GAME #14: B1G OPENER! Gophers (11-2) v. Michigan (8-4) [BTN, 6:00PM]

Andre? Austin was non existent all night. Not a good night for the Hollins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oto's the guy who wouldnt even be playing if we had any big guys at all. Malik should really be starting but they must like him off the bench.

Soooooo frustrating we win this game going away if either of our two best players shows up.

Soooooo frustrating we win this game going away if either of our two best players shows up.

They've been off for so long I don't think you can consider them our best players any more. Hell, I'd probably take Mathieu, EE, AND Malik over them.

same old story year after year ....patsy non conference schedule raises the hopes of the unsophisticated and then reality sets in when it is time to play the heavy hitters

This one is REALLY going to hurt us if we are on the Bubble. Not even looking forward to the Purdue game at this point.

same old story year after year ....patsy non conference schedule raises the hopes of the unsophisticated and then reality sets in when it is time to play the heavy hitters

LOL we lost to a team that was in the national championship last year by 3 with a new coach. We'll be better moving forward after this game....a lot to learn from and the Hollinses will shoot better moving forward. Disappointing loss but certainly not the end of the world.

Disappointed? Absolutely. However, you can't anticipate Andre and Austin are going to be that bad on the same night. I like the way this team plays for the most part...I think this style will keep us in more games than the product we put out the past couple of years. Patience will be tested though.

I don't think it is even possible to shoot this bad again the rest of the season.

I saw things to definitely be optimistic about tonight. It's very early in the Pitino era and I for one am very excited. Sure, I would have liked to win but we took a very good team to the wire tonight. Not much can be expected this year as far as in the conference. If we finish in the bottom 3-4 teams in the conference, I think that is OK and expected. In 2-3 years though, watch out! Pitino will have this program looking really good!

Lol, chill out guys - this was Pitino's first conference game. Before we toss in the towel on the season let's give him a chance to teach the guys after couple tough conference games.

LOL we lost to a team that was in the national championship last year by 3 with a new coach. We'll be better moving forward after this game....a lot to learn from and the Hollinses will shoot better moving forward. Disappointing loss but certainly not the end of the world.

Missing three starters from that team and a fourth(Robinson) missed half the game.

If Austin is going to shoot like that, we may as well play 4 guards and let him have at it with his new rebounding prowess. The Hollineses will be the reason we win and they were the reason we lost. Demoralizing loss.

Love Mathieu, Love Elliason, Love Smith.... Mo needs to be more aggressive. He lobbed in a basket that he should have dunked hard... a dunk can bring the crowd into it more. Hollins' need to show up more. Games like this, Dre should be on the bench and Smith should be playing.

In 2-3 years though, watch out! Pitino will have this program looking really good!

How do u know? We have not gotten any big time recruits yet and this is Minnesota. I hope he can, I like his style better than Tubby's but they have to make jumpshots and they didnt tonight.

Lol, chill out guys - this was Pitino's first conference game. Before we toss in the towel on the season let's give him a chance to teach the guys after couple tough conference games.

Not tossing in the towel on the season just being realistic that this team overall isn't that talented. They will pull off an upset or two along the way but this is a NIT team at best.

Disappointed? Absolutely. However, you can't anticipate Andre and Austin are going to be that bad on the same night. I like the way this team plays for the most part...I think this style will keep us in more games than the product we put out the past couple of years. Patience will be tested though.

No doubt, guys are playing hard. I'm excited because I've actually seen an offense being run and a couple of out of bounds plays. Gotta stay out of foul trouble though, just not deep enough to have the starters sitting on the bench. We'll be ok.

I don't think it is even possible to shoot this bad again the rest of the season.

Bummer loss. I was encouraged by the minutes off the bench though. JK showed me some grit. Would have liked to see MS in the game more and shooting more in light of our scores having an off night. Put it all together and we will be all right.

I'm not worried... I mean I bet (without looking at the box score) that we shot like 35% at best, and Michigan shot lights out. We had a bad night with free throws, and all our captains played bad... and we lost by a few points. When we're on, everyone better watch out.

Top Bottom