Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

I still have to believe he wants to be a Gopher.

Like when the Wild were the favorite to sign Nick Foligno cuz his brother was on the team, or every local recruit stays home
Because they are near their family, etc.

Or how Davante Adams chose to leave Green Bay and the best QB in the NFL because with friend and college QB (Carr) played in Vegas?

There are instances of both that can be true.....but him having his best friend and former teammate here is A POSITIVE. Basically.....your point is bad and you should feel bad.

Or how Davante Adams chose to leave Green Bay and the best QB in the NFL because with friend and college QB (Carr) played in Vegas?

There are instances of both that can be true.....but him having his best friend and former teammate here is A POSITIVE. Basically.....your point is bad and you should feel bad.
I’d feel more confident if Minnesota was located in Vegas.

Yeah this class actually looks very nice with Betts, Christie, and Evans, arguably the best since 2009, though still no “point guard of the future” after not getting Holloman or Pierre in 2022, or Chatman for 2023, if you think that’s important, versus continuing to get ball handlers out of the portal. Ending up with just Betts and Christie just feels a little light on players, even though I expect both will be starting by their junior year, if not as sophomores.

Yeah this class actually looks very nice with Betts, Christie, and Evans, arguably the best since 2009, though still no “point guard of the future” after not getting Holloman or Pierre in 2022, or Chatman for 2023, if you think that’s important, versus continuing to get ball handlers out of the portal. Ending up with just Betts and Christie just feels a little light on players, even though I expect both will be starting by their junior year, if not as sophomores.
Ben says Christie is a PG.

Reactions: sal

Need this guy for momentum if nothing else. So far there has been alot of negativity in regards to recruiting, especially regarding in state guys. All of that is forgotten if we get a 5 star center like this.
Fans may need this, but I don’t know about if this would have an effect on future recruiting. They will get a season where they need to show improvement and that they can win. That will carry more weight and help continue to get 2024 recruits and beyond

This would just be an awesome recruiting win for us, and really impressive stuff from Ben.

Knock on wood, I'll be jacked if he announces us Monday.

He has probably come to a conclusion. Man, hope it’s here. Put in the work and in a couple of years he can be shredded like TT. (Never thought I would say that.) Fingers crossed.

Not trying to squash hopes but I’ve been told he committed to Dixon and will announce Monday.
Have no clue how good your sources are but seems odd to wait if he has in fact already committed. The one tweet says he is doing it on his instagram account so it isn't like it is some big ceremony at his school or anything like that.

Until there is something official we have a chance.....guess we see what happens in a couple of days.

Have no clue how good your sources are but seems odd to wait if he has in fact already committed. The one tweet says he is doing it on his instagram account so it isn't like it is some big ceremony at his school or anything like that.

Until there is something official we have a chance.....guess we see what happens in a couple of days.
I don’t disagree with your point. My source is from someone on the team, not as if it’s him or his mom/dad. Some kids make a decision and aren’t in a rush to announce that day. Also bodes well if he’s taking a few days to gut check the decision. I’m a long time reader and rarely post but putting out the one rare thing that was shared with me. I hope the source is wrong or he has a change of heart. Go Gophs!

Not trying to squash hopes but I’ve been told he committed to Dixon and will announce Monday.
If this was ancient Rome, you'd be getting stoned by the villagers. :)

When he left his visit without committing, I figured that was the writing on the wall. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Part of me thinks we'd be seeing little TCU Crystal balls....I'm keeping the faith

I don’t disagree with your point. My source is from someone on the team, not as if it’s him or his mom/dad. Some kids make a decision and aren’t in a rush to announce that day. Also bodes well if he’s taking a few days to gut check the decision. I’m a long time reader and rarely post but putting out the one rare thing that was shared with me. I hope the source is wrong or he has a change of heart. Go Gophs!
Mod on the TCU 247 message board says he talked to someone close to Evans and he is leaning MN. Guess we'll see who is right.
WE may not see post #298 from Golden Boy if your info is correct.

Mod on the TCU 247 message board says he talked to someone close to Evans and he is leaning MN. Guess we'll see who is right.
I genuinely hope I'm wrong and you're right. This is what I was told by someone close to a team member but a source close to a 19-20 yr old isn't that reliable (even if on the team). I'm so hopeful Evans commits to us.

I genuinely hope I'm wrong and you're right. This is what I was told by someone close to a team member but a source close to a 19-20 yr old isn't that reliable (even if on the team). I'm so hopeful Evans commits to us.
A member of which team?

Top Bottom