Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

Interestingly enough, the overall optimism and outlook on the other board regarding Evans appears to be vastly different than this thread.
Not a subscriber…anything they are basing it on other than Ryan James’ two week old article?

I think moreso it means he’s confident in his commitment to either us or TCU. Doesn’t need to wait. I like guys like that.

We need to put our very best foot forward here to get big Dennis to Minnesota. I can't take the trash talking I'm going to get from my brother-in-law a TCU grad. Whatever that last push entails, it needs to be done. Go Gophers!

We need to put our very best foot forward here to get big Dennis to Minnesota. I can't take the trash talking I'm going to get from my brother-in-law a TCU grad. Whatever that last push entails, it needs to be done. Go Gophers!
Well, there's this thing called NIL if you're brother-in-law is an insufferable asshole. Just saying:)

Reactions: JDP

MNPLS (or whatever his stupid screen name was) is Gophers_4life. Not to say that he couldn't also be running the MNJay user name (the terribleness of the posts certainly merit the suggestion), but it doesn't seem likely.

This is true. Gophers_4life doesn't even try to hide it anymore. (they did at first)

MNJay is probably a PBU though the style and comments are definitely familiar.

Confusing post here- you neither mention which board you're referring to nor if the outlook is more pessimistic or optimistic than this one.

Sorry, I should have clarified but assumed that people on here think of GI as the "other board". And the tenor of the thread was quite negative when I posted that, so I figured it was easy to deduct that meant it was optimistic on the GI board.

As long as Henley is here....I don't see how we aren't still the favorite. Anonymous sources or "scuttlebutt" aside.
Like when the Wild were the favorite to sign Nick Foligno cuz his brother was on the team, or every local recruit stays home
Because they are near their family, etc.

There's a very, very good chance he picks Minnesota next Monday. His buddy is on the team, and he enjoyed his official. He's just a quiet kid who doesn't offer much on social media, and to this point hasn't shown much interest in NIL that TCU can offer. RJ keeps things close to the vest on GI when a kid is picking the Gophers, he likes to let them have their moment. When it's solid that a recruit is not picking MN, he gets it out there.

I'm picking Evans to be a Gopher.

There's a very, very good chance he picks Minnesota next Monday. His buddy is on the team, and he enjoyed his official. He's just a quiet kid who doesn't offer much on social media, and to this point hasn't shown much interest in NIL that TCU can offer. RJ keeps things close to the vest on GI when a kid is picking the Gophers, he likes to let them have their moment. When it's solid that a recruit is not picking MN, he gets it out there.

That is an interesting take/observation, but it implies RJ has any credible information haha.

He definitely does
He may, but he’s also in the business of selling hope to fans before any decisions have been made. Weren’t they wrong about Winter throughout the entire process (I truly don’t know for sure if that’s the case but recall some confidence exuded on Twitter throughout the process).

Thanks for the optimism.

Top Bottom