GAME #28: Gophers (17-10, 6-8) @ O$U (21-6, 8-6) [BTN, 2/22, 5:00PM]

Williams just pushed around Joey King like he was an infant child.

Good start but gotta keep up the effort. On a scoring drought. D is pretty good both ways

Bs. Craft was out of control just charging down the court

Of course they're not going to call a 2nd on Craft. That was a charge any day of the week.

their press is making things difficult for us

Why wasn't that held ball?

Mo Walker's (or should I say Williams) 2nd foul that is.

Great half now don't come out flat in the 2nd

Excellent end to the half!

Surprised EE didn't get taken out in the last few seconds so there was no chance of a third foul.

Ha held them to 18 points first half wow

great finish to the half! 1 more half like that and we got this!

Happy we are up 10 but it is only going to hurt more when we lose hahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ohio State looks just like we did against Illinois - very flat, playing scared and with no confidence.

Sweet. Keep playing good D. OS really out of sync on offense. Craft sucks.

MN 10-25 2-7 6-6
.......40.0% 28.6% 100.0%

OSU 6-22 2-7 4-4
......27.3% 28.6% 100.0%

Huge first half. Actually, huge last 5 minutes to extend the lead. Ohio State coming from behind is not a good formula for them.

Only 4 turnovers against a tough defense. Keep it at 10 or under for the game and we should win this game. Stay patient Gophers. Good first half.

I'll be curious to see how long we stay in the zone if OSU gets going from beyond the arc...

Pitino came much better prepared for this one than our last game. Playing zone against tOSU is the way to go, they are't a good shooting team and aren't that great at rebounding, surprised more teams don't run zone on them

Great defensive first half with exception of a couple breakdowns that lead to open threes. Very impressed with Eliason today, his best performance in a long time. Dre Hollins has chased down a couple 50/50 balls which is a very good sign as well.

Keys to the second half to me are:

1. Solid start: Can't let tOSU get this lead down to 4 in just a couple minutes of game play. Extending the lead would be great, but I'd be happy with maintaining the lead at the 16:00 mark.

2. Value the basketball: Did a good job in the first half. Live ball turnovers will get tOSU easy baskets and get the crowd involved

3. Maintain the intensity and focus on the defensive end.

4. Focus on the bonus: The earlier the Gophers can get in the bonus, the more difficult it will be for tOSU to win this game.

Top Bottom