GAME #7: Gophers (5-1) v. Arkansas (3-1) [ESPN2, 1:00PM]

Thats what I was thinking too. One bad half this year and all hell breaks loose on here

Well I don't know what you've been watching, but we have had way more than one bad half. Often the bad half is disguised by a good half though.

That Rakeem Buckles decision by the NCAA is going to haunt us for the whole season.

This team is going to lose a lot of games unless they learn how to play M2M half court defense. At least to switch it up a bit. You can't press and zone all day long against good teams.

Can catch a bounce pass, doesn't get blocked every time he attempts an inside shot, and can grab a few boards. May not seem like much, but it's sure as heck better than what King's been doing.

Well I don't know what you've been watching, but we have had way more than one bad half. Often the bad half is disguised by a good half though.

I wouldn't say we've had anything even comparable to this half.

There should be a chance here at the end. Gonna be incredibly difficult, but Arkansas going into Tubby tortuise shell offense trying to stall and protect lead. Refs also not calling anything.

Make an adjustment! They are breaking the press in 4 seconds every time.

Well at least every Gopher player is ready to play offense in the NBA!

This team is going to lose a lot of games unless they learn how to play M2M half court defense. At least to switch it up a bit. You can't press and zone all day long against good teams.

Exactly. Arkansas is tearing our zone defense to shreds. Got to be willing to make adjustments.

As a side note, this may be the worst defensive effort I've ever seen a Gopher team give. Absolutely atrocious by everyone.

Did the entire team, except Malik, eat bad tuna on the plane?

Regardless, am very optimistic about Coach Pitino but parts of this season may hurt a bit.

They are dog tired. Fatigue is definitely an issue. Hollins has no legs.

As Charles Barkley would say, "Andre Hollins has been turrible". It's worrisome how our star hasn't stepped up at all these last few games. I think he'll turn it around and get back on track one of these games though.

Amazing how blessed we were with size and athleticism at the forward last year and how much less so this year. This is a train we saw coming from pretty far down the track. During the season last year we were talking about how Oto was going to have to start next year.

Did the entire team, except Malik, eat bad tuna on the plane?

Regardless, am very optimistic about Coach Pitino but parts of this season may hurt a bit.

IMO, little Dre and EE look good out there. The rest of the team needs to reevaluate!

Amazing how blessed we were with size and athleticism at the forward last year and how much less so this year. This is a train we saw coming from pretty far down the track. During the season last year we were talking about how Oto was going to have to start next year.

I know. Watching Joey King dunk on that breakaway was an eye opener.

Exactly. We cannot play a short bench like this and expect to press all game. They sub in fresh players and destroy the press leading to players out of position on the defensive end and easy baskets.

This is my one main complaint with Pitino so far, his stubborness in staying with the press no matter how effective it is. Is it your identity and how you want to play? Yes, and that's fine. Is it always going to be the best way to win a game? No. And he needs to realize that.

I think Pitino just crapped in his pants with the no goal tending call.

This sucked. A very very winnable game against a not very good team. Just very disappointing. I'm not saying we should even win a lot in the big ten, but we shouldn't be embarrassed by Arkansas.

So disappointing. Gotta give credit to Arkansas though, they looked way better than us.

This is my one main complaint with Pitino so far, his stubborness in staying with the press no matter how effective it is. Is it your identity and how you want to play? Yes, and that's fine. Is it always going to be the best way to win a game? No. And he needs to realize that.

The zone was getting burned the entire second half as well. Arkansas had little trouble getting the ball to the rim. I still think part of that issue was the Razorbacks constantly breaking our press and getting a man advantage on the other end of the court leading to our guys being out of position.

Top Bottom