FLECK HAS ACCEPTED THE GOPHERS JOB!! UPDATED: WE GOT FLECK!!!!

So....you're telling me we are not getting an in-stadium DJ now?

Feminazis won their court case. We have to remove the sideline seating and only keep endzone seats.

If we didn't give that to PJ, would we give it to Sumlin?

And if so.... why didn't we just go there first....

Because he's a much more seasoned and successful HC...in the SEC. My guess...Coyle saw PJ as low hanging fruit and a flashy hire that would move for around $3 million/year. If he did his homework, he would have started and ended with Sumlin. I firmly believe that the immediate increase in donations hiring Sumlin would bring in would equal or exceed the difference in pay.

Sorry late to the party - just checking this is correct:

- Rumour Fleck accepted but not confirmed
- Seems less likely now than an hour ago but can't be sure?
- Issue most likely what he asking for in $$$$ but could be that scout/rivals or Helen Rubenstein have not given their approval yet?

(Ignore last bit - just my last stages of grief over way Claeys was treated)

Because he's a much more seasoned and successful HC...in the SEC. My guess...Coyle saw PJ as low hanging fruit and a flashy hire that would move for around $3 million/year. If he did his homework, he would have started and ended with Sumlin. I firmly believe that the immediate increase in donations hiring Sumlin would bring in would equal or exceed the difference in pay.

Just seems odd to hit the low hanging fruit when it at least seems like the spotlight is on Coyle / clock is ticking.

He wants his big hire to be low hanging fruit? That doesn't jive.

If Fleck declined, wouldn't he have said as much publicly? Since he hasn't I think he's either accepted or negotiations is still going on.

I'd be willing to bet they sign non-disclosures.

Who the hell really thought this would happen! lol nobody wants to come here with this administration! U don't think these guys do there research on Minnesota! U don't think they ask kill and cleays what is going on there? Really are we this stupid? This is awesome! Cleays laughing all the way home!

A little early for the crack-pipe, dude.

- Issue most likely what he asking for in $$$$ but could be that scout/rivals or Helen Rubenstein have not given their approval yet?

Not sure about the money thing. Dan will say anything for any reason.

Just seems odd to hit the low hanging fruit when it at least seems like the spotlight is on Coyle / clock is ticking.

He wants his big hire to be low hanging fruit? That doesn't jive.

What about Mark Coyle so far tells you he's thought this through...that far? As was questioned earlier, I hope he had discussed ranges for different scenarios and coaches...but I'm not putting any money on that idea.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Unsubstantiated rumors from GopherFanatic19, Smash 'em Gophs!, and jnona14 all saying it's done and will be announced soon. As time goes by, it's looking less and less likely. If it gets to 6pm and no reputable source is corroborating their stories, I'm inclined to think this is all a ruse. No one knows if there are any sticking points, money is rumored but probably just because it's always a deal with the Minnesota athletic department.

You forgot the Wikipedia part.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now that seems like the most legit source to put something out there publicly. He did follow up saying he's not inclined to believe his friend though.

Loving the panic. Fleck needs time to get all of his oars in the water before the big press conference. Patience everyone.

What about Mark Coyle so far tells you he's thought this through...that far? As was questioned earlier, I hope he had discussed ranges for different scenarios and coaches...but I'm not putting any money on that idea.

Hard to imagine even the dumbest AD not knowing his football hire is gonna be a big deal.

Latest I am told, is Fleck has accepted the job as I posted earlier. Its not signed on the dotted line as in stone. Fleck wants certain parameters guaranteed. If they don't meet him he will walk, if they do, he will sign, which is likely.

Top Bottom