Gophers aggressively pursuing former 5 star DB from OsU

Two to the Big Ten....one to Illinois. Strange.

Well, hopefully we can make a strong push for this OSU kid. Either way, I feel confident PJ will upgrade the depth at DB before we get into summer workouts.

Well, hopefully we can make a strong push for this OSU kid. Either way, I feel confident PJ will upgrade the depth at DB before we get into summer workouts.
Getting the Ohio State kid would be great, especially since I am sure he could provide some insights on the strengths and weaknesses of some of their WR and their new QBs. Could provide some valuable insight for that opening game.

Why is it strange? An Alabama cast off is going to be attractive to most places since pretty much every kid they sign is an elite athlete in high school.
I think it's strange because an Alabama cast off should have better options. In a way I'm happy for Illinois because I'd love to see them beat Nebraska in the opener.

I think it's strange because an Alabama cast off should have better options. In a way I'm happy for Illinois because I'd love to see them beat Nebraska in the opener.
Since when did going to a Big Ten school become a significant downgrade?

My guess would be he took a look at their depth and felt he could make an impact there. Don't know anything about the specific player either in terms of where he might be from or if he has any ties to the area.

You phrased your question in a way that makes it too general to answer. Is going to tOSU, PSU, WI, Michigan, MN, Iowa a significant downgrade? No. Is going to a program that is in the weaker division of the B1G and at the bottom of said division with no clear path to success a different story? Yes. Plus I didn't even say "significant downgrade", you added those words yourself.

I was just expecting players like that to go to programs like ours, and our departures should look to Illinois, MSU, etc.

You phrased your question in a way that makes it too general to answer. Is going to tOSU, PSU, WI, Michigan, MN, Iowa a significant downgrade? No. Is going to a program that is in the weaker division of the B1G and at the bottom of said division with no clear path to success a different story? Yes. Plus I didn't even say "significant downgrade", you added those words yourself.

I was just expecting players like that to go to programs like ours, and our departures should look to Illinois, MSU, etc.
I dunno, it's clear that if you put up big numbers you can still get drafted. He may be thinking "I'll be a starter immediately, and even if the team is losing I can still show I'm NFL worthy".

I dunno, it's clear that if you put up big numbers you can still get drafted. He may be thinking "I'll be a starter immediately, and even if the team is losing I can still show I'm NFL worthy".
That could be it too. I guess if I was thinking like that, I'd go G5 and start right away and compete for a good bowl. To each their own.

This is definitely a MplsGopher post. Fits the pattern to a T.

My guess would be he took a look at their depth and felt he could make an impact there. Don't know anything about the specific player either in terms of where he might be from or if he has any ties to the area.
Ask the heavily favored 2019 Auburn Tigers in the Outback Bowl what they think of the Gophers in the Big Ten.

That victory alone probably put the Gophers on the map as a probable transfer landing spot.

One of the posts was an incoherent discussion regarding folding the Men's Basketball Team to make MORE money. Yep. It's him.
He's trying to change it up some a little. Not posting in every forum anymore but yeah....same guy.

3 days, 17 posts. Math checks out.
That is funny. But I'm not him/her. I just genuinely liked that person's content on the football board. Just coincidence that I created the account at the time MplsGopher was banned.

Seriously though, is 6 posts per day out of the norm? Granted, I'm bored at work, but I generally see the same dozen or so people on here all the time.

One of the posts was an incoherent discussion regarding folding the Men's Basketball Team to make MORE money. Yep. It's him.
I'm glad someone read it. It was the last post on the page, so I figured most people just went to page 2 without reading the end of page 1.

But you paraphrased it wrong, I didn't suggest that we shut down the program to make more money, I wanted to take money spent on MBB and throw it at football so we can keep giving PJ and staff more raises and more recruiting budget.

...and unlike MplsGopher, I'm happy to keep Nebraska in the conference so a) we can thump them every year and b) they stay down. If they head back to the little 12, they might actually start winning some games.

He's trying to change it up some a little. Not posting in every forum anymore but yeah....same guy.
Yeah, he posted some weird stuff in the WBB board. He is such a creepy dude that you can tell it's him from a single post.

Yeah, he posted some weird stuff in the WBB board. He is such a creepy dude that you can tell it's him from a single post.
What the f is with you??? What was "creepy" about my post complaining about the sexism in the question I needed to answer to sign up? It was a legit question/concern and even the Gopherhole admin said it was a good call out.

Is that really "creepy" or are you just trying to use a bunch of adjectives to describe me, like when you called my bb post incoherent, even though you never said what was wrong with it.

Look, if you don't like the poster whose username I used as part of mine username, good for you. But get a life man. You've got MplsGopher Derangement Syndrome.

Also the wanting Illinois to beat Nebby comment, and the "look I'm back" moniker choice.

Also the wanting Illinois to beat Nebby comment, and the "look I'm back" moniker choice.
Holy crap you guys need a life. I think Nebraska fans are delusional and them being in the dumps helps us, right? We go after some of the same high school athletes. At a minimum, would Riley Malhman have gone there if they were a 3-4 win team each year? So their losses benefit us. Also, if BB has success at Illinois, it's slightly possible he could start snatching up some of those lineman that would otherwise go to WI since he's looking for the exact same players. WI will still get the better ones, but he could mess with their depth a little bit.

But hey, if you guys want to read through all my posts and put them under a microscope and try to prove I'm MplsGopher, well, MplsGopher is probably laughing his/her arse off at you fools.

At a minimum, would Riley Malhman have gone there if they were a 3-4 win team each year?
Considering Mahlman didn't go there after a 5-7 year or whatever they were, I think we can safely say, "no" to that one.

Wrong year where the top-ranked OL prospect in MN went to a B10 West rival (ouch).

What the f is with you??? What was "creepy" about my post complaining about the sexism in the question I needed to answer to sign up? It was a legit question/concern and even the Gopherhole admin said it was a good call out.

Is that really "creepy" or are you just trying to use a bunch of adjectives to describe me, like when you called my bb post incoherent, even though you never said what was wrong with it.

Look, if you don't like the poster whose username I used as part of mine username, good for you. But get a life man. You've got MplsGopher Derangement Syndrome.
What you posted on that board wasn't creepy. It's creepy that you get booted from the board and then return to the board with a new user name pretending to be someone else.

Your post in the bb board and the wbb board was just incoherent babble. It wasn't creepy just obviously you.

Considering Mahlman didn't go there after a 5-7 year or whatever they were, I think we can safely say, "no" to that one.

Wrong year where the top-ranked OL prospect in MN went to a B10 West rival (ouch).
Sorry, I didn't follow this. Either I don't know enough about Nebraska or enough about Mahlman. Either way, I'm a part of this thread going off-topic, although I guess there isn't much left of it anyway until we hear a yes/no on the Ohio State CB.

Is there a deadline to join a new team in order to play for that team in 2021? Or is it variable, like as long as you're on the roster before that team's first game?

What you posted on that board wasn't creepy. It's creepy that you get booted from the board and then return to the board with a new user name pretending to be someone else.

Your post in the bb board and the wbb board was just incoherent babble. It wasn't creepy just obviously you.
That's just it, it isn't me. I guess I can understand the suspicion, considering how many people put him on ignore and recommended others do the same. But I actually liked his contribution and keeping the message boards rolling. And yeah, I chose this name on purpose, but when I thought it up I didn't even know he was banned.

So my post about the sexist question I had to answer was incoherent babble? Please explain. Honestly, please do. It seems you're just taking a cheap shot there, so either tell me why that question was "incoherent babble" or admit you just wanted to take a cheap shot.

That's just it, it isn't me. I guess I can understand the suspicion, considering how many people put him on ignore and recommended others do the same. But I actually liked his contribution and keeping the message boards rolling. And yeah, I chose this name on purpose, but when I thought it up I didn't even know he was banned.

So my post about the sexist question I had to answer was incoherent babble? Please explain. Honestly, please do. It seems you're just taking a cheap shot there, so either tell me why that question was "incoherent babble" or admit you just wanted to take a cheap shot.
This isn't possible.

This isn't possible.
I don't understand. Before gopherhole created the politcal off-topic board and banned the stuff from the sports boards, it was obvious what side of the fence he/she was on politically. So it would make sense that roughly half the board would not like him/her.

The only thing I saw regarding MplsGopher on the sports boards (after the poilitical board was created) was people complaining that he has to put his two cents in on every topic. Now for me, it wasn't bothersome because I was only reading the football board and his posts didn't seem overwhelming. But I suppose if you are reading all the boards here and he's posting in all of them, I could see that.

Top Bottom