Gopher softball 2021

Agreed that the BIG is not a strong conference and if you have any recruiting and pitching you can remain at the top. They do need to find a way to get the talent to be displayed on the field in big moments.
Piper is a GREAT person - but as a recruiter her skills are limited and I would say several B10 schools/coaches have an advantage over her.
Michigan. Northwestern. Illinois. Iowa. Nebraska. Ohio State to name a few.

And that is just to get B10 kids. What about Big 12, PAC 12 and SEC level recruits? How will she compete? Not an easy job….

What about Big 12, PAC 12 and SEC level recruits? How will she compete?
Slow your role there on that critique. I mean... that’s just not gonna happen.

We just have to compete on recruiting with our Big Ten peers. And honestly I am WAY optimistic on Jessica Oakland and Addison Leschber, very optimistic on Emily Leavitt, Kayla Chavez, and Sydney Schwartz, and optimistic on Brynn Hostettler. We have some potential players coming in over the next couple years... such as they can be judged as 16-17 year olds.

But of course, losing Partain and Fiser will hurt.

Embarrassing tonight. What a way to represent the U of M. The Gophers played like a high school team on defense and were helpless at the plate. The lack of offensive production matched the indifferent performance in game 4 vs. PSU. I saw no visible sign that they had any true desire to win vs FSU. Fiser pitched a complete game, gave up only 3 runs, but clearly had no chance of winning, as in several other games this season. I don't think the raw talent is lacking, but something else is. This inept approach at the plate started in 2020 under Trachsel and continues in 2021 under Ritter.

Don’t count these Gophers out yet! The Super Seniors and skilled players should rise to the occasion today, and have a good chance of getting to Sunday. Most NCAA coaches will tell you day 1 of the tourney can be difficult. Look for a more desperate, emotional and different mindset day 2.

Here's hoping the Gophers come out today with a much needed "fire" in them. They are in the NCAA Championship for a reason, but now they need to show everybody why. Show all your fans and mainly yourselves that you can enjoy the moment and play Gopher softball.

I want to see a sense of urgency from these players. As we are all aware, for some it could be their last time in the Maroon and Gold.

Yesterday, I felt I was watching a team just going through the motions.

Yesterday, I felt I was watching a team just going through the motions. 4EverAGopher

You're right, but yesterday wasn't the first time that has happened this season, as posters here keep pointing out. To and including 2019 the Gophers had teams with fire and drive.

So much Gopher negativity on these posts. Many of these same players were part of the WCWS team in 2019. And many have made monumental accomplishments in their careers. Win, lose or draw today or tomorrow, join me in acknowledging their achievements which will be historic for the program.

Michigan scored just 2 runs yesterday, but their Senior pitcher threw a no-hitter. Read what Carol Hutchins said about hitting in the NCAA tourney, especially in the first game.

Fresno first two runners 2nd and 3rd but strikeout for first out

Arizona 8-0 in second vs Jamie and Katie's Ole Miss team, so unfortunate

Couple of long singles game is tied 1 -1 top of 7. Followed by a long out and then another deep out. Going to bottom of 7.

I have all ESPN channels thru Xfinity and I pay for ESPN+ every month and I can’t these games on my iPad. Yesterday I had to go to my computer to watch the Gophs when fucking Trachsel’s game went long, and now today again I can’t get at ESPN 3 or + or whatever it is on my iPad again and it’s irritating me to no end.

it’s not your problem and you don’t care, but I’m just saying
When I have this problem, I go to Gopher Sports, look for softball, hit watch and it brings it up on my laptop.

2 runs off LBSU error on double play and good slide / missed call at home

Michigan over 16 Washington
Liberty over JMU - both beating Tenn
Oregon over 12 Texas - and games will get chippy
Georgia over 13 Duke - missing their best hitter
3 Alabama - but clemson keeps it close
Louisiana over 7 LSU
So far you are doing quite well with these predictions...well done!

I like seeing the upsets. The talent is greater and spread to more teams, which makes for exciting games of high quality softball.

Denhartog is our only reliable hitter that's a terrible terrible decision to bunt

Huge fan of the double steal attempt by Denson. It didn’t work out, but I like the try.

So nice to see Fiser pitching a great game. We all know when your team scores runs it can only help your pitcher's game.

Do we play again tonight, if we win? Thougt that was what I heard. Is Pease there and able to pitch?

So nice to see Fiser pitching a great game. We all know when your team scores runs it can only help your pitcher's game.

Do we play again tonight, if we win? Thougt that was what I heard. Is Pease there and able to pitch?
We play 30 minutes after this game.

As I have been saying for weeks now; the Pease question is THE question for this program this year. I just don’t know about her arm health.

Low pitch count and only couple stressful batters for Amber won't affect her arm very much

Low pitch count and only couple stressful batters for Amber won't affect her arm very much
It looks to me like she has been steady in the 66 range in the ESPN speed gun this game. Seems like she is saving stuff for later tonight. She is usually 2-3 mph faster.

Bats are warmed up and believe their confidence is restored. Go get em gals!

Top Bottom