Frozen Four Predictions

Oh well. As long as Wisconsin loses....who cares?
Yes, that is more important. But it is always worrying about how the Gophers will fare against teams from better conferences.

Yes, that is more important. But it is always worrying about how the Gophers will fare against teams from better conferences.

We'll see. Gophers don't need other Big Ten teams to represent them. Bemidji just played awesome. Despite a four goal lead....they were attacking Wisconsin (which they were doing the entire game) and actually outshot them in the third period. Two of their goals came from turning the Badgers over on a forecheck. Just aggressive play that can catch a better team off guard. Hopefully a similar fate doesn't befall the Gophers.

Do you think the WCHA is better than the Big Ten? Mankato might be the best team in either league, but I have major doubts about the WCHA being tougher than the Big Ten Conference, despite Bemidji's dismantling of Wisconsin in a one game elimination.

Do you think the WCHA is better than the Big Ten? Mankato might be the best team in either league, but I have major doubts about the WCHA being tougher than the Big Ten Conference, despite Bemidji's dismantling of Wisconsin in a one game elimination.
It's possible. I think Bemidji/Mankato/LSSU are probably about equal to UMN/uw/UM based on what I saw today.

Nope. Lived in Brooklyn Park until 5th grade, then moved the St. Paul until I went to the U for college. Live in Seattle, WA now. Why do you ask?
I knew someone named Taj - thought it might be you.

UND made AIC look average at best last night. Once they got that 4-0 lead they put it in cruise control. Will be different tonight

Five games today
Five MN teams, all in different games

That's crazy. If MN goes 5-0 that would be one of the biggest days in MN hockey history.

Michigan withdraws a few hours before the game with UMD (the most hyped first round game)...

UMD gets a bye.

This is now a mess.
Michigan coach was polite in his quote, but none too pleased and it's clear it was not he who made the decision. Maybe a university or public health decision. His statement made it sound like he thought they should still be able to play.

BU was just gifted an offside goal. Absolutely brutal call.

Gahhhh this is classic cloud so far.

Playing well but just cant get it in the net. Couldnt score on a major and another PP.

Gotta get one to go in here

What a wild fu cking goal.

Use that for the momentum.

Dammit BU ties it 2-2 getting a PP goal on a great PK by Cloud until the final 20 seconds.

And as I type this, Cloud scores again to go up 3-2

Wild period.

As far as I know, SCSU had the option to decline the penalty shot in favor of a 2 minute penalty. Being down on a 5 minute major, I would have taken that option.

As far as I know, SCSU had the option to decline the penalty shot in favor of a 2 minute penalty. Being down on a 5 minute major, I would have taken that option.

Ha thought crossed my mind too. That playing 4 v 4 for 2 minutes to break up the PP might be more ideal.

But then I was like nah, take your chances with Kranilla

NCHC domination continues. One in the Frozen Four already and St Cloud heading to the regional final.

Great win.

UMD and Gophs follow suit and its a great day.

Nice win for my Huskies today. When they couldn't score on the five minutes major early in the game....I was a little worried. But getting a fresh BC team tomorrow will be an uphill battle. Nice to get that tourney monkey off the back though.

Now let's get that Gopher win tonight! All the other MN teams as well.

Nice win for my Huskies today. When they couldn't score on the five minutes major early in the game....I was a little worried. But getting a fresh BC team tomorrow will be an uphill battle. Nice to get that tourney monkey off the back though.

Now let's get that Gopher win tonight! All the other MN teams as well.

Not looking good for the little bros of minny.

Gonna need UMD and the Gophers to step up

Big Ten champions get basically pounded by Bemidji who gets thrashed by Umass. Looks like
1. NCHC
2. Hockey East
3/4/5. Qpac/WCHA/Big Ten in some order
6. AHA

Top Bottom