Fleck to meet with Winfield this week

Can he collect the Big $$$ settlement and stay on scholarship?

I forgot that to you the black student athlete is just here for your pleasure.

Wow, that is a bit out of left field. Nice try, though. I would say YOU are kind of here for entertainment purposes.

Convincing Winfield to stay would be the best recruiting move yet for Fleck imo

He can't take Winfield back and claim the culture needs to be changed. Actually, he can and that's why he's a hypocrite.

This doesn't make sense.

So you are saying if he wants to change the culture he can't take Winfield back, because why? You are presuming he's guilty and he won't be suspended.
If he's found to be "guilty", he'll be suspended so the problem solves itself and he won't be on PJ's team.

I think the point is, either Winfield is cleared, or he isn't.
If he is cleared, maybe he wants to stay here with PJ convincing him to stay, or maybe Winfield is still mad and leaves regardless.
OR
Winfield isn't cleared and he's suspended / expelled. In that case it doesn't matter. He'll be gone.

So in which of the above two scenarios is PJ a hypocrite?
Please explain.

This doesn't make sense.

So you are saying if he wants to change the culture he can't take Winfield back, because why? You are presuming he's guilty and he won't be suspended.
If he's found to be "guilty", he'll be suspended so the problem solves itself and he won't be on PJ's team.

I think the point is, either Winfield is cleared, or he isn't.
If he is cleared, maybe he wants to stay here with PJ convincing him to stay, or maybe Winfield is still mad and leaves regardless.
OR
Winfield isn't cleared and he's suspended / expelled. In that case it doesn't matter. He'll be gone.

So in which of the above two scenarios is PJ a hypocrite?
Please explain.

kellyleeks seems to think anyone associated with the whole thing is some sort of human manifestation of "culture" and rape or something.

Beyond that it's just a bunch of logic defying stuff.

I think it's more of a dig at Coyle. Coyle was really pushing the "culture" argument for firing Claeys - ie Claeys brought in players - like Winfield - who did not represent the right "culture."

So, one can wonder whether the administration would be happy if Fleck decided to keep any of the players who were involved in the incident. My guess is that none of the Gopher 10 will return - unless the panel handling the appeals comes back with a clear statement exonerating them of any involvement and recommending no discipline. barring that, I do not expect any of the 10 to ever wear a Gopher jersey again. Some of them probably deserve what they get, but some of them will wind up as collateral damage for Coyle's desire to bring in his own coach.

What starts out as a post informing us that Fleck is meeting with Winfield has turned into a finger pointing issue. The 2017 recruiting thread recently had 30 posts taken off due to the childish behavior of some posters. Are they going to have to do it to this one too?

What starts out as a post informing us that Fleck is meeting with Winfield has turned into a finger pointing issue. The 2017 recruiting thread recently had 30 posts taken off due to the childish behavior of some posters. Are they going to have to do it to this one too?

My dad can beat up your dad....

I think it's more of a dig at Coyle. Coyle was really pushing the "culture" argument for firing Claeys - ie Claeys brought in players - like Winfield - who did not represent the right "culture."

So, one can wonder whether the administration would be happy if Fleck decided to keep any of the players who were involved in the incident. My guess is that none of the Gopher 10 will return - unless the panel handling the appeals comes back with a clear statement exonerating them of any involvement and recommending no discipline. barring that, I do not expect any of the 10 to ever wear a Gopher jersey again. Some of them probably deserve what they get, but some of them will wind up as collateral damage for Coyle's desire to bring in his own coach.

"collateral damage for Coyle's desire to bring in his own coach"..... I've got a BIG problem with the AD potentially smearing a young person for life, branding to some degree as a rapist, or collaborator, if that player were to be cleared by an appeal process....and discard them as "collateral damage".

Check the title of the thread. This thread IS about that situation. The recruiting thread was the wrong place for that kind of discussion, this thread was created and directly involves the issue being debated. If you don't like it, you should click the threads that aren't about this situation.

Check the title of the thread. This thread IS about that situation. The recruiting thread was the wrong place for that kind of discussion, this thread was created and directly involves the issue being debated. If you don't like it, you should click the threads that aren't about this situation.

BS. Some may reason to assume this thread may have updates on the discussions between Winfield and PJ.

We have had numerous threads that have been hijacked by pontificating juveniles. How many times do you have to beat the same old dead horse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BS. Some may reason to assume this thread may have updates on the discussions between Winfield and PJ.

We have had numerous threads that have been hijacked by pontificating juveniles. How many times do you have to beat the same old dead horse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're saying that a thread about a player who is part of the investigation, whose dad said he would transfer because of the investigation isn't about the investigation? And all of the stuff that comes with the investigation?

I'll ask this question, why is the phone call between Fleck and Winfield significant? You know the answer. So I apologize if you wanted three seconds of your time reading the thread and then another 2 minutes responding. But you're wrong.

As for your second paragraph, yeah I agree with you. There are plenty of threads to talk about this stuff (like this thread), but it shouldn't drip into the threads that have nothing to do with this stuff.

I am anxiously waiting for any word about the face to face meeting.

Losing AW Jr. will be huge IMHO. I think PJ Fleck realizes that too.

Spring football can't come fast enough. Maybe Judge Judy can clear all this crap up.

Fleck will speak with the players involved and make up his own mind. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would let a biased ruling influence his handling of the players. Especially the ones who have seemingly received unfair treatment.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Spring football can't come fast enough. Maybe Judge Judy can clear all this crap up.

I don't know if Judge Judy can handle this. With Judge Mills Lane off the air, we may need to go to Judge Mathis or Judge Joe Brown. Judge Joseph Wapner left The People's Court, but he's still kicking it at age 97. He may be the best choice.

Fleck will speak with the players involved and make up his own mind. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would let a biased ruling influence his handling of the players. Especially the ones who have seemingly received unfair treatment.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's the $64,000 question. Does Fleck have the freedom or authority to make that decision? I hope he does. I'm just worried that the administration may have its own agenda. If Fleck says he wants Winfield on the team, does Coyle or Kaler veto that decision? Who really has the power - the AD, the Prexy, or the new Coach?

Side issue - what is more important for Fleck - winning over the player or the Dad? Because I get the feeling Dad Winfield will have a lot to say about what finally happens - may even want some assurances in return for allowing Junior to stay at the U of MN.

So you're saying that a thread about a player who is part of the investigation, whose dad said he would transfer because of the investigation isn't about the investigation? And all of the stuff that comes with the investigation?

I'll ask this question, why is the phone call between Fleck and Winfield significant? You know the answer. So I apologize if you wanted three seconds of your time reading the thread and then another 2 minutes responding. But you're wrong.

As for your second paragraph, yeah I agree with you. There are plenty of threads to talk about this stuff (like this thread), but it shouldn't drip into the threads that have nothing to do with this stuff.

No, I am saying that a thread that informs us of a player/coach meeting doesn't need to go into all the same arguments about the investigation. I assume that most people clicked on this thread to find out the details or outcome of the meeting not to argue about the investigation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, I am saying that a thread that informs us of a player/coach meeting doesn't need to go into all the same arguments about the investigation. I assume that most people clicked on this thread to find out the details or outcome of the meeting not to argue about the investigation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

or reading pissing matches between people that doesn't bring anything to the original thread title

or reading pissing matches between people that doesn't bring anything to the original thread title
59e5d7f558213cfa5103274daa772abe.jpg

That's the $64,000 question. Does Fleck have the freedom or authority to make that decision? I hope he does. I'm just worried that the administration may have its own agenda. If Fleck says he wants Winfield on the team, does Coyle or Kaler veto that decision? Who really has the power - the AD, the Prexy, or the new Coach?

Side issue - what is more important for Fleck - winning over the player or the Dad? Because I get the feeling Dad Winfield will have a lot to say about what finally happens - may even want some assurances in return for allowing Junior to stay at the U of MN.

I'd be really surprised if any players that aren't expelled aren't allowed back on the team. The tricky part may come with the recommended year suspensions for 4 of the 5. That was academic suspension, so they would not be able to attend school for a year. Not sure how that affects their eligibility going forward. I believe to be eligible as a Junior/RS Sophomore (or maybe it is Senior/RS Jr.) you have to have made so much progress toward a degree. With sitting out a year of school, will they be too far behind to qualify? Would they get an exception?

Anyone who gets probation or gets cleared I think if they want to come back they will be allowed back. They may be on a short leash (rightfully so), but I can't imagine Kaler or Coyle saying they can't participate. That would potentially open up a lawsuit. Even those suspended for a year, if they want to come back (why would they?) and they serve their suspension and if they are eligible I'd believe they'd be allowed to participate.

Now, whether they'd get scholarships? That is a whole different question. Anyone that gets flat out exonerated (proved wasn't there, etc.) I wouldn't see them pulling scholarships. But anyone that has probation or suspension? Then I could see them pulling the scholarship.

It'll be interesting. Regardless, I'll be happy when this mess is behind us.

Top Bottom