Gopher Potential Portal Pursuits

Not impressed with the next set of visits.
That depends on what you are recruiting for, assuming Christie is coming back you are looking for a backup at the 3, you aren't going to get a top recruit as a backup without high NIL. It seems you have significant playing time for a PG or combo guard so I would agree that I am not impressed with that position. Hard to tell the 5 position but you should be able to get someone that will compete for the job. See how it shakes out in the next week or so.

Do you think he believed Hawkins would leave after a year? Even when Hawkins was going beyond expectations do you think Hawkins ever intimated he would leave? Do you think when Hawkins said "I am staying" Ben said "yeah right!"? Every coach has to assume every player is looking to leave if the price is right especially at a school like ours.

No offense my Sane but you are living in a dream world.
No, I believe Hawkins changed his mind and CBJ believed him before and after he changed his mind.
If I am living in a dream world, I am very pleased with my success in it.
I get fooled occasionally by people who are very good at it, but I am smarter the average dumbass.

That depends on what you are recruiting for, assuming Christie is coming back you are looking for a backup at the 3, you aren't going to get a top recruit as a backup without high NIL. It seems you have significant playing time for a PG or combo guard so I would agree that I am not impressed with that position. Hard to tell the 5 position but you should be able to get someone that will compete for the job. See how it shakes out in the next week or so.
Need to be going hard for starting C in the big ten and starting PG and their are plenty out there, but plenty we lost to schools we should have been able to compete with too.

Rigsby to me is more bench behind hopefully Christie. Mitchell to me is more backup C/PF material. Fox I think will be best used as 6th man off the bench even though deserves to likely start.

Get this guy and the Hawkins loss doesn't really mean anything.

A line up of:
PG: Patterson/Asuma
SG: Mitchell/Rigsby
SF: Christie
PF: Garcia/Fox
C: Mitchell/Edmonds

Would actually be pretty good IMO. 3 of those guys aren't officially back/on the roster, but I'd be pretty happy with that outcome, and would be a step in the right direction, and on paper is better than last year's roster IMO.

Need to be going hard for starting C in the big ten and starting PG and their are plenty out there, but plenty we lost to schools we should have been able to compete with too.

Rigsby to me is more bench behind hopefully Christie. Mitchell to me is more backup C/PF material. Fox I think will be best used as 6th man off the bench even though deserves to likely start.
Mitchell is 4th rebounder nationally, but is Gopher backup material?
I didn't realize Gophers were that strong at 4/5!

Thanks for the info. I thought the player was from MN, but didn't know about his father's involvement with MN Prep. Lu'Cye would be a heck of a get IMO.
Seems ripe for an NIL opportunity with Matt's Bar....

A line up of:
PG: Patterson/Asuma
SG: Mitchell/Rigsby
SF: Christie
PF: Garcia/Fox
C: Mitchell/Edmonds

Would actually be pretty good IMO. 3 of those guys aren't officially back/on the roster, but I'd be pretty happy with that outcome, and would be a step in the right direction, and on paper is better than last year's roster IMO.
Might be able to list Odukale as wing depth behind Christie if he in fact visited and decides to commit.

Might be able to list Odukale as wing depth behind Christie if he in fact visited and decides to commit.

I say we go after the native son who just entered the portal instead. See above.

Take Patterson, one of the forwards who are interested, and close the offseason.

Forgot about him. I know there was some interest in him. I think he'd be a solid add off the bench. Id trust him a little more than Betts/Grove.

I say we go after the native son who just entered the portal instead. See above.

Take Patterson, one of the forwards who are interested, and close the offseason.
At this stage it seems more likely that we receive than take. Not a lot of room to be fussy.

Frank Mitchell is almost certainly our starting Center.

Happens to everyone
I'm confused by this reaction....this Tweet was put out by the basketball team right? It's not like Patterson put out the Tweet and changed his mind 4 days later (ala Hawkins)......rights?

at 6 ft 8 that is not a very tall Center? Be interesting to see what all ends up.

Sure, it'd be better if Mitchell was 6'11", but there really aren't any starting quality Center's that size that we could get. Our old Center Pharrell Payne's only an inch taller than Mitchell at 6'9". With no Zach Edey, the league got a lot smaller this season as well.

Top Bottom