FLECK HAS ACCEPTED THE GOPHERS JOB!! UPDATED: WE GOT FLECK!!!!

Why would Felck come here for 2.5M when he could demand twice that at a bigger job, just like Tom Herman did?

Because WMU loses their star senior QB and their all-American WR that may be a top 10 pick. They start next year with USC and MSU instead of beatable Northwestern and Illinois. They very easily could fall to 7-5 or 8-4 next year. A run of injuries in there or some bad luck and his star could dim really quickly over the next couple seasons. A bird in the hand and such.

We'll all be like the castaways chasing Gilligan around after the pot of glue exploded.

I knew Gilligan was high...always had bananas hanging around and took no interest in the hot chicks.

So this rumor DID start at 31 Flavors last night......

Does PJ know that the Twin Cities have great beer also? Kalamazoo is a pretty good beer town.

FLECK HAS ACCEPTED THE GOPHERS JOB!! (not confirmed yet)

If MN wasn't willing to offer 3.5 million they had no business offering. I bet Fleck is asking for 4 million, plus a good assistants pool.

If Coyle and Kaler want to seriously compete, 3.5m should be easy. If he stays and they didn't offer 3.5 they have no clue.

Harsin is worse than the staff they just let go. Not even a top 5 candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ryan Gau
‏@GoPher4Ever
My sources are saying that Fleck has turned down an offer from the #gophers. Coyle moving on to plan B.

From the Western Michigan site.

I feel the longer the day goes without an announcement, the less and less likely this scenario is going to become.

Sounds right...

Yeah, it's not a great job. If I was in his situation, I would pass, stay at WMU a couple more years and see who comes calling.

Look what we did to one of the more stable coaching staffs in the country who came here and had success, can anyone blame coach for passing?

Could he have talked to coach Kill

Sounds right...

Is it possible that Fleck talked to coach Kill and he gave him the lowdown on working for President Kaler?

Maybe he is holding out for a rooftop patio on the boat house with an exclusive mini bar. That and maybe access to round trip flights on Sun Country anywhere at anytime in the winter?

Heard he wanted 7 years $30 million

That would be a reasonable ask. If they weren't willing to pay near that they wouldn't have been talking to him.

I am guessing if there is a hang up it is about he gophers wanting a buyout if he leaves quickly

Top Bottom