FIRE OC

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm more concerned about the defense...they let Miami back into it. I think Rossi has a hotter seat than Sanford at the moment.

I don’t think it’s him I think he’s getting orders from Phillip. Phillip is the most vanilla offensive and defensive coach in the world, but he loves his slogans.

Just wait until next year when they have a more veteran presence under center. Oh wait.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm more concerned about the defense...they let Miami back into it. I think Rossi has a hotter seat than Sanford at the moment.
The offense has had to work through some key injuries that have limited the explosiveness and depth. The defense is just losing the line of scrimmage way too much and must get better.

I don’t think it’s him I think he’s getting orders from Phillip. Phillip is the most vanilla offensive and defensive coach in the world, but he loves his slogans.

Just wait until next year when they have a more veteran presence under center. Oh wait.
I do believe PJ goes into these games with a vanilla game plan. It’s unfathomable the offense that did what I feel was a pretty good job against OSU’s 4 and 5* D struggled against a likely mid-tier MAC team. They did the same thing in ‘19 before being a top-10 team. PJ’s teams struggle mightily the first few weeks of each of his seasons so far.

Yeah

at the same time the offense is more pJ and Kirk or Sanford considering it looks not much different after coordinator change

I’m ready for Matt Simon or Clay Patterson to call plays.
Didn't Clay Patterson get hired the year Kirk almost left. I always kinda thought they were gonna give him the OC position when Kirk left...

Absolutely not. Name one quarterback that’s come through the U that’s been better? I prefer not to revert to the QB play that we’ve been accustomed to in the past.
It's possible that when CAB and Wright come back... and with Jackson... They can go back to Morgan throwing jump-balls and expecting a Gopher to come down with the ball. Minus that, the downfield passing game is not going to be featured (or used much)

Maybe, but there are results and then there are results in context with talent. I assume PJ had to be aware of deficiencies in the secondary, at least some of which can probably be attributed to recruiting. The offense with all its returning experience, talent and previous results came into the year with high expectations.

The offense has had to work through some key injuries that have limited the explosiveness and depth. The defense is just losing the line of scrimmage way too much and must get better.

The offense should be ok with CAB and Wright hopefully back next week and Potts seems like at least a serviceable Big Ten back. Maybe another will emerge - but not sure why they are riding one guy.

The stupid wildcat variation is just awful. The conservative play calls may be a statement on the state of the WR corps today or just hubris.

Sanford has got to get everyone playing better.

I haven't looked but I'd like to see the break down of running plays and passing plays on 1st and 2nd. 3rd and long isn't good odds for Tanner and the wide receivers. I watched Fleck's post game and he's clueless saying it was all because of the dropped passes... NO! He talks about situational awareness... maybe you have to be aware that they are daring you to run into stacked boxes, and you do it anyway... then you're forced to try to pass on 3rd and long. (in which they are ready for)

I haven't looked but I'd like to see the break down of running plays and passing plays on 1st and 2nd. 3rd and long isn't good odds for Tanner and the wide receivers. I watched Fleck's post game and he's clueless saying it was all because of the dropped passes... NO! He talks about situational awareness... maybe you have to be aware that they are daring you to run into stacked boxes, and you do it anyway... then you're forced to try to pass on 3rd and long. (in which they are ready for)
PJ is really clueless on X's and O's....He relies on the coordinators and fancy slogans.

How many dropped passes were there?

Well he said they had three drives stopped by dropped passes... probably on 3rd and long.
I was at the game and seemed like the WRs did us no favors. Would be curious to re-watch and count.

Makes you realize how big of a drop it is from guys like Bateman, Johnson, CrAB, Wright to the other guys.

I was at the game and seemed like the WRs did us no favors. Would be curious to re-watch and count.

Makes you realize how big of a drop it is from guys like Bateman, Johnson, CrAB, Wright to the other guys.
Well I haven't looked at the stats, but in my mind, the dropped passes issue was a product of the horrendous play calling. There was no imagination at all, no adjustments at all. I'm betting that most of those "drops" were on 3rd and long. When you can't get anything against stacked boxes on first and second, and are forced to try to pass on 3rd and long... your chances of success go way down.

Well I haven't looked at the stats, but in my mind, the dropped passes issue was a product of the horrendous play calling. There was no imagination at all, no adjustments at all. I'm betting that most of those "drops" were on 3rd and long. When you can't get anything against stacked boxes on first and second, and are forced to try to pass on 3rd and long... your chances of success go way down.
May have been using a limited playbook today.

I wish that were the case, but this was the same issue all of last year... "fire Sanford"
I'm willing to give it a few more games before I get to that point.

Tanners been fine.

Mn Wrs had few drops that hurt.

Some of you guys panic way too fast
Tanner was really good in the first half and (IMO) was neutered by awful play calling in the second half.

Also - please get more RBs some touches. Mo should not have been getting 30+ carries per game, Potts should absolutely not be getting 30+ carries per game. It's too much and it is completely unnecessary.

Tanner was really good in the first half and (IMO) was neutered by awful play calling in the second half.

Also - please get more RBs some touches. Mo should not have been getting 30+ carries per game, Potts should absolutely not be getting 30+ carries per game. It's too much and it is completely unnecessary.
I'm ready to see more Williams, Irving, or Thomas. I've never been impressed at all by Wiley.

I'm ready to see more Williams, Irving, or Thomas. I've never been impressed at all by Wiley.
Yeah, I am cool with any combo of backs, but I would try to keep my backs close to 20-25 carries per game.

Top Bottom