GAME #23: Gophers (15-7, 4-5) @ Purdue (13-9, 3-6) [BTN, 2/5, 7:30PM]

I'm not usually the guy to complain about refs either, but they stole that game from us.

Purdue is a place we always get especially hosed. It's the worst behind Kohl Center. And I don't understand why. It's not particularly intimidating and neither is Painter, but we get screwed left and right.

The reason EE didn't see as much action down the stretch is because with about 7 minutes left in the game he was complaining about a call on the offensive end and didn't get back on defense so his man got a layup. Besides that, Mo Walker's moves are FAR superior to anything EE can do. When watching Mo play this year, I'm amazed how good he has become with his moves inside.

If I have to hear one more person complain about some conspiracy the Big 10 officials have against the Minnesota Gophers, I'm going to lose it. It's a sad, pathetic response and flimsy excuse. The U of M athletic program seems to be cursed and in many ways, it is. But that's simply because of the caliber of athlete this institution attracts for the two major money sports. Have you ever heard the phrase that good players create their own luck? Well, it's true. The difference between Minnesota and most of the schools in the conference when it comes to football and basketball is quite simple: Good players. Good players don't make idiotic mistakes in critical situations. Good players don't allow themselves or their teammates to play poor enough to lose AT HOME to Northwestern before losing to bottom-feeding Purdue. No, good players find their own luck, shrug off poor officiating and win games. Bottom line. But if it makes you feel better to blame the refs and not see this team for what it is, then more power to you. I just think some people on here need to open their eyes. THIS IS A TRANSITIONAL YEAR and the team is playing without its best player. You cannot expect to win that many games. In fact, Minnesota might only win 2, maybe 3, games the rest of the season. I hope I'm wrong, but I need to be honest with myself. Some of you need to do the same...

Hope it's not over, but NCAA is slipping away. Refs did not do any favors, but just got out hustled on loose balls. If the locker room was sullen last time, I imagine they are beaten up badly tonight.

The reason EE didn't see as much action down the stretch is because with about 7 minutes left in the game he was complaining about a call on the offensive end and didn't get back on defense so his man got a layup. Besides that, Mo Walker's moves are FAR superior to anything EE can do. When watching Mo play this year, I'm amazed how good he has become with his moves inside.

And EE hasn't been able to score in the paint at all since the Ohio State game, maybe? He's looked completely lost and forced up shots.

Purdue is a place we always get especially hosed. It's the worst behind Kohl Center. And I don't understand why. It's not particularly intimidating and neither is Painter, but we get screwed left and right.

Is there any place in the B1G that the Gophers don't get hosed by the refs? Let's see: MSU (hosed), UW (really hosed), Purdue (hosed), Indiana (probably hosed worse than UW), OSU (hosed), Michigan (really hosed), NW (hosed), Iowa (hosed)...what's left - Illinois, Penn State, Nebraska as the only B1G road places the Gophers get even close to a fair shake? It'd be one thing if the Gophers got the same advantages at Williams, but as we just saw against NW, that obviously isn't the case come B1G season (OOC season largely a different story, but B1G season is where it matters, right).

And EE hasn't been able to score in the paint at all since the Ohio State game, maybe? He's looked completely lost and forced up shots.

Guessing he's forcing his game due to the surge of Mo's offensive game, which is also taking away EE's playing time. That said, EE could learn some offensive footwork and block positioning from Mo, who has it figured out (never thought I'd say that).

Why we almost won: King was awesome on offense. Mo did some nice things. The Gophers didn't quit. Purdue can't shoot FT's. Purdue isn't very good.

Why we lost: Couldn't grab several easy rebounds. King can't play defense. Dre Hollins did everything wrong tonight. Little Dre is a turnover machine. Smith is invisible. Ref's were terrible. The Gophers aren't as good as people here want them to be.

If I have to hear one more person complain about some conspiracy the Big 10 officials have against the Minnesota Gophers, I'm going to lose it. It's a sad, pathetic response and flimsy excuse. The U of M athletic program seems to be cursed and in many ways, it is. But that's simply because of the caliber of athlete this institution attracts for the two major money sports. Have you ever heard the phrase that good players create their own luck? Well, it's true. The difference between Minnesota and most of the schools in the conference when it comes to football and basketball is quite simple: Good players. Good players don't make idiotic mistakes in critical situations. Good players don't allow themselves or their teammates to play poor enough to lose AT HOME to Northwestern before losing to bottom-feeding Purdue. No, good players find their own luck, shrug off poor officiating and win games. Bottom line. But if it makes you feel better to blame the refs and not see this team for what it is, then more power to you. I just think some people on here need to open their eyes. THIS IS A TRANSITIONAL YEAR and the team is playing without its best player. You cannot expect to win that many games. In fact, Minnesota might only win 2, maybe 3, games the rest of the season. I hope I'm wrong, but I need to be honest with myself. Some of you need to do the same...

If sh*tty calls affect the outcome of the game we're allowed to complain about it. What the hell do you think this board is for? I don't need you telling me what I can and can't post on this message board.

Is yours to always imply that the refs have no effect on a game? Get the **** outta here. You know better.

What I know is that you complain about the refs and some conspiracy you believe every game the team loses.

Just once try looking at some other reason why the team lost the game. I doubt you can do it.

Ill be they are just exhausted. Austin played 51 minutes.

What I know is that you complain about the refs and some conspiracy you believe every game the team loses.

Just once try looking at some other reason why the team lost the game. I doubt you can do it.

You're a total idiot if you actually believe anything you said in that post.

Andre 3-13 from the floor. Bless his heart, it helped to have him out there, but for the team to win he needed to make ONE more shot.

Did you watch the game?
We were basically without him. Andre was playing half speed most of the time, couldn't hit a shot after the first half, and couldn't play defense at all.

Does losing it mean you won't be able to post any more? If so, $%^ those refs. It's a $%^ conspiracy.

One more thing: this team is still only one game out of fourth place in the loss column. If they could start winning...

We were basically without him. Andre was playing half speed most of the time, couldn't hit a shot after the first half, and couldn't play defense at all.

We were the farthest thing from being without him. He took the most shots, missed the most shots, etc... We had too much of him.

Is there any place in the B1G that the Gophers don't get hosed by the refs? Let's see: MSU (hosed), UW (really hosed), Purdue (hosed), Indiana (probably hosed worse than UW), OSU (hosed), Michigan (really hosed), NW (hosed), Iowa (hosed)...what's left - Illinois, Penn State, Nebraska as the only B1G road places the Gophers get even close to a fair shake? It'd be one thing if the Gophers got the same advantages at Williams, but as we just saw against NW, that obviously isn't the case come B1G season (OOC season largely a different story, but B1G season is where it matters, right).

Wiscy, Purdue and IU are blatant. I've never noticed it as much at MSU for some reason. Iowa and the rest are about what any team can expect. Refs in the B1G are generally worth 6 points to the home team, but we rarely get that. Tonight they were worth 10+.

King had some good offensive plays but damn he is soft on the boards and doesn't play good d.

Martin must be salivating as he is going to see a lot of
F playing time next year

Yeah and they are tied for 11th place in the loss column also.

King had some good offensive plays but damn he is soft on the boards and doesn't play good d.

That doesn't say much about the other guys since he was the leading rebounder and the only one with double figures.

King had 9 rebounds which was 3 more than the person who had the second most rebounds on the team.

King had 9 rebounds which was 3 more than the person who had the second most rebounds on the team.

Saw GL tweet he had 10. Same number as EE, Mo, and both Hollins' combined.

Not sure how it actually ended, but that was the case at one point.

No rebounding and letting Hammonds get deep post position killed us. Any center in the Big can score if you let him a foot away from the rim.

Refs were awful, but certainly could/should have still won.

Did OO get hurt or was he just bad?

He was basically inert. Pitino might have seen something; I saw him getting turned around on defense a couple times and not really making an impact on offense.

Top Bottom