Gopher Softball 2022

Do not have a lineup in front of me and Leavitt pitching.
#2 out LF
#25 out RF
#7 single
#26 Cannon out ss to 2b

A&M scores 6 in their half, Gophers gonna go three and out. Same problems all season long.

This is what has driven me to cut my posts this year.

#23 M Smith - strikeout
#3 Koko Wooley - deep infield hit goes to 2nd on SS Error
#22 C Baker - Dbl over Jensen's head, Wooley scores
#24 M Herzog - Dbl off Chavez glove, Baker scores
#8 Grace Uribe PH - single up the middle runners on corners
#2 R Wiggins -single up the middle both Herzog and Uribe score
#25 H Lee - out to CF
#7 - Katie Dack - HR both Lee and Dack score
#26 Cannon - out to 2B

TX A&M take lead 8-6 heading to bottom of 6.

Jensen - out
Espalin - Dbl hard hit ball bounced over SS
DenHartog - dropped third strike runners on corners
wild pitch and Espalin scores with DenHartog to second
Evans - strikeout
Dray - walks on 4 pitches
Dowell - full count and unassisted chopper to first

End of 6 TX leads 8-7

Tough game, tough season, not over, yet has been a tough season to follow along with a tough regional.

Smith - single another ball just inside the third base line
Wooley - laid down bunt...runners on 1st and 2nd
Baker - sacrifice bunt....runners advance to third and second
Herzog - walk...bases loaded with 1 out
Uribe - single up the middle with Wooley and Baker scoring..Herzog and Uribe both out in rundowns

Going to bottom of 7th Gophers down 10-7

Last edited:

This team wasn't good enough. Period. Time to look in the mirror and decide what they want to be going forward.

Strelow - out ss to 1b
Kinch - strikout swinging
Chavez - hit to 2b and on after dropped ball by 1b
Jensen - Chavez almost out in a rundown (why I don't know) strikeout

End of game.

Last edited:

Disappointing. Sad that they couldn't hold a big lead. Seven runs should win almost all games.

Another dissapointing season for Gopher Softball. Piper Ritter needs to figure this out or her HC tenure is gonna be cut short.
Ya know… not really. Almost all the Big Ten teams went out of the NCAA tournament today (Saturday).

I fear most casual Gopher softball fans don’t fully understand that Texas A&M is a very talented SEC team. There is no shame in losing to Texas A&M out of the SEC.

Ya know… not really. Almost all the Big Ten teams went out of the NCAA tournament today (Saturday).

I fear most casual Gopher softball fans don’t fully understand that Texas A&M is a very talented SEC team. There is no shame in losing to Texas A&M out of the SEC.
Could you give a quick rundown of who lost out and who's remaining? I can't keep track. As for losing big leads, the Gophers' pitching just has to get better next year, big time. The TV announcers were saying lots of positive things about the Gophers, including how bright their future is, but by the end they were pretty quiet. The thing that stood out most was how good A & M's tall left-handed pitcher was, and she's only a freshman.

Could you give a quick rundown of who lost out and who's remaining? I can't keep track. As for losing big leads, the Gophers' pitching just has to get better next year, big time. The TV announcers were saying lots of positive things about the Gophers, including how bright their future is, but by the end they were pretty quiet. The thing that stood out most was how good A & M's tall left-handed pitcher was, and she's only a freshman.
NCAA has an up to date bracket. https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/softball/d1/2022

Texas A & M got clobbered 20-0 today. I'm not so sure if we would like to have been on the receiving end of that one should we also had gotten clobbered.

Texas A & M got clobbered 20-0 today. I'm not so sure if we would like to have been on the receiving end of that one should we also had gotten clobbered.

I would have preferred to have had the chance.to get clobbered! Having fun watching some other games. FSU vs Miss St is a good game.

Top Bottom