GAME #14: B1G OPENER! Gophers (11-2) v. Michigan (8-4) [BTN, 6:00PM]

washgopher

Reaction score
I know the game is set for 6 on Friday but it comes up on the BTN schedule at 1PM.

The game is Thursday. Maybe you're seeing the replay listed the following day?

I know the game is set for 6 on Friday but it comes up on the BTN schedule at 1PM.

game info gopher (Thursday, January 2 | 6 p.m.)

Date: Thursday, January 2, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. CT
Arena: Williams Arena (14,625)
TV: BTN - Eric Collins (Play-by-Play); Jim Jackson (Analyst)
Radio: Learfield/1500 ESPN Twin Cities - Mike Grimm (Play-by-Play); Spencer Tollackson (Analyst)
Satellite Radio: Sirius 92/XM 190

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/123113aab.html

PP; coach P -- video
http://www.tout.com/m/ee0vki?ref=twdcvza2

GAME #14: B1G OPENER! Gophers (11-2) v. Michigan (8-4) [BTN, 6:00PM]

Can't wait!!!

Michigan's losses: @ISU, Charlotte, @Duke, Arizona

No Mitch McGary

As most of you know we need to do well in our first three games because our 4th-7th games are against the top teams in the conference.

per CBS:

Three games I'm looking forward to

2. Michigan at Minnesota (Thursday, 7 p.m. ET): Are the Gophers a real threat in the Big Ten? We'll find out after they take on the Wolverines. Richard Pitino has done a terrific job instilling a culture of playing hard and competing at Minnesota, but now comes the hard part -- winning in the Big Ten. Michigan is still trying to find its way with a young back court along with a frontline that will be without Mitch McGary for the foreseeable future due to a back injury. Don't be surprised to see both teams go small during this game in an effort to get their best players on the floor.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...hip-aspirations-take-blow-with-cobbins-injury

Go Gophers!!

Don't see McGary's absence as a big change for how Michigan will play - not at all.

Mathieu may struggle in the Big Ten, but this is a game he can get the better of the opposition's point guards. True freshman Derrick Walton... and Spike?! Eat 'em up, Dre.

LNH Pregame - Michigan at Minnesota

First time visiting LNH site. Very nice job look forward to reading every pre game. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Don't see McGary's absence as a big change for how Michigan will play - not at all.

Mathieu may struggle in the Big Ten, but this is a game he can get the better of the opposition's point guards. True freshman Derrick Walton... and Spike?! Eat 'em up, Dre.

LNH Pregame - Michigan at Minnesota

"Breakdown on Minnesota players: ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................"

All you need to know:

"Free Throws
Minnesota leads the Big Ten in free throw percentage and that means next to nothing. Michigan isn’t far behind in third place, but it’s a statistic that has little correlation to winning basketball games."

"Breakdown on Minnesota players: ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................"

All you need to know:

"Free Throws
Minnesota leads the Big Ten in free throw percentage and that means next to nothing. Michigan isn’t far behind in third place, but it’s a statistic that has little correlation to winning basketball games."

For a guy who has said he hates talking about free throws, he sure brings it up a lot.

Gophers are favored by 2.5. Can't wait to see how this team performs against good competition, should be a good indicator of how successful they can be in the conference this year.

Gophers are favored by 2.5. Can't wait to see how this team performs against good competition, should be a good indicator of how successful they can be in the conference this year.

Shapes us as nip and tuck, very similar to the FSU game.

Kenpom currently projects us to win 11 games in the Big Ten. I think 100% of this board would be ecstatic if that became true.

Here's a look at how he breaks down the schedule with his predicted score, and the Gophers chances of winning that matchup:
(His predictions are based on current values of adjusted efficiencies and tempo, with home court factored in.)

Michigan -- W 70-68 -- 58 percent
Purdue -- W 80-70 -- 83 percent
at Penn St. -- W 75-73 -- 58 percent
at Michigan State -- L 76-67 -- 21 percent
Ohio State -- L 66-63 -- 38 percent
at Iowa -- L 80-72 -- 22 percent
Wisconsin -- L 67-66 -- 47 percent
at Nebraska -- W 71-69 -- 59 percent
Northwestern -- W 69-58 -- 88 percent
at Purdue -- W 76-74 -- 57 percent
Indiana -- W 77-71 -- 72 percent
at Wisconsin -- L 71-63 -- 20 percent
at Northwestern -- W 66-62 -- 67 percent
Illinois -- W 68-63 -- 73 percent
at Ohio State -- L 70-60 -- 15 percent
Iowa -- W 77-76 --51 percent
at Michigan -- L 72-66 -- 28 percent
Penn State W 79-69 -- 83 percent

*The highlights: win at Purdue, win vs. Iowa at home.
*Seven of Pomeroy's predicted 11 wins are by six points or fewer.
*As the rankings currently stand, Pomeroy's predictions give the Gophers just one ranked win.

I'd be thrilled with 11 wins lol.

Start it off with one tonight and I'll be even more inclined to say that's possible.

You're right, I missed that part at the end of the article. The formula for individual match ups currently projects 11 wins, but the official prediction is 9.

I'd be fine with 9 wins. I'd poop myself if we got 11 wins.

Can't wait!!!

Michigan's losses: @ISU, Charlotte, @Duke, Arizona

No Mitch McGary

As most of you know we need to do well in our first three games because our 4th-7th games are against the top teams in the conference.

Very excited for tonight's game. Looking forward to a big night for EE.

I've got to believe 9-9 with a single win in the Big Ten tourney would get us in. Depends to an extent on who the nine wins are over, but most the time a .500 record will get you into the tourney, especially when we have a pretty good RPI coming into league play that will only improve as our strength of schedule improves through the conference. I also think FSU will end up being a marquee win by the end of the year, more so than many see it as now.

I can give a lot of tips but nobody wants them

Top Bottom