Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

I genuinely hope I'm wrong and you're right. This is what I was told by someone close to a team member but a source close to a 19-20 yr old isn't that reliable (even if on the team). I'm so hopeful Evans commits to us.
just before Nolan announced his decision, didn't someone say they spoke with Carrington and Carrington thought Nolan would be a gopher? Heck, didn't Nolan think he would be a gopher until near his decision date?

"And down the stretch they come. this looks like it could be a photo finish. bettors, hold onto your tickets......."

Time and time again people claim to know what these kids are thinking. It’s often times someone selling subscriptions or someone acting like an insider. The way Evans has managed his recruitment to date, likely no one knows. We’ve seen both sides predicted and of course one of those will be right and they’ll pound their chest, but I’d be shocked if those that claim to know, truly do.

He’d be a huge pickup for either program.

Here’s to the U Dennis!

Go Gophers!!

TCU isn't even a basketball school. It has to be Minnesota - Big Ben - GO BIG - Go Gophers. Dennis, say no to those horn toads, {whatever their name is} and be a Golden Gopher

Reusse: ‘I have inside information that Reid Travis will be a gopher’. That was the official end of the newspaper era being the leading edge in sports info.

The latest scuttlebutt out of dinkytown is not positive. Fingers crossed….
Doogie echoing what I was referring to early this week on the SKOR north podcast yesterday. Discussion about Evans starts around 22 minute mark. Cites money he’d get to go to TCU as a driving factor.

Second again? If it’s financial it makes you wonder how can we compete? But there’s still a chance so I’ll keep kidding myself.

Second again? If it’s financial it makes you wonder how can we compete? But there’s still a chance so I’ll keep kidding myself.
Buying players makes me wonder how much longer I will even follow the Gophers. I've lost all interest in college sports in general...with the same sleazy teams winning all the time. There is zero chance that I'd ever donate to a Sleaze Fund.

If it was about the money, he would be still considering schools like USC, UCLA, Louisville etc. His AAU coach, who also coached Henley, said the same thing that Evans really doesn't care about the NIL money. He cares more about a coach that will push him hard and one that will personally work with him, which Ben would.

It sounds like TCU put together an NIL package for sure. That hasn't been a thing of interest to Evans throughout his recruitment, but obviously when a person sees the actual numbers in front of them, it's going to give pause. Human nature with any lucrative job offer.

That said, still feeling pretty solid about this going our way come Monday!

It is important for Evans to note that NIL money can come at any time. If Gophers start winning this year or next ,there will be a lot of opportunities for even more NIL monies as compared to what he may get with a great season(s) at TCU. This town just needs the match to be lit and help remind people how powerful Gopher basketball can be.

If the guy wanted money, he would ditch the Gophers/TCU and completely open up his recruitment.

I don't like the play from TCU to offer NIL, smells like desperation to me....

Let's go Ben & Co.

If it was about the money, he would be still considering schools like USC, UCLA, Louisville etc. His AAU coach, who also coached Henley, said the same thing that Evans really doesn't care about the NIL money. He cares more about a coach that will push him hard and one that will personally work with him, which Ben would.
You beat me to it. Right with you here.

It is important for Evans to note that NIL money can come at any time. If Gophers start winning this year or next ,there will be a lot of opportunities for even more NIL monies as compared to what he may get with a great season(s) at TCU. This town just needs the match to be lit and help remind people how powerful Gopher basketball can be.
My understanding is that they are now telling players, that NIL money opportunities are available, but that they cannot be promised as part of recruiting. There will be plenty of opportunity here for Evans and I am becoming more confident about our approach to it, in the right way.

Buying players makes me wonder how much longer I will even follow the Gophers. I've lost all interest in college sports in general...with the same sleazy teams winning all the time. There is zero chance that I'd ever donate to a Sleaze Fund.
I’m giving double and doing it under “MNjay” so you’re culpable for the downfall of college athletics.

WE may not see post #298 from Golden Boy if your info is correct.
Lol I'm happy to never post again if I'm wrong. I love the Gophers and want Evans to commit to us. Literally sharing what I heard from someone who is on the team. News like BJ/Jenkins visiting him is a sign that my source is off the mark. Go Gophers!

If Golden 13's info was correct, Ben wouldn't have gone to Cali yesterday. Jamie Dixon was there too, so that tells me that the decision hadn't been made.
Yes, he would have. Don't give up till the fat lady sings.

Top Bottom