Gopher softball 2021

rowdaboat

Reaction score
I'd put Fiser in once top of their lineup comes back around

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Ball clearly didn't bounce like she thought it would, but I would think you need to cover it a little better as these aren't professional baseball stadiums as to the ground. Perhaps I'm wrong about that.

rowdaboat

Reaction score
Ball clearly didn't bounce like she thought it would, but I would think you need to cover it a little better as these aren't professional baseball stadiums as to the ground. Perhaps I'm wrong about that.
Yeah needed to get her body in front to at least deflect for a single, footwork was lacking

#2Gopher

Reaction score
She is cruising on the mound. Hopefully she'll get through the 7th unscathed thereby saving the others.

Gopherfan365

Reaction score
Pease needs to pretend she is not in her home of Southern California (Easton Stadium being it’s absolute Mecca in softball) and just relax and get her change-ups working to get us tomorrow to go against UCLA.

Softball is entertainment. And I want to be entertained tomorrow by softball.
Athletes are people too, not just entertainment. Also think Pease threw solid.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Huge fan of the double steal attempt by Denson. It didn’t work out, but I like the try.
I love the idea but the execution was poor. Denson left 3rd when the ball was already at 2nd. She had no shot. She should know better than that.
I thought she was a big recruit but I really haven’t been impressed.

Gsbfan10

Reaction score
Big mistake by Fresno not intentionally walking Denhartog
She is cruising on the mound. Hopefully she'll get through the 7th unscathed thereby saving the others.
I was looking forward to that. Piper was guilty of over coaching by bringing in Fiser to “start” the 7th. Better to leave Pease in who was crusing and then bring in Fiser if Pease gives up a couple hits. Fresno hits speed better and just came off a 3-run rally off Garcia. It turned out ok but changing just to change to me made no sense with 7-8-9 coming up.

ClassOf98Gopher

Reaction score
Athletes are people too, not just entertainment. Also think Pease threw solid.
Of course they are people. I don’t know them... but I would be willing to bet that they will be even more entertained tomorrow...actually playing the game.

I thought my banal statement of excitement for them winning tonight and then, as result of that win, playing again tomorrow against UCLA was a universal truth among Gopher fans.

ClassOf98Gopher

Reaction score
I bet UCLA with throw Megan Faraimo against us in game one (leaving Garcia as their insurance for game two against the Gophers). Faraimo is basically the same pitcher as Michigan’s Alex Storako, who we hit so well against a couple of Sundays ago. The Gopher coaches could anticipate that likelihood and use that game plan.

Now if we get Garcia instead... I got nothing. Pray, maybe.

rowdaboat

Reaction score
I bet UCLA with throw Megan Faraimo against us in game one (leaving Garcia as their insurance for game two against the Gophers). Faraimo is basically the same pitcher as Michigan’s Alex Storako, who we hit so well against a couple of Sundays ago. The Gopher coaches could anticipate that likelihood and use that game plan.

Now if we get Garcia instead... I got nothing. Pray, maybe.
UCLA offense didn't do much until 8th when pitcher ran out of steam. Defense needs to be perfect since a win would likely be 3-2 score

4EverAGopher

Reaction score
Fell asleep, sorry I am not as young as I use to be, to wake up to the most exciting throw to home plate I've witnessed this season for sure. Then watching Strelow topping it off with a two run dinger, which made it easier to breathe.

Not sure what is going to happen today, the odds are not in our favor. I just hope (again) that they go out and play the best softball they can and enjoy the moment.

I am very happy for this team and the Gopher softball program. Now, let's see who will step up their game today. We will need a few of those.

GringaGopher

Reaction score
Tough match up today unless we draw Faraimo. Time for somebody not named DenHartog or Partain to get hot. Announcers will be typically thinking it's over before we play so would be great to pull off the upset. Go Gophers !

Top Bottom