Gophers/Northwestern Post-Game Rant Thread

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Instead of multiple rant threads, we are going to consolidate into this thread. We may leave some post-game threads on their own if they aren't just ranting.

I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my day instead. Good day to all of you.

Went to my sons football game and listened on the radio. Turned it off after 3q because I was so disgusted. Inexcusable effort in year 5.

Besides the obvious problems on offense, what makes me most frustrated is that this team doesn't seem to have any attitude. Where's the toughness, swagger, excitement, and discipline.

It's not a typical Kill team.

I don't get it.

My rant: That ****ing sucked!

Nothing else to really say.

Besides the obvious problems on offense, what makes me most frustrated is that this team doesn't seem to have any attitude. Where's the toughness, swagger, excitement, and discipline.

It's not a typical Kill team.

I don't get it.

Our Defense does at times. But I'm sure watching the O go 3 and out a bunch of times saps the **** out of any confidence you may have had seeing as you're in for a looooong ass day.

With my first post, I am going to say:

Ugh... I'm glad I wasn't around to watch it on TV.

NU is better than I thought. We aren't as good as I thought.

That's my rant.

That was just ugly all the way around. Will be interesting to see how the "all is well crowd" spins this one in their efforts never to say anything bad about the coaches or players.

The play of the offense today shouldn't surprise anyone after what we saw against Kent State. Not sure how we fix it at this point but somehow it has to get better or we are toast in the Big Ten.

My freshly mowed lawn looks nice.

Can't wait to see how badly the second half went. Obviously not good.

We should have more scholarships open at the end of the season given the frustrated players leaving. Can't imagine anyone on offense has confidence in Limey's playcalling ability anymore.

Kill should be disgraced. He made everyone think Croft was not ready and would be a dumpster fire if Croft played.

Considering they threw Croft into the Lions den at 27-0 I think he performed well. Much better than Leidner. No wobbly passes. No passes 10 feet over a receivers head, no happy feet. He was actually comfortable to watch. The complete opposite of Leidner. I'm not saying Croft was amazing in the few plays he was in but he needs more experience in a game.

Kill should be disgraced. He made everyone think Croft was not ready and would be a dumpster fire if Croft played.

Considering they threw Croft into the Lions den at 27-0 I think he performed well. Much better than Leidner. No wobbly passes. No passes 10 feet over a receivers head, no happy feet. He was actually comfortable to watch. The complete opposite of Leidner. I'm not saying Croft was amazing in the few plays he was in but he needs more experience in a game.

Dude was playing against prevent defense, it wasn't even close to the same game. Comparing the two's play today is stupid as all get out.

How did we fail to bring in a transfer QB

Either a Juco or a graduate transfer...

Everyone knew our QB situation. We would have offered a chance to compete for a starting job in the Big Ten with a very good defense (can't put the 27 points on them when the O isn't doing a thing).

How on earth did we not get someone in here?

Ditto all of this.

Wouldn't really call my next statement a rant, but rather an expression of resignment. The team was fully exposed today for what it is: not very good. This defense has more than enough to give the team a chance to win games. But the offense is so awful that the defense is already beginning to get worn down. This offense is the worst I've seen in almost 30 years of being a fan and it's going to cost this team what could have been a pretty good season. Bottom line, this team is in big trouble and is probably going to struggle to even make a bowl game.

This Oline sucks. They need to get healthy and fast. Pirsig back to RT? Croft is going to have some serious ups and downs as a true freshman so we need to keep him on his feet and give the rb's some lanes to run in.

Dude was playing against prevent defense, it wasn't even close to the same game. Comparing the two's play today is stupid as all get out.
saying he was playing against a prevent defense is stupid as all get out

Hotseat yet?

There is no way he is fired this year but it definitely puts the spotlight on showing vast improvement next year. How quickly he has fallen as this team is getting more Brewster like each game. Limegrover should be removed as OC and their recruiting needs to step up as the "coaching them up" strategy is not working

Because Leidner is clutch, not to mention a winner. We don't need anyone else, he has the highest winning percentage ever, he's that good.

I'm not saying Croft was amazing in the few plays he was in but he needs more experience in a game.

Agreed. I still believe this team can get to a bowl game but that's not the most important thing. It's time to develop Leidner's successor. There will be a lot of defensive starters gone next year but at least at least the team can start developing the future offense now.

This is ridiculous! How many games have we won the past few years? Good lord go away!

Our OL is a mess. (Our DLs not much better). Wish we had not burned cofts shirt. A freshman behind that line has no chance.

might be able to get Charlie Strong on the cheap

but, no

Top Bottom