Go Kentucky?

This is really good way for this game to end, would be one thing to lose by 5-10pts, its another to lose like this, now they have to watch as all the media will be replaying that final shot that beat them, not sure I'd be able to handle it. Props to them though, went farther than I thought they would go. They will be hard to beat next year, but its hard to go back to back years into the final 4, even if your entire team is coming back, just ask Wichita State.

Also Kamisky and Dekker would not be able to handle playing the positions they play now at the next level. They just don't have the toughness on the defense end. Dekker has much better chance than Kaminsky because he has a chance to make it as a 3 at the next level, but I don't see him being anything more than a bench player at the next level. For what he was rated out of high school, he really hasn't performed as well as people are giving him credit for, but yeah congrats on the final 4 run, can't wait until pitino gets us there. For their sakes, I'd stay away from the tv and social media for the next few days if I were a badgers fan.

Wichita State lost two seniors from their FF team last year.

I unfortunately live in Wisconsin right now. But a buddy and I went and bought some Kentucky shirts before the game. Went to a bar to watch the game... of course we were the only 2 there pulling for Kentucky. Shirts and bar tab aside... $95 well spent.

Why should I go to their board?

Thankfully most gopher fans aren't so petty like you.

True. However, Badger fans on the other hand are some of the most petty people on the planet, which might explain the reaction of a few folks in this case.

What a petulant little child. Did he laugh it off and say it was OK since he got away with a walk, so things kind of evened out? People on this board grow tired of EE's whining to the refs. I'd like to know if Badger fans feel the same about Jackson. I'd ask one of them, but it might be awhile before they make an appearance here again. Funny, if that shot goes in, there's a dozen Badger fans here running their mouths within 10 minutes.

I am not a huge fan of Jackson. I really think that a starting line up with Bronson, Gasser, Dekker, Hayes, and Frank would be better next year with Dukan, TJ, and Vitto coming off the bench.

anyone notice how wide open kaminsky was under the hoop on the last play, easily had enough time to pass it to him for the easy layup, but as badger fans like to say, trae is the only one with guts to take the last shot :rolleyes: (more like only one selfish enough to put himself ahead of the team)

watch the last play, am I wrong about how open kaminsky was?

anyone notice how wide open kaminsky was under the hoop on the last play, easily had enough time to pass it to him for the easy layup, but as badger fans like to say, trae is the only one with guts to take the last shot :rolleyes: (more like only one selfish enough to put himself ahead of the team) watch the last play, am I wrong about how open kaminsky was? YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VpocT8HfXck

Same exact thing happened against Arizona in regulation. Jackson pulled up for his elbow jumper while Kaminsky was under the basket guarded by a PG. Jackson is awful IMO. if he isn't allowed to basically punch defenders with his off hand he'd never see the court.

anyone notice how wide open kaminsky was under the hoop on the last play, easily had enough time to pass it to him for the easy layup, but as badger fans like to say, trae is the only one with guts to take the last shot :rolleyes: (more like only one selfish enough to put himself ahead of the team)

Yikes, you could drive a truck through that passing window. Makes it all that much sweeter.

I don't know, Harrison has him picked up at half court (about 4.2 seconds) and is really smothering Jackson from there until he takes the shot (at 1.6 seconds). Kaminsky is wide open in the lane at about 3.1 seconds, but by that point Harrison is in Jackson's jock and there's no chance to make a pass underneath.

Yeah. That's a tough, risky pass. Even if he got it there, he'd have to throw it off the glass pretty quick. He ended up with a pretty decent look anyways.

ehh... don't think its as difficult as you guys think, his issue as someone pointed out on the bucky board was he kept his head down and was dead set on taking the last shot, D1 pg should be able to make that pass if they see it (need to keep your head up as a player), and regarding time, the buzzard didn't go off until after the ball hit the rim, so I'm sure he could have gotten it time. Don't understand why at end of game situations coaches do away with team basketball and instead turn it into pickup game situation with most coaches calling for one on one situation to end games. There was 6 seconds left in the game, enough time for a few passes, remember the ball moves faster through the air than by dribbling it up court, and this isn't a knock on badgers only, since its the same thing all over the world of basketball including the nba, "give it your best player and let them try to create their own shot." Team ball got you where you are, so why give up on that?

I said right after the game that if Jackson timed it right, the alley oop to Kaminsky was WIDE open and there was enough time to do it.

I said right after the game that if Jackson timed it right, the alley oop to Kaminsky was WIDE open and there was enough time to do it.
I get the feeling that if all 5 Kentucky defenders were sitting in a circle at half court, Jackson would still have taken the shot. He wasn't passing no matter what the circumstances.

I know you're just here to be a dick and troll your rival's message board because when your team is playing in the Final Four, there's clearly nothing better to do, but this illustrates my point when it comes to the whole "Go Big Ten, go Wisconsin" thing. Sure beating good teams is cool and all, but the better the teams you're playing are, the harder it is to beat them. Getting to play the previous year's national champion next year would be kinda cool, but as this jimmie rustler pointed out, we did not beat Wisconsin 2 or 3 times this year. The opportunity to beat a good team is nice, but playing teams that are really good, better than your own team, means you're more likely to lose those games as well.

The weaker the Big Ten is, the easier it is for the Gophers to win it. A Big Ten title is a Big Ten title regardless of how strong the conference is. We lose more games when the conference is stronger, and Wisconsin winning a national championship is bad for the Gophers.

Moron, I love the gophers. I can still like another Big Ten team and wish them well. I am impressed by your attitude about a strong or a weak conference. Can tell you are a real competitive person. You must have lost a lot of ring-around-the-Rosie in grade school. Why don't you petition the gophers to join the weakest conference in the nation so you can feel strong and smart if they are victorious in say a Mid-Major conference?

Moron, I love the gophers. I can still like another Big Ten team and wish them well. I am impressed by your attitude about a strong or a weak conference. Can tell you are a real competitive person. You must have lost a lot of ring-around-the-Rosie in grade school. Why don't you petition the gophers to join the weakest conference in the nation so you can feel strong and smart if they are victorious in say a Mid-Major conference?

It's okay to like other big ten teams, but can't understand how true gopher fan can like the badgers. I do agree though I'd rather win a title in a tough big ten than a down one, then win the conference tourney to further validate it. This is probably childish, but when I hear sconnie's rouser I like to yell **** when they say on, has a nice jingle to it. :)

Somewhat agree. Except that not every Minnesota recruit is also looking at Wisconsin, a Badger win is good for the conference, and if WI won if I was a Gopher player next year I'd love playing and kicking the national champ's a-- twice next year, maybe three times.

Sorry, that first attack was not aimed at you, it was aimed at the other poster I quoted, who, based on reading his 12 or so posts on this site, most of which are pro-Wisconsin, I assume is a Badger fan. I didn't mean to question your Gopher fandom.

I still don't want to see the Badgers win a national championship, which fortunately for me I didn't have to. Any other Big Ten team winning it all, except for probably Iowa, I would be totally okay with, and I would cheer them on in the championship game. The Big Ten will likely always be a strong conference, with about half the conference or more making the tournament in most years, so I'm not really worried about the Big Ten becoming an also-ran as a conference at this point. If we get to the point where the Gophers are regularly winning the Big Ten and I'm not impressed or satisfied by it, maybe then I'll start cheering for Wisconsin in the NCAA tournament.

While moving the Gophers to the Summit League or some conference where they have more than a 50% chance of winning the conference each year seems lame to you, cheering for our Big Ten rivals (Wisconsin more than most other Big Ten teams) to win national championships, which they can then use to out-recruit us and out-class us on the court does not appeal to me. You don't want to see the Gophers win a weak conference, I don't want to see the Gophers get buried in a super strong one. I don't mean to sound pessimistic about our future, but currently I think we're closer to getting stuck at the bottom end of the conference than having a cakewalk to the conference title every year. To make a Big 12 analogy, I think we're closer to being TCU than Kansas, though we're not very close to either, and hopefully trending toward the Kansas end of the spectrum under Pitino. Which also makes me wonder, do Kansas fans tire of winning the Big 12?

Sorry again about the misunderstanding at the start of my last post. Ski-U-Mah!

Is anyone else seeing Kentucky 2014 championship ads on this site? It's a fanatics.com ad, and they're advertising Kentucky championship clothes. For example, a hat that reads something like "2014 National Champions". Oops.

Is anyone else seeing Kentucky 2014 championship ads on this site? It's a fanatics.com ad, and they're advertising Kentucky championship clothes. For example, a hat that reads something like "2014 National Champions". Oops.

Those were clearly meant to run on fan boards in Angola where they'll ship the UK champions t-shirts and hats.

Sorry, that first attack was not aimed at you, it was aimed at the other poster I quoted, who, based on reading his 12 or so posts on this site, most of which are pro-Wisconsin, I assume is a Badger fan. I didn't mean to question your Gopher fandom.

I still don't want to see the Badgers win a national championship, which fortunately for me I didn't have to. Any other Big Ten team winning it all, except for probably Iowa, I would be totally okay with, and I would cheer them on in the championship game. The Big Ten will likely always be a strong conference, with about half the conference or more making the tournament in most years, so I'm not really worried about the Big Ten becoming an also-ran as a conference at this point. If we get to the point where the Gophers are regularly winning the Big Ten and I'm not impressed or satisfied by it, maybe then I'll start cheering for Wisconsin in the NCAA tournament.

While moving the Gophers to the Summit League or some conference where they have more than a 50% chance of winning the conference each year seems lame to you, cheering for our Big Ten rivals (Wisconsin more than most other Big Ten teams) to win national championships, which they can then use to out-recruit us and out-class us on the court does not appeal to me. You don't want to see the Gophers win a weak conference, I don't want to see the Gophers get buried in a super strong one. I don't mean to sound pessimistic about our future, but currently I think we're closer to getting stuck at the bottom end of the conference than having a cakewalk to the conference title every year. To make a Big 12 analogy, I think we're closer to being TCU than Kansas, though we're not very close to either, and hopefully trending toward the Kansas end of the spectrum under Pitino. Which also makes me wonder, do Kansas fans tire of winning the Big 12?

Sorry again about the misunderstanding at the start of my last post. Ski-U-Mah!

Thanks for clearing that up.

I have been a gopher fan first for 4 decades. I grew up in Minnesota. My respect for other Big Ten teams is my love for the game and respect for the conference other teams live in with Minnesota. I can hate Bo Ryan and the Badgers and other Big Ten teams when they play Minnesota but pretty much only then.

Top Bottom