Former Gopher coach Jerry Kill becomes first NMSU coach to defeat a SEC opponent.

We did not delete your post. We merged it in the other Jerry Kill thread you started. How many Jerry Kill threads do you need? One is fine. I'm sure there's a very active NMSU board if you want to start a new thread for every NMSU win.
2 is all I need. I don't want it merged in the do you want Jerry Kill as the Minnesota coach thread. I think this forum states I can make posts about college football. And I believe Kill is a former coach, so it is somewhat Gopher related.

Thank you.

Can you show me in a policy where it states how many threads I can start?

Last edited:

There’s also a thread dedicated to discussing other college football games

There’s also a thread dedicated to discussing other college football games
Yes there is, but I want to make a post about a former Gopher's coach accomplishments. Both college football and Gopher related. Hardly outside the realm of threads here.

Plus my original Kill poll has 6,607 views. Is that not good for ad revenue? Why would you want me to go to another forum?

Last edited:

Cool, maybe he’ll win his first conference title at the FBS level this year or maybe his second bowl game.
Oh man. Can you imagine the boost a program could get from winning a bowl game? You could sell 5 or 6 Guaranteed Rate Bowl Champion t-shirts!

We did not delete your post. We merged it in the other Jerry Kill thread you started. How many Jerry Kill threads do you need? One is fine. I'm sure there's a very active NMSU board if you want to start a new thread for every NMSU win.
Really? Good grief. Way better things to moderate than this.

Pretty impressive for the Fightin' Jerry's, should have fired up the Aggievision today. On that note, let's see the Maroon and Gold rebound against the skunks!

The old ball coach took some chances on 4th down which included a successful fake punt and a TD on 4th goal.

Who cares?

Last edited by a moderator:

I didn’t realize Jerry only has one bowl win. Crazy how much more PJ Fleck has accomplished despite a much shorter coaching career.
Kill took the worst team in the Big 10 and made it competitive.

Fleck has taken a competitive team and turned it into a team that loses to Bowling Green and won't make a bowl game in year 7.

Fleck has taken a competitive team and turned it into a team that loses to Bowling Green and won't make a bowl game in year 7.
Just stop, Kill’s coaching career doesn’t compare to Fleck’s despite the age difference. If Kill could sustain a job he’d have ups and downs too.

Kill's best possible seasons here are about like this season. With 1 or 2-win conference seasons mixed in.

So your memory must be very bad or delusional. You must be thinking of the 4 cupcake games we'd always play in the non-conference.

Knowing Kill was a loser doesn’t make one a Fleck advocate. A change had to happen - Kill was a drag on an already abysmal program.

It is cringey how many Kill posts are being put up. It’s weird and off-putting this hyper-fetish for a guy that already had his shot and failed.

Another way of saying that is PJ took a team with a walk on QB coming off of a sexual assault scandal and turned them into an 11 win team.

I think it was last year but again facts.
How am I supposed to remember when those boring games against no-names were?

Ok, so Kill beat a down Auburn team. Name ONE other decent win....crickets....

If we lose to Wisconsin we will have the same regular season record that Jerry’s team had in his final season here.
Again. Facts aren't important to you. Jerry Kill retired with a 4-3 record in 2015.

How am I supposed to remember when those boring games against no-names were?

Ok, so Kill beat a down Auburn team. Name ONE other decent win....crickets....
I think my entire thread here was about Kill beating an SEC team.

No where did I say he has multiple great wins.

I'm sorry this triggers you. Might need to go to your safe place.

Can you tell me about the time he took over a 9-4 B1G team and turned them into nearly the worst team in the B1G by year 7?
Fleck didn't take over a 9-4 B1G team.

Kill never won more than 5 conference games. And he had several terrible seasons. Beating Iowa & Nebraska like this year would be one of Kill's better years.

This is college football. Teams don't improve every year. They often become far worse the following year. Players cycle.

Fleck didn't take over a 9-4 B1G team.

Kill never won more than 5 conference games. And he had several terrible seasons. Beating Iowa & Nebraska like this year would be one of Kill's better years.

This is college football. Teams don't improve every year. They often become far worse the following year. Players cycle.
Please tell me their record the year before Fleck took over. I'll wait.

Please tell me their record the year before Fleck took over. I'll wait.
Lol what is your deal dude? Do you hate Fleck or love Kill or all of the above or what?

As said previously, this weird hyper-obsession with a failed B1G coach that had serious attitude problems while employed is jumping the shark mate. And acknowledging Kill’s failure is not advocating Fleck.

Kill failed and left. It’s ok to post about his career trajectory or related wins but the volume of these posts and the insistence of his capabilities (when that didn’t happen while given an honest shot here) is wild.

Lol what is your deal dude? Do you hate Fleck or love Kill or all of the above or what?

As said previously, this weird hyper-obsession with a failed B1G coach that had serious attitude problems while employed is jumping the shark mate. And acknowledging Kill’s failure is not advocating Fleck.

Kill failed and left. It’s ok to post about his career trajectory or related wins but the volume of these posts and the insistence of his capabilities (when that didn’t happen while given an honest shot here) is wild.
I'm still waiting.

Top Bottom