Big ten has offense as its calling card this year. Look around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cause Jerry decided Mitch was the guy who was going to be the first major building block of the program, after watching him go 11-22 in a bowl game loss. That game gave Jerry enough evidence to name him the starter for the next couple years, and Jerry was going to stick with him as long as he could.

How did we fail to bring in a transfer QB

Who would come into a program with a Team that returned it's junior starting QB?

No hot seat, my God folks. Relax. Every program takes steps back. No team in the Big ten has offense as its calling card this year. Look around.

Exactly. That 10-6 Ia-wi game sure was a barn burner. Maryland was a zip last I saw, Purdue scored late but had nuthin' at half. People need to relax. Things will get better because they have to, Jerry didn't all of a sudden forget how to coach. It's obviously a down start to the season but fix a few things, get some players back and things can change in a hurry.

Croft was not playing against prevent D until the last drive, I think. The NU DBs were playing to preserve a shutout.

That said, to compare his performance in a quarter or so of basically garbage time (down 4 TD) to Leidner's is ridiculous. Yet it is very common to do when the backup QB comes in.

Leidner does not seem very good. That is true. I don't doubt that Croft may be the future. He runs well but NU was more than happy to let him have some yards on the ground when time was running short. His passes were tight but 3 of them were practically picked off (DB had 2 hands on the ball). I don't think Croft is necessarily a better option to manage a game to victory this season.

Either a Juco or a graduate transfer...

Everyone knew our QB situation. We would have offered a chance to compete for a starting job in the Big Ten with a very good defense (can't put the 27 points on them when the O isn't doing a thing).

How on earth did we not get someone in here?

I hate this argument so much - as if there are hundreds of graduate transfers that are good QBs and we just didn't look. I'd rather play Croft.

I hate this argument so much - as if there are hundreds of graduate transfers that are good QBs and we just didn't look. I'd rather play Croft.

Don't you know we had our choice of 8 QBs who are much better than Leidner? You just have to find that JUCO/Transfer tree and pick who ever you want.

I don't think Croft is necessarily a better option to manage a game to victory this season.

Does that really matter at this point? How many wins do you feel this team has in them this season? If Mitch's ceiling is getting us to 6 wins and an invite to the Armed Forces Bowl, then I'd rather see them boot this season and develop the offense for the future.

Our putrid offense: where does the blame fall??

Rank the following 1-4, with one being the person/unit you blame the most: Jerry Kill, Mitch Leidner, Matt Limegrover, our O-line.

And feel free to chime in on how you fix the problem, both for this year and more importantly beyond.

My rankings:

1) Limegrover
2) Kill
3) Offensive Line
4) Leidner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom