Gopher Potential Portal Pursuits

That news wouldn't come soon I don't think. Entering the transfer portal would.
Yeah.....assuming there are still some rules in place I believe that if Christie doesn't put his name in the portal by May 1st and then decides to withdraw from the draft at a later date, his only option to be eligible for the 24/25 season would be to play for us.

Actually this would make sense. Ben is no-doubt furious about losing the very-good team he put together.

It's highly likely that he threatened to leave. Take a new job or even just resign.
Ben should absolutely resign. :cool: Clearly Gopher fans don't appreciate his 15-44 record so he should take his talents where they are appreciated. Is Montana State open?

We’re all dead inside anyway. Nothing can affect us.
So true! I have accepted Ben as the HC forever and rest knowing the kids are good student athletes and Ben is trying to win games.

Ben entered the portal and he was offered the HC job for the Phoenix Suns for the rest of the playoffs.

Ben should absolutely resign. :cool: Clearly Gopher fans don't appreciate his 15-44 record so he should take his talents where they are appreciated. Is Montana State open?
For another head coaching position, Ben would need a non sports fan high school principal to look at his resume and go this is our guy. Ben then wins the the interview and boom he has a new head coaching job.
As the hire is announced a small line of players parents forms outside the school offices trying to undo whats been done. Principal says he didn't know. "We'll see how it goes" and says, "Mark Coyle likes him. And you know, H e's a famous athletic director."

For another head coaching position, Ben would need a non sports fan high school principal to look at his resume and go this is our guy. Ben then wins the the interview and boom he has a new head coaching job.
As the hire is announced a small line of players parents forms outside the school offices trying to undo whats been done. Principal says he didn't know. "We'll see how it goes" and says, "Mark Coyle likes him. And you know, H e's a famous athletic director."
Listen to everyone here. All saying Ben's a bum and it's crazy-talk that he could ever get another job.

He a competitive guy. Player and coach. I'm sure he's FURIOUS that he inherited nothing...went through 3 rough years of recruiting & building a VERY GOOD TEAM...that just got decimated.

When it's finally time to prove the loudmouth naysayers wrong...the team gets decimated.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's looking for another job. Or threatened to resign.

Listen to everyone here. All saying Ben's a bum and it's crazy-talk that he could ever get another job.

He a competitive guy. Player and coach. I'm sure he's FURIOUS that he inherited nothing...went through 3 rough years of recruiting & building a VERY GOOD TEAM...that just got decimated.

When it's finally time to prove the loudmouth naysayers wrong...the team gets decimated.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's looking for another job. Or threatened to resign.
How many of the players from Pitino had committed elsewhere when Ben was hired? Not buying one but that he inherited nothing.

How many of the players from Pitino had committed elsewhere when Ben was hired? Not buying one but that he inherited nothing.
The point still stands.

When it's finally time to prove the loudmouth naysayers wrong...after listening to this kind of crap ^^^ for 3 years...his very-good team leaves for money.

I wouldn't stick around just to be the fall-guy for the administration.

I put my first ever person on ignore, it's going to be a good week! 😆

MN sports is hot now. Maybe we are due some good gopher bball news.

I put my first ever person on ignore, it's going to be a good week! 😆

MN sports is hot now. Maybe we are due some good gopher bball news.
You're in the business of selling hope. That it's all the coach's fault. Without such a bum as coach, we'd be successful.

Anyone normal would get sick & tired of the constant non-stop incessant piling-on and denigrating of Coach Johnson.

The point still stands.

When it's finally time to prove the loudmouth naysayers wrong...after listening to this kind of crap ^^^ for 3 years...his very-good team leaves for money.

I wouldn't stick around just to be the fall-guy for the administration.
That depends. Is your point that Ben chose to not recruit those players back or that those players chose another school because they didn’t like Ben’s message?

Man you are delusional. And comical, because I get a good laugh at all your saying.

Man you are delusional. And comical, because I get a good laugh at all your saying.
This is actually group-delusion in here. Constructing a Boogeyman in your minds to avoid reality.

And I'm actually not kidding.

But yeah it's okay. It's just entertainment.

This is actually group-delusion in here. Constructing a Boogeyman in your minds to avoid reality.

And I'm actually not kidding.

But yeah it's okay. It's just entertainment.

If you think Johnson has other coaching options or is going to resign, you're either dumb or trolling. If you're trolling props, because it is funny. If you're not trolling...well...

If you think Johnson has other coaching options or is going to resign, you're either dumb or trolling. If you're trolling props, because it is funny. If you're not trolling...well...
He absolutely 100% has to be looking at his options. And jumping at a decent opportunity.

There might be a head coaching opportunity at a top smaller school. That appreciates the truth about how Ben identified talent and assembled a good team here. 9-11 in the Big Ten looks good to a smaller school.

And bolting before being the official fall-guy for the administration is good.

Since a single player can transfer in and the out in the same year (see Gopher football; see Elijah Hawkins) maybe Ben is being more selective scouting the portal for players who are committed to staying here after they transfer to Minnesota.

Since a single player can transfer in and the out in the same year (see Gopher football; see Elijah Hawkins) maybe Ben is being more selective scouting the portal for players who are committed to staying here after they transfer to Minnesota.
See Jaylen Varner, Gopher football player, who transferred in before Spring Practice and transferred out after Spring Practice.

You might be right because it doesn't seem like he's tirelessly recruiting.

Top Bottom