Frozen Four Predictions

UncleSam'sMisguidedChild

Reaction score
Well, who's it gonna be? I'm taking Wisconsin, BC, UMD, and the Gophers.

Why did I leave out North Dakota, you may ask. Basically, it's been a loooong time since anyone has beaten the Bulldogs in the national tournament so I'm kinda thinking (hoping) it keeps going a bit longer. Plus, those two teams are so familiar with each other that it's pretty much going to be a battle of wills.

As far as the Gophers, their most important player is a Sr, and he's pretty good too. I think Jack and the D-Corps carries us into the Frozen Four with a shot at a title.

I want to be wrong but:
UND
uw
St. Cloud
Omaha

For fun, here's my prediction:

UMD
Bemidji
Gophers
St. Cloud St.

All MN Frozen Four!!!

My realistic prediction is:
UND
wisconsin OR Bemidji (haven't watched enough Bemidji games to have a read on them yet)
Gophers
BC or St. Cloud State

For fun, here's my prediction:

UMD
Bemidji
Gophers
St. Cloud St.

All MN Frozen Four!!!

My realistic prediction is:
UND
wisconsin OR Bemidji (haven't watched enough Bemidji games to have a read on them yet)
Gophers
BC or St. Cloud State
All Minnesota Frozen Four would be awesome

Based upon my NCAA basketball bracket....I shouldn't make predictions. But I'm pulling for all the Minnesota teams. Gophers and Huskies the most. Bulldogs the least.

BC has now been given a bye because Notre Dame (the last team in, and probably should not have been) is out with Covid.

BC has now been given a bye because Notre Dame (the last team in, and probably should not have been) is out with Covid.
Too late to swap in another team I suppose?

Really not a huge fan of the whole of how they chose to do the brackets for the NCAA tournament as it relates to the ND situation. Really should've added more buffer time to it with an additional team undergoing testing as the opt in team given this is a 2 weekend tournament, not the NCAA basketball tournament. Could've pushed back selection sunday to allow for the dust to settle prior. Massive advantage to BC now not having to play a back to back, especially if the first game goes to OT given it already sat as the late game

and my picks for the FF

Fargo: MI over UND
Bridgeport: UMass over Bem St
Loveland: MN over Kato
Albany: BC over BU

Sucks. Guess the Huskies still have to get past Boston....but that's a huge disadvantage. NCAA screwed this one hard.

Well, who's it gonna be? I'm taking Wisconsin, BC, UMD, and the Gophers.

Why did I leave out North Dakota, you may ask. Basically, it's been a loooong time since anyone has beaten the Bulldogs in the national tournament so I'm kinda thinking (hoping) it keeps going a bit longer. Plus, those two teams are so familiar with each other that it's pretty much going to be a battle of wills.

As far as the Gophers, their most important player is a Sr, and he's pretty good too. I think Jack and the D-Corps carries us into the Frozen Four with a shot at a title.
Sucks. Guess the Huskies still have to get past Boston....but that's a huge disadvantage. NCAA screwed this one hard.
I anyone has a bye it should be North Dakota the #1 seed. They could send American International to play Boston College.

Last edited:

Michigan withdraws a few hours before the game with UMD (the most hyped first round game)...

UMD gets a bye.

This is now a mess.

Michigan withdraws a few hours before the game with UMD (the most hyped first round game)...

UMD gets a bye.

This is now a mess.

Ridiculous. And worrisome that it's two Big Ten teams that have been forced to withdraw just a week and a half after the Big Ten Tournament.

Ridiculous. And worrisome that it's two Big Ten teams that have been forced to withdraw just a week and a half after the Big Ten Tournament.
Gophers played Michigan 11 days ago... :/

Hell yah! Bemidji tallies an early one against Wisconsin.

Make that 2-0 Bemidji. Scored with about 15 seconds remaining in the period. Send Sconny home!

3-1 Bemidji.

2 teams dropping out already of a 16 team tournament is brutal though.

Question: Did you grow up in N.H.?
Nope. Lived in Brooklyn Park until 5th grade, then moved the St. Paul until I went to the U for college. Live in Seattle, WA now. Why do you ask?

Good for Bemidji. Up 4-1 and immediately come out attacking. Put like four good shots on goal in the first couple of minutes of the third.

WOW! BSU makes it 5-1 on a great play and snipe shot. I know the WCHA takes some shit for being a generally weaker conference....but Bemidji looks good. They've been attacking Wisconsin all game.

Top Bottom