Fleck has become worse than Kill

Kill was 2-2 against Iowa.

Fleck is 0-6 against Iowa.

those are not opinions. those are facts.

Mitch Leidner - a QB that many people on this board trash with regularity - beat Iowa. Leidner threw 4 TD passes against an Iowa team that was 6-2 coming into the game. Matt Limegrover- another frequent target on this board - was the OC for the game.

Kill was 2-2 against Iowa.

Fleck is 0-6 against Iowa.

those are not opinions. those are facts.

Mitch Leidner - a QB that many people on this board trash with regularity - beat Iowa. Leidner threw 4 TD passes against an Iowa team that was 6-2 coming into the game. Matt Limegrover- another frequent target on this board - was the OC for the game.
And Fleck is 2-3 vs Wisconsin while Kill was 0-4...

Well it would have been nice to have a time out in our pocket on that late drive in the first half. Still do not understand how he burns time outs. I think if we had some TOs there we come away with points

Well it would have been nice to have a time out in our pocket on that late drive in the first half. Still do not understand how he burns time outs. I think if we had some TOs there we come away with points
Shouldn’t have needed timeouts.

How? There was over a minute left when we had 3rd down. All kinds of time.

How? There was over a minute left when we had 3rd down. All kinds of time.
2nd and four four from the 19 - third and one from the 16 - fourth and one from the 16 - all with no time outs - and sorry as I recall that was with 52 seconds left - if there are TOs to use there the offense maybe executes better - apparently you feel calling time out with Iowa first and goal on the one yard line in the first quarter was excellent time management

Next year is not going to be better. Next year they will not make a bowl game with top teams all over the schedule. This team is heading for the basement of the Big Ten for years to come. Plus you have USC and UCLA coming in which will make things worse.

Fire Fleck as he stinks and so do the players, coaches, and recruits. No one coming in is going to help this team. We should just accept that fact and just accept we will be the laughingstock of the Big Ten and country for many, many more years to come.
Why bother firing fleck ?

If that's your attitude find new team

I think Kill was a better coach. He never ran a chickenshit offense like this but Kill couldn’t stay healthy unfortunately. Fleck is ok but we are paying too much for this mediocrity. This team is boring and stale at this point under Fleck and he is also a coward
Huh? You clearly are mis remembering the kill offense

What a terrible season. Chicken shit Fleck. Hopefully next year will be better. If it’s like this year I’m out. Got better things to do with my like.
If we win next week it’s actually the same number of regular season wins as Kill’s best season.

Huh? You clearly are mis remembering the kill offense

Yes it was dog shit too but Jer ran a jet sweep and the tight end screen off of a fake jet sweep. Those are two plays Fleck currently doesn’t run that wouldn’t be a bad wrinkle for our Knute Rockne offense.

yeah. Hard to win when you out plan them and out play them but lose the game in a couple of plays

Someone in another thread said “he knew” the gophers shouldn’t give Mo the ball there lol
Nope. I said I thought it was remarkable under the conditions there had not been any fumbles for both sides. Just a random football thought.

Of course Mo was the answer.

As JG just offered on the KFAN Sunday Gophers show, Mo had fumbled 3 + 1 = 4 times over his career since 2018. Highly improbable that Mo would be the source of a fumble on a carry. However, a bad handoff, QB let's it slip, center loses grip...all are more probable than what actually happened.

Nope. I said I thought it was remarkable under the conditions there had not been any fumbles for both sides. Just a random football thought.

Of course Mo was the answer.

As JG just offered on the KFAN Sunday Gophers show, Mo had fumbled 3 + 1 = 4 times over his career since 2018. Highly improbable that Mo would be the source of a fumble on a carry. However, a bad handoff, QB let's it slip, center loses grip...all are more probable than what actually happened.
Wasn’t talking about you.

2nd and four four from the 19 - third and one from the 16 - fourth and one from the 16 - all with no time outs - and sorry as I recall that was with 52 seconds left - if there are TOs to use there the offense maybe executes better - apparently you feel calling time out with Iowa first and goal on the one yard line in the first quarter was excellent time management
I think if we have a time out we go for it in 4th and 1. As it was (no timeouts), even if we go for it and get a first down, we likely end up kicking a FG.

We're 7-4 do you not remember 10 years ago
7-4 really isn't a bad place to be if this is considered a disappointing season. I'll gladly take an 8-4 season on a regular basis and the occasional 10-2 season. I really question whether this program has any more potential than that, which is true with many if not most Big Ten teams. With the revenue sharing from TV and Bowls the Big Ten has decent parity.

Some of you need to remind yourself we are not fans of a blue blood program, were not going to win 10 games every year. Having a competitive team that has a really good year every 5 years is the best you can do at Minnesota IMO

7-4 really isn't a bad place to be if this is considered a disappointing season. I'll gladly take an 8-4 season on a regular basis and the occasional 10-2 season. I really question whether this program has any more potential than that, which is true with many if not most Big Ten teams. With the revenue sharing from TV and Bowls the Big Ten has decent parity.

But that's the whole point of the discussion. Mason, Kill and Claeys all had 8 or 9-win seasons and went to mid-level bowl games. But there were a lot of fans - including many posting on this board, who said that "wasn't good enough." Fleck was brought in here to "take the program to the next level."

He was supposed to be the guy who would recruit better players and have the Gophers contending for Division titles or Conference championships.

in six years, Fleck has had the one big year in 2019. Everything else has been on the same level as Mason, Kill and Claeys.

and now, we're hearing that, "well, this is as good as the Gophers can be." that is not what a lot of people were saying 6 years ago.

Lol the big ten has decent parity? On which planet?
The big ten has never had parity and it is worse now than it’s ever been.

Or do you mean in the middle?

Lol the big ten has decent parity? On which planet?
The big ten has never had parity and it is worse now than it’s ever been.

Or do you mean in the middle?
Yes, in the middle. I'm not sure what you can do to bring parity across the board. Sports Illustrated did an article about it last summer. Basically, there are about six teams that rotate in and out of the playoff.

But that's the whole point of the discussion. Mason, Kill and Claeys all had 8 or 9-win seasons and went to mid-level bowl games. But there were a lot of fans - including many posting on this board, who said that "wasn't good enough." Fleck was brought in here to "take the program to the next level."

He was supposed to be the guy who would recruit better players and have the Gophers contending for Division titles or Conference championships.

in six years, Fleck has had the one big year in 2019. Everything else has been on the same level as Mason, Kill and Claeys.

and now, we're hearing that, "well, this is as good as the Gophers can be." that is not what a lot of people were saying 6 years ago.
Kill and Fleck got us a couple of steps further than Mason. Kill got us to a New Year's Day bowl and Fleck got us a New Year's Day bowl win. Maybe a New Year's 6 bowl is possible. Competing for a National Title is not at all realistic as far as I'm concerned. Would another coach get the program another step further? I suppose it's possible but there's a better chance we go backwards. Firing a coach like Fleck with decent success here will not make the job attractive at all.

Top Bottom