GAME #20: Gophers (14-5, 3-3) v. #8/9 Wisconsin (16-2, 3-2) [BTN, 1/22, 8:00PM]

Gasser didn't injure Dre. The stuff their calling is all on drives. Our guys have to go to the hoop. Without either Dre on the floor our offense and defense had changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gasser didn't injure Dre. The stuff their calling is all on drives. Our guys have to go to the hoop. Without either Dre on the floor our offense and defense had changed.

What game are you watching? Most of the Gophers' shots have come in the paint, a lot on drives, many on highly-contested interior shots.

Never thought I'd see Mo dunk like that. Almost wanna fast forward to next season wit him, EE, and Martin dominating the paint. And we'll have Dre back. :(

What game are you watching? Most of the Gophers' shots have come in the paint, a lot on drives, many on highly-contested interior shots.

That's my point. That's where the calls are being made. We settled into quick jump shots for a stretch.

Dekker's a great player but he looks like he should be playing for Norman Dale's Hickory Huskers. Nice haircut.

If anyone wants to see what good coaching can do to a player, take a look at Mo and Oto this year compared to last year. We got a good one.

Austin has been horrible again tonight. I don't understand why he thinks he should shoot a contested three with 30 seconds on the clock.

He may not have injured him intentionally, but you dont run up under someone on a jumpshot like that. Thats where you roll ankles, and get people injured. Not exactly a clean play, and sure hope it wasnt intentional.

And I thought the Gophers were weak in the paint coming into this year... Look at Wisconsin!

Please:rolleyes: No one injured Dre, his left foot came down untouched. Just unfortunate it happened.

Unfortunate and not done on purpose, but it was a foul. Hopefully Andre isn't out for too long.

We finally got a 50/50 call towards the end of the first half. Seriously, we scored most of our point down low, yet they committed just 5 fouls? :rolleyes:. The Maverick no call was pretty bad. I'm fine with that no call if they plan on letting them play. But when Mathieu was called for his first for putting a fingernail on the guy, you'd figure they'd call it close all half.

It's anyone's guess how they'll call it in the 2nd half.

Pretty good half though, all things considering. Keep going down low, Wisconsin can't stop them.

My guess is they will really double us down low. .. need to hit some outside shots this half

really sucks losing andre. hope it isn't something that lingers long term. I'm not confident he'll make the next game......at least not full speed.

How could Austin regress so much offensively? Almost feel sorry for him.

really sucks losing andre. hope it isn't something that lingers long term. I'm not confident he'll make the next game......at least not full speed.

Me either. And there's a week off after Nebraska. I'd be surprised if we seem him before NW.

If anyone wants to see what good coaching can do to a player, take a look at Mo and Oto this year compared to last year. We got a good one.

Pitino does need to explain what's happened to Austin, however.

Please:rolleyes: No one injured Dre, his left foot came down untouched. Just unfortunate it happened.

WTF are you talking about, watch the replay - Gasser's legs go right into Dre's jumping space, he kicks out Dre's right leg so that Dre's left foot sways underneath his own body, where it lands right on the back of Gasser's ankle. Likely unintentional, but completely sloppy play, you don't undercut other basketball players. And I repeat, convenient for Wisconsin.

Can't wait for Austin to graduate.

such a dumb statment, there is a reason he is on the court, just because he is a senior doesn't mean he has to play, look at mav all season, we don't gain anything by losing austin, hate when people say things like this about players who play significant amount of minutes, there is a reason that they do! and its not because they are older

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> eFG% ex-Mo Walker is only 43.2%. Ex-Mo & Oto, it's 34.2%.</p>— J.B. Bauer (@JBBauer612) <a href="https://twitter.com/JBBauer612/statuses/426187539129450496">January 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RaiseTheBarn&src=hash">#RaiseTheBarn</a> RT <a href="https://twitter.com/LateNightHoops">@LateNightHoops</a>: Tempo free: <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a>-<a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Badgers&src=hash">#Badgers</a> 34-28 half. eFG% 51.7-44.6; TO% 20-10; OR% 47-25; FTR 10-21.</p>— J.B. Bauer (@JBBauer612) <a href="https://twitter.com/JBBauer612/statuses/426187013319323648">January 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How could Austin regress so much offensively? Almost feel sorry for him.

I'm not sure. But if we're going to win this game, it'll be because he hits some big shots. Desperate times call for the senior leader to snap out of it.

Our depth is going to be tested without Andre (worst case is likely 4 weeks, best case 7 days). I think we have the horses to make it through without him but depth is always great until you have to use it. Initially, I think the team has done a great job staying hyper-focused without their best player, which often happens when a team loses a great player. But in the end, the better team usually wins. An initial surge of focus and adrenaline isn't going to last the whole game.

Can't wait for Austin to graduate.

I should start saving these comments and bring them all back when he catches fire. He did the same thing last year and eventually made his way out of it.

we have little depth and andre is our leading scorer. could very well be the difference between winning a game or two. we don't need that.

That's my point. That's where the calls are being made. We settled into quick jump shots for a stretch.

Um, yeah... I italicized the keep part of what you said. Almost the whole game they took it inside.

Gophers got very few calls for all the offensive possessions spent driving to the hoop and shooting in the paint. UW got a few inside calls, UMinn did not get those same ones and spent much more time inside. Not that Wisconsin got many calls either; yet the foul on Gasser to take out Dre was a no-call, Mathieu got 2 terrible calls against him, and Jackson took 3 huge steps before his dishout for UW's last 3 of the half. When King and Dekker went down, that should have been on King, and EE got away with a hard body too. Other than that, large majority of the close calls have gone UW's way other than a few pretty obvious OOB calls under the hoop.

All of my hope for the 2nd half resides with Pitino. Dude is a great, great coach.

Top Bottom